No announcement yet.

Stopping the spambots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we already have a donator's badge can we get 1.5 instead? Since you, you know, have it stashed away along side the RE0 64 beta, the Arc of the Covenant, the Spear of Longinus and the Holy Grail...on your Atlantian Sky Fortress.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      ...on your Atlantian Sky Fortress.
      Our base of operations, hell yeah!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        Well, if you guys want to donate, send me a PM with how much you can send.
        The donations will be made via paypal I assume.
        Last edited by aris13; 04-09-2011, 03:29 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure why, but when I try and view the page of the newest registered member, fostad3la ( http://www.the-horror.com/forums/member.php?u=8227 ) it keeps saying I don't have permission to view the page.

Alexia_Ashford, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
          2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
          Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 04-09-2011, 05:29 AM.

Comment

aris, yep. Alexia, Not sure, like I said I'll have to review permissions when I have a day off work. Its probably because everyone new has to be approved by an admin. I looked into it a bit more and I think I need to install a hack (which requires a license) to let super mods approve/deny users.

I let 3 people in today. Only 8 registers today ;) Two of em MAY be spambots, so keep an eye on em.
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-09-2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Alexia and Canas Renvall have both donated, if my calculations are correct we only need around 75$ now to fill in the missing gap, possibly less when the final funds clear. I'll keep you guys updated.

Okay, so this problem is way more widespread than I thought. I'll have to manually click each person to delete them, and I'm looking at several hundred if not thousands. I hate to say it here, but I'm considering a purge of 0 post users. That's one thing I never wanted to do, but I want us to be rid of these bots permanently.

Edit: 1970 people pruned ;( if you were one, sorry, please re-register. I set it to people who have 0 posts and who haven't logged in for 100 days. Now I can go back through the archives with relative ease.

Edit2: I've also deleted the banned folks with 0 posts, so I guess this is their opportunity to come back and play nice this time.

Edit3: Okay, I deleted ALL 0 post users. This cleared out 5000 spambots (holy shit). Many we missed and some actually made real posts about RE before changing their sigs to shit, so I still have to root out those assholes. Apologies to anyone who had their account deleted. Please remake it!
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-09-2011, 11:32 PM.

Comment

The problem is you get some bots that post in a topic saying something like "oh yeah i like those movies too", so they appear to be normal users until you see their signature. They also post visitor messages on their own user profile, that's another thing I've noticed.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Or entire articles, like this little bastard:

Comment

Awesome, got Gene's portion Theres your donator tag Gene, thanks!

Comment

Canas Renvall just sent his in ;) Should be 2 more days and Emma&Gareth send theirs to complete this. Thanks Canas! Donator tag added!

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                        Awesome, got Gene's portion Theres your donator tag Gene, thanks!

Excellent thanks
                        Now I'm a THIA shareholder. All you posters better pay dividends!
                        sigpic

Comment

Aww, thanks Dot! Glad to help. Keep this site awesome!

Comment

You're now both first in line when the 1.5 beta is released.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

...I can haz betaz?! C'mon Dot, hurry up and release it already! We all know you have it now.

Comment

Signature reset is complete, please re-update your sigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X