Rebecca Chambers Confirmed for RE The Mercenaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebecca Chambers Confirmed for RE The Mercenaries

Here's some off camera footage of Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D from this year's Wondercon, featuring a currently unannounced character, Ms. Rebecca Chambers. You know what that means, right? We've almost got a full on Resident Evil 1 reunion here. All we need now is Barry Burton, and the whole gang will be back in action, just like they were in Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition. How touching.

This video also shows that the traditional Resident Evil 4/5 over-the-shoulder camera is back as well, even when aiming. When I played the game at PAX East earlier this year, the only option was first person aiming. It was still a lot of fun, but I have to admit, the change-hating, boring old bastard in me is thrilled to play the game with the over-the-shoulder view that I've grown accustomed to over the years.

Source: Destructoid
    Last edited by xfactor; 04-09-2011, 06:34 AM.

Visually it's superb! Looks better and better each new build we see.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Now that Rebecca's confirmed, surely we must get Barry too!

I agree, the graphics look so good on this game. It makes me laugh how the guy's gloves make it look like his thumbs aren't pressing any buttons. Perhaps he's using his mind?

Comment

"I'm Rebecca, oh nooo!"
        Last edited by REmaster; 04-09-2011, 12:55 PM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by IllGiveYouStars View Post
          Now that Rebecca's confirmed, surely we must get Barry too!

I agree, the graphics look so good on this game. It makes me laugh how the guy's gloves make it look like his thumbs aren't pressing any buttons. Perhaps he's using his mind?
          Not to mention he's playing it in 3D mode as well. His 3D slider may not be turned up, but the 3D is. If it's anything like SF43D, Capcom will include an option to turn off 3D entirely, improving the framerates to true 60fps!
          REALDEMO

Comment

Comment

Looks great, but I just can't help wishing that it was a full release on PS3/360...except with more characters and more stages.

Comment

the only worry i have is....it seems there isnt a lot of majini at the same time...

Comment

What we got is a half-assed effort. I usually don't complain, but so far the only "new" character is Claire. The rest are just imports from RE4 or RE5. Come on. Where is the love for other old school characters? Carlos, Mikhail or Nicholai? Ark Thompson, Bruce McGivern? Now that would impress me. Don't get me wrong, I would love a proper STARS reunion, but a nod to older chars would be nice.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                    What we got is a half-assed effort. I usually don't complain, but so far the only "new" character is Claire. The rest are just imports from RE4 or RE5. Come on. Where is the love for other old school characters? Carlos, Mikhail or Nicholai? Ark Thompson, Bruce McGivern? Now that would impress me. Don't get me wrong, I would love a proper STARS reunion, but a nod to older chars would be nice.
                    It's a port of a two-year-old mini-game from RE5. Barebones. Anything extra would be too much for Capcom. They make the money anyway(judging by the mindboggling mostly-positive reactions from people on this site) with minimal effort. They're business geniuses.

Comment

That's it? 8 characters, 7 of which we have already played with? Capcom always made it sound as if they were making an ultimate Mercs game, lots of characters and different maps, but in the end we just get a remix of RE4's and 5' Mercs, nothing new except Claire. Where are Carlos, Nickolai and Mikhail? Where are Leon, Ada, Sheva, Steve, Josh and Excella? Where are the RE1-CVX locations? Where are the classic enemies? I figured there's something wrong when they decided to bundle in Revelations Demo, this game has far too little content to sell on it's own. This doesn't look promising one bit.
                      Last edited by milanm; 04-09-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milanm View Post
                        That's it? 8 characters, 7 of which we have already played with? Capcom always made it sound as if they were making an ultimate Mercs game, lots of characters and different maps, but in the end we just get a remix of RE4's and 5' Mercs, nothing new except Claire. Where are Carlos, Nickolai and Mikhail? Where are Leon, Ada, Sheva, Steve, Josh and Excella? Where are the RE1-CVX locations? Where are the classic enemies? I figured there's something wrong when they decided to bundle in Revelations Demo, this game has far too little content to sell on it's own. This doesn't look promising one bit.
                        Too much for Capcom my ass.

I said it before and I'll say it again.This is a waste of money.Capcom lost their creativity ALONG time ago.If they are gonna make an ultimate merc's game they should add every character from the series that goes for characters that were playable and that were non-playable.That would make more sense.not this watered down crap.Like what Beanovsky Durst said earlier.This is Indeed Half-Assed Effort.
                        Last edited by BrionIrons; 04-09-2011, 04:52 PM.
                        sigpic
                        www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Guys, who said all of the characters have been shown? Like I said in another thread, Capcom have every reason to not reveal every single character at this point, whether they decide to reveal more leading up to the game's release or whether they are kept secret in order to surprise the player.

Lets look at the facts. The following is the currently confirmed character roster:

Chris
                          Claire
                          Jill
                          Wesker
                          HUNK
                          Krauser
                          Rebecca

Take a good look. Doesn't it seem odd that Leon isn't in there? For one thing, Capcom knows that Leon is their most popular character in the franchise, as they've used him in OCR and Damnation. Also, it'd be absurd for him to not be in there, for a game that has RE4 stages.

Another thing is the levelling up system. This is no doubt going to be used to UNLOCK things, such as characters. As I previously posted too, I think if they have included Rebecca then surely they'd put in Barry. They were both part of the Reunion DLC so it would be odd to not include both.

I think there's a lot more characters and surprises in this game to come. Just think of it as any other RE game - while there's no story element, there's still gonna be spoilers and secrets to keep the player amused when they actually play the game.

Of course, if it turns out that Capcom really are being lazy and there's nothing new, then I'll feel stupid for having faith and writing this long post.

Comment

It's inevitable that Barry will be available and Carlos and probably Steve hell the entire Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles roster is sitting about doing nothing. We'll probably see Luis, Sheva and I don't see why we can't have Billy and the cast of REBirth and Outbreak.

The 3DS was of little interest to me and this game has done nothing to change that. The only thing that could improve its chance of a purchase from me is becoming RE5 DLC or at a push an XBLA/PSN release. I strongly doubt it but until then, nah . . .
                            sigpic

Comment

Ark Thompson making his return in this title would arguably be the highlight of the series.

You all know it to be true.
                              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X