No announcement yet.

Resident Evil's 15th Anniversary Gets Special Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw, that retrospective trailer made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Having Wesker narrate it was a great touch. Even though I give the series a lot of flack, RE deserves their 15 years and hell, 15 more.

However.. One thing bothered me.. How does a slight graphical update make Code Veronica "envisioned for a new generation"? Didn't Darkside Chronicles already do that?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
      Umbrella having access to the latest technologies in the world is not far-fetched, in fact it makes sense.

There is tech made that we have no idea about, and Umbrella would be taking advantage of that for their special forces.
      Yep they say the special forces has access to technology that won't see for another 50 years, games foretell the future their already trialing genome soldiers they're called xbox fps players ;-)
      Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-05-2011, 02:45 PM.
      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Nice trailer. Gotta love DC Douglas. What makes me wonder is that both RE.CVX and RE:4 are being advertised as Games on Demand for Xbox Live rather than Arcade titles. So we might get a full achievement/trophie list? And how would this affect pricing for both titles?
        Anyway, it's been a while... Half of life my playing Resident Evil, this brings back memories
        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 04-05-2011, 06:50 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I said it in another similar thread but really liking this trailer. Sparks an interest in the series again for me. Roll on Revelations, ORC & Mercenaries. Think I'll go play RE3 now.
          Last edited by Biokk; 04-05-2011, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
            What makes me wonder is that both RE.CVX and RE:4 are being advertised as Games on Demand for Xbox Live rather than Arcade titles. So we might get a full achievement/trophie list? And how would this affect pricing for both titles
            It sure raises a lot of questions (both good and bad), but it's not as if they couldn't have easily fit both games within the 2,1gb limit of the XBLA distribution package system.

Comment

You know i'm not normally a fan of things like this but:

I'd love for the redo CV and 4 VO with Roger Craig Smith and DS Douglass.
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I picked up both the new Nintendo Power and OXM today, so if anyone wants scans, send me a message.

Most of the information has already been covered, but I don't think all of the screenshots from the articles have been released yet.

Comment

Nice little trailer. The ORC (I so need photoshop and some Warhammer images...Waaagh) section had the same issue as last time for me - too much Leon, not enough of the actual characters. Yes, I know, he was only there for a few seconds...in a section of trailer that lasted a few more seconds. Hopefully Capcom will focus a little more on the actual confirmed playable cast next time.

And I must admit, I still somewhat dislike the stealth system and immagery. It just feels like someone at Capcom/Slant Six was going, 'Hey, Metal Gear sold well right? We should do that!' It does have me slightly worried the other characters abilities will be lifted from other well selling games, although I have no idea what they would be.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                    I can see Douglas talking like Wesker while fixing breakfast, "Now that I've acquired the butter there will be complete...toast...saturation. Where's the egg whites? AH, there you are!".
                    GOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                      You know i'm not normally a fan of things like this but:

I'd love for the redo CV and 4 VO with Roger Craig Smith and DS Douglass.

Props to DC for the narration though out of the lineup only one of the games has been confirmed to have him voicing in it. And sadly I'd rather play Code Veronica and 4 in HD. Games we've already played, but ones we know for sure are great and have been during those 15 years. This trailer might has well have been narrated by Richard Waugh.

Comment

That soldier (HUNK?) has an invisibility cloak. That'll add for great tension in gameplay and the story(if it's HUNK and from Revelations).

Comment

It's not HUNK. The guy's name, or codename, is Vector.

Comment

still cannot wait fro bertha move set which i hope includes the BEARD PUNCH

Comment

Yeah Vector. If they end up being nice villains I wouldn't mind them returning into the the present storyline. They have already destroyed so many potential great villains including Sergei Vladimir for example (ruthless and cold personality).

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                                Yeah Vector. If they end up being nice villains I wouldn't mind them returning into the the present storyline. They have already destroyed so many potential great villains including Sergei Vladimir for example (ruthless and cold personality).
                                I would say the chances are they died with the rest of Raccoon City.

Or at least I think that would be a interesting way to make the campaign go (as it is singleplayer only for campaign I read).

Comment

Working...
                                X