A Game of Thrones Television Adaptation on HBO/BBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vector View Post
    So I finished A Clash of Kings the other day, and when finished I couldn't help but feel like I read around 1000 pages of filler.

Spoiler:
    . . . .I thought you were going to. . . .cool. Awesome.

Spoiler:

So, in response to whether you should read A Storm of Swords at this point, let me put it simply.

A Storm of Swords>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>over both AGOT and ACWK.

You've already put forth the effort in reading two(or did you just read Clash)of Martin's tomb. You're only cheating yourself if you don't read A Storm of Swords. Seriously. If you want to wash out the nasty taste it seems a Clash has left in your mouth, read A Storm. Big things happen in it. I would be shocked if you thought otherwise.

There's really only one troublesome POV in A Storm of Swords, and that's Spoiler:

Otherwise, happy reading!

Oh, and before I forget, I like the look of who've they casted as Lady Tarth, but not sure about Magarery. Kinda older looking than I expected, but I doubt that'll be an issue when it comes time.

EDIT* Oh, and just if anyone's interested, here is a review I wrote for a Storm of Swords back in May 2009. .. DAMN, has it really been that long? Oh, and don't worry. It's spoiler free. . .even though I'm putting it in a spoiler tab for sake of convince.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by valentinesdead?; 07-08-2011, 09:37 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Natalie Dormer(The Tudors) is Margaery Tyrell
      Hells yeah!
      Freedom of Information.

Comment

I'll be happy when this fad dies down and we can all go back to our regular scheduled programming.
        See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
          I'll be happy when this fad dies down and we can all go back to our regular scheduled programming.
          Fad?

How can A Game of Thrones be a fade with the likes of Sean Bean, and Charles Dance invovled? Hm? And how can you even call yourself a Charles Dance fan and have yet to even watch the series? You should be ashamed of yourself. Very ashamed!

The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
          Last edited by valentinesdead?; 07-10-2011, 08:59 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Spencer doesn't like fantasy. And therefore, fantasy is a fad.

Although in fairness, with a couple of exceptions, this is closer to a drama set in Ye Olde Worlde. There's very little magic so far - most of the loops of intestines are revealed via sword.

Comment

Darkmoon called it.
              See you in hell.

Comment

The other day while walking past a bookshop I saw an offer in the window, buy two of the books get the third half price, so I caved in and went to buy them. Then when I went in I noticed they were £9 for a paperback copy. Screw that.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Second Hand Bookshops - staying awesome since the dawn of paper.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      I'm always cautious of second hand books, mainly due to where people are and what they do while reading combined with how impractical it is to clean a book.

...but even new books online are at the very least 50% cheaper than highstreet. Amazon has GoT for £4 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                        The other day while walking past a bookshop I saw an offer in the window, buy two of the books get the third half price, so I caved in and went to buy them. Then when I went in I noticed they were £9 for a paperback copy. Screw that.
                        Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        I'm always cautious of second hand books, mainly due to where people are and what they do while reading combined with how impractical it is to clean a book.

...but even new books online are at the very least 50% cheaper than highstreet. Amazon has GoT for £4 right now.

Two words. Amazon Kindle. That is all.
                        sigpic

Comment

I found the first four books, boxed, paperback, for $26 including shipping on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                            Two words. Amazon Kindle. That is all.
                            I have not and doubtful if I would ever need or own a ipad. My mobile phone is about 8 years old, it was one of the first ever phones to record video (in UK anyway), a whole 9 seconds worth.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post

Spoiler:
                              Just quoting this so everyone can once again see the overwhelming level of truth that this man has shown you all.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

I found the first four books, boxed, paperback, for $26 including shipping on Amazon.
                                Yeah. I bought the set as a gift to my cousins, who have yet to read the series. I read A Game of Thrones in mass market paperback, but I myself own all the books in paperback. Much more enjoyable to read, for me, anyways. Which is why I hope when the 7th, and final, book is released, Random House will put out a Hardcover Collector's boxset with all 7 books. I'd preorder something like that in a jiffy. I'll be re-reading these books for the rest of my life, I'm sure.

I have not and doubtful if I would ever need or own a ipad. My mobile phone is about 8 years old, it was one of the first ever phones to record video (in UK anyway), a whole 9 seconds worth.
                                Ipad? I meant the actual Kindle device. I recently purchased one. If you read alot, i'ts like having a virtual library in the tips of your fingers. You can buy books off the Kindle store(most which are cheaper than physical copies). ...or other places if you know where to look(if you get my drift). Bottom line, you can save alot of money. And personally, I'm aiming at trying to support the more independent Kindle authors(the few good ones, anyway), rather than the published bookstores. . . .but that's another story.

Just quoting this so everyone can once again see the overwhelming level of truth that this man has shown you all.
                                Hm. I think all your posts in this topic have amounted to this.

Download: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwricyrTs5YI'm aware that a lot of people have uploaded this already, however, I have looped it for your listening p...

If you thought I was beyond the joys of trolling, you'd be wrong
                                Last edited by valentinesdead?; 07-11-2011, 08:55 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X