Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The Zombie Genocider Beanovsky Durst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enetirnel View Post
    Cleaned up. Though there is a report button, it'll flag it directly in the mod forum so I can tag that direct post as spam and clean it up quicker.

Thinking the forum may need an update.
    Duh, I just noticed the small icon on the bottom left... Will do next time! Sorry.
    "I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

#40 Left Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
    Duh, I just noticed the small icon on the bottom left... Will do next time! Sorry.
    No worries mate.

Looking through the newest joined members and weeding out a fuckton of adbots, spambots at the moment.

I'll have to get Carn or see if I can catch Dot when he isn't doing WoW or Skyrim to see if he or if he can get Ice or someone to update the forum again because I'm suspecting a security patch needs to be done.

Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Overly Old School

Also, folks, a note - please mention it if Spambots post on your wall, and delete them. The damned things are being so invasive that Google has flagged the frickin' site as potentially compromised/, so we need to delete as much of there bullshit as possible.

THIA Staff

"Might" have fixed the spambots. Gonna have to keep an eye on things for a little while.

Problem was that the latest forum update replaced our previous security system for newly registered users with the default captcha thingy (which of course all spambots have adapted to ages ago; unlike the RE trivia quiz we normally have)

War Horse Uranium

I've been looking into the security issue. It seems some spambots actually became so pervasive on the forums that Google flagged us as a potential spam/hacked site. We actually aren't, thankfully. I'm investigating the matter myself though at the present time and I'll have a report in the coming days. Perhaps also some news on THIA's future direction if CARN would get on Skype.

Banned

Oh my god we finally have an ignore list why wasnt I notified. Bye bye Stu! You shall be missed.

Resident 1.5 Expert

There's always been an ignore function.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alzaire View Post
    There's always been an ignore function.
    Well when I asked about it to certain 'Mods' They told me there is no such function on this forum. So they either full of it or dont know this forum very well.

Overly Old School

Odd, because I've suggested it to people - several times - in the past. Inevitably they'd much rather argue with each other than ignore them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoon View Post
    Odd, because I've suggested it to people - several times - in the past. Inevitably they'd much rather argue with each other than ignore them.
    Trust me if I knew about it I would have done this a long time ago.

THIA Staff

Icon1

The Ignore Function is active again? I disabled that feature after people were bitching and moaning about something something in a thread, 'cause they missed out on stuff thanks to having X or Y on ignore and some stupid arguement started thanks to it... Gah! That feature really should go burn in hell again (problem is that if it's disabled for the forum, people who've got it active will still have to manually unignore people they've ignored.)

Please note that using the IGNORE function (if it's for some stupid reason active again) is entirely at your own risk and any and all points where you as a user of said function is missing out on established information is entirely on you and in cases where that may lead to an infraction (or ban, somehow) is entirely on you.

"Bu- bu- but he was on ignore ..." is not a valid defense.
    Last edited by Carnivol; 05-12-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information