No announcement yet.

Stopping the spambots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q: Which is the best Resident Evil game?
    A:Spoiler:

Ban everyone else!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
      Q: Which is the best Resident Evil game?
      A:Spoiler:

Ban everyone else!
      Anyone who says RE4 should be lynched.
      See you in hell.

Comment

FAKE!

Comment

I know at one point Carn suggested there may be human involvement with registering the little shits. Nice to know someone may have finally harnassed the power of Trolling to make money...

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
            FAKE!
            See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
              Anyone who says RE4 should be lynched.

Well, I guess I better get the rope ready. . .
              sigpic

Comment

Okay, I just instituted the question system. Lets see how it goes. I'm testacc btw, needed to be sure the questions work. Anything after is spam ;( I've also banned two email domains from india which were commonly used. If we need to nuke from orbit, I will ban:
                @yahoo.com
                @gmail.com

as they are the two most common ones. Anyone currently using one of those domains for email won't be affected though.
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-07-2011, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Welp, they got around that. Either its real people or they are really good at google matching our questions. I might have to make them tougher, but in the meantime we're now on mod-approval for new user accounts.

Comment

It's the only way to be sure.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

Where on the mod CP can we approve users? I can't see anything on there about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                        Welp, they got around that. Either its real people or they are really good at google matching our questions. I might have to make them tougher, but in the meantime we're now on mod-approval for new user accounts.

Pretty sure they are manually registered, seeing as they manage to handle the questions we have in the registration process (a random selection of various stuff that more or less requires you to either google or know your RE ABC)

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                          Where on the mod CP can we approve users? I can't see anything on there about it.
                          I don't think we can. We're not high enough ranking. Admins only. I feel insulted. I think we should get our balls and take them home.

...and by 'our' I do, of course, mean Dot's.

Comment

Does that mean I;
                            A: Don't have balls
                            B: Am free to go (w/my balls)
                            C: None of the above

(Also; I seriously have no bloody clue where the registration activation/validation option is in the control panel... been way too long since I last had to use that and I don't feel like exploring that maze again... Vbulletin admin area is a mess)

Comment

I'm not really all in the know when it comes to forums but what's a spambot exactly?
                              "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
                                I'm not really all in the know when it comes to forums but what's a spambot exactly?
                                An automated program that signs up random accounts on forums and such to post spam links with ads/random shit/viruses, ect.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X