Stopping the spambots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
    He's probably out there right now on the plains of Azeroth, on his crystal horse steed thing that he bought with the monies.
    Everyone meet my trusted steed, my crystal horse thingy!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
      Everyone meet my trusted steed, my crystal horse thingy!

Spoiler:
      YouTube video:
      Sorry for the off-topicness.
      Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 04-18-2011, 05:01 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Good news everyone! Out of the 933 registrations that we're attempted as of the install of this plugin, we've blocked 900 of them! A couple of bots got through, but they too have been submitted to the spam database and will now be blocked as well.
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-20-2011, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Um, sorry for reviving this topic, but I think we have a situation going on... Two Spaminators on different threads, examples:

Originally posted by amebsteggz
          Standing on Karen Millen Dress the medial side in the kernel that will snapped up phone, simply listen to your ex little girl questioned: \was within the exact same party Scarpe Hogan, nevertheless simply inside the aboard above your altitude regarding 7900 metres the past 2 days, They might act jointly. On the \Jen regardless of whether Chanel Bags something occurred to your ex, acquired used. Registration towards the 8300 feets back then, a growing number of steep mountain for you to ascend quite challenging,alteration by appliance Kate Moss the direction they observed several systems with the unusual climbers, Gigi can't help feeling scared, i suggest you appease Gigi Jen. May possibly 27, only Something like 20 metres away from the optimum, the kernel then quit, ripped Gigi's hands.
          Originally posted by yzxulnqxjb
          88 Scarpe Hogan kms on foot to try out the actual Gobi beyond the self
          Case Herve Leger Sale not merely obtained my personal trust for you to practice a good deficiency
          the heart Christian Louboutin Online becomes more potent, more importantly, my own boy and i also, comprehend and also Burberry Bags believe in the other far more. Xuan Zang mitzvah pursuits alteration by appliance Kate Moss have taken part over a period of time, nevertheless 38-year-old individual company masters are still submerged inside ft . Gobi Jian reminiscences.
          Yep.
          Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 04-22-2012, 10:50 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Cleaned up. Though there is a report button, it'll flag it directly in the mod forum so I can tag that direct post as spam and clean it up quicker.

Thinking the forum may need an update.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
              Cleaned up. Though there is a report button, it'll flag it directly in the mod forum so I can tag that direct post as spam and clean it up quicker.

Thinking the forum may need an update.
              Duh, I just noticed the small icon on the bottom left... Will do next time! Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                Duh, I just noticed the small icon on the bottom left... Will do next time! Sorry.
                No worries mate.

Looking through the newest joined members and weeding out a fuckton of adbots, spambots at the moment.

I'll have to get Carn or see if I can catch Dot when he isn't doing WoW or Skyrim to see if he or if he can get Ice or someone to update the forum again because I'm suspecting a security patch needs to be done.
                sigpic
                Non-blurry Signature Version
                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Also, folks, a note - please mention it if Spambots post on your wall, and delete them. The damned things are being so invasive that Google has flagged the frickin' site as potentially compromised/, so we need to delete as much of there bullshit as possible.

Comment

"Might" have fixed the spambots. Gonna have to keep an eye on things for a little while.

Problem was that the latest forum update replaced our previous security system for newly registered users with the default captcha thingy (which of course all spambots have adapted to ages ago; unlike the RE trivia quiz we normally have)

Comment

I've been looking into the security issue. It seems some spambots actually became so pervasive on the forums that Google flagged us as a potential spam/hacked site. We actually aren't, thankfully. I'm investigating the matter myself though at the present time and I'll have a report in the coming days. Perhaps also some news on THIA's future direction if CARN would get on Skype.

Comment

Oh my god we finally have an ignore list why wasnt I notified. Bye bye Stu! You shall be missed.

Comment

There's always been an ignore function.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                            There's always been an ignore function.
                            Well when I asked about it to certain 'Mods' They told me there is no such function on this forum. So they either full of it or dont know this forum very well.

Comment

Odd, because I've suggested it to people - several times - in the past. Inevitably they'd much rather argue with each other than ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                                Odd, because I've suggested it to people - several times - in the past. Inevitably they'd much rather argue with each other than ignore them.
                                Trust me if I knew about it I would have done this a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X