Serious Skits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Skits

So far pretty much all of our skits in the podcast have been essentially entirely humorous. Is there any interest in some more serious skits? Without giving away spoilers, with RE:RC news, I've been getting some ideas for some skits or an ongoing story with us playing characters within Raccoon City during the outbreak. Dot's kinda worried that something serious would be boring for you guys, but what do you guys think? Obviously it would depend on how well it's written and acted in the long run, so just looking for general interest before I really sit down and pen something out with the guys.
    sigpic

If I am going to be very honest here, I wouldn’t help but laugh at a skit if it was going to be taken seriously because of how infamous Resident Evil is when it comes to its own dialogue and writing. It's not a bad idea if done well, but I honestly can't see it work in my opinion. By all means play around with the concept but the podcast is fine with its skits as it is. Besides, is it worth doing for a tiny few dozen who listens to it, if it's going to be an occurring thing?
    Last edited by Zombie Fred; 04-05-2011, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Do you mean more like a radio play kind of thing?
      As long as the script is somewhat decent and it doesn't go on and on and on. I'd imagine it to be longer than any of the other skits done, and it would need alot of production - but I mean as long as it's better than some of the fan fics out there it might work..
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

...Gene, I have no idea what the words in that spoiler tag mean. I choose to never find out.

Personally, I think this would be cool. Possibly add it on at the end of the show for those who don't especially like the serious bit?

Comment

Wayne did a reading of a fanfic a while back which made it into the riff-raff at the end of the latest podcast. I'd suggest you'd never listen.
          As long as the writing calibre is at least A LOT better than that it could work.
          sigpic

Comment

I haven't listened to any of the podcasts yet, much to my shame. A situation I'm planning to remedy with an MP3 player and some bath time later.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
              Wayne did a reading of a fanfic a while back which made it into the riff-raff at the end of the latest podcast. I'd suggest you'd never listen.
              As long as the writing calibre is at least A LOT better than that it could work.
              I just want to make it clear that I was not affiliated with that material. I simply read it for horrible, horrible laughter.

Spoiler:

I'm so sorry.

Comment

Yeah I'm talking about like a radio play. Not like reading a story narrative style. And coming from us, there wouldn't be any bullshit junk you see in fanfics written by 14 year olds.

I dunno, personally I like the humorous stuff we do, but I just don't like how -everything- we do has to be based on something funny (besides when we talk a serious review or technical analysis of a game though that often still has humor). Guess it just stems from me being the least funny in the group since I have a low sense of humor. I prefer serious stuff more often.

But yeah, the other drawback would be that the ideas I have would take a lot of editing and would probably be too much work overall. Too ambitious for a podcast thing I think.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, as you said, if it will be done the right way, it might work. The only thing that comes to my infected mind is something similar to the audio logs from dead space.
                  But I like the humorous skits, so make them going as well.
                  "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Hell what's the worst that could happen?
                    We have to wait 'til April 1st (Sorry 2nd) 2012 to hear 'em?
                    Give it a try, anything new is automatically good right now . . .

Her walls!
                    <shudder>
                    I swear than fanfic was . . . I don't think words exist to accurately describe or do it justice . . .
                    Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 04-11-2011, 08:40 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

you guys do a good job and put a lot of work into the skits i would be all about hearing some serious skits put into the podcast

Comment

Working...
                      X