Captivate '11 : More Operation Raccoon City & Mercenaries 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captivate '11 : More Operation Raccoon City & Mercenaries 3D

Some more updates out of the Captivate event. First is a tutorial video for Mercenaries 3D for the 3DS which can be viewed by clicking here.

Also, some more screens from Operation Raccoon City have surfaced, showing close ups of Mr X and confirming the existence of Hunters in the game as well, apparently Hunters will be dispatched to target the top scoring players after brief intervals. Various game play previews have also surfaced which will be linked after the jump. The additional screens can be viewed by clicking the link below.

Operation Raccoon City Screens
    , thanks to ChrisRedfield29.
    Mercenaries 3D Tutorial Video, thanks to aris13.
    Last edited by A-J; 04-12-2011, 12:24 PM.

Game play previews ahoy

Games Radar
    1UP
    MTV Multiplayer Blog
    Cheat CC
    Destructoid

And the aforementioned OP : Raccoon City screens.

Last edited by A-J; 04-12-2011, 12:29 PM.

Comment

FUCKING HUNTERS! Oh boy this game just upped its intensity level. As long as the developers tweak the BOW AI to stand up to the PCs' firepower, all will be well. Nonetheless, HUNTERS!

Comment

Come to think of it, some of the classic enemies might have potential for being pretty awesomely different in how you deal with them (or how troublesome they are to deal with), considering how players previously have fought some of these bastards only under relatively closed "corridor"-like circumstances (where just pointing down the hallway and shooting is enough to warrant you a hit).

Comment

Hunters? Hunters?! I came.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

So I guess we'll have to wait until E3 for some actual gameplay footage.

Meh. The more I see of this game, the more and more indifferent I become.

Comment

I'm hoping to see some old fashioned Hunter decapitations
              "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

I'm hoping for more gore...period. Chainsaw through the neck without decapition? Troll'd. I want decapitiation...I want to see some innards being chewed on like cud for zombies...but I'm not optimistic.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Is it me, or is there a real difference between the cutscene shots and the gameplay shots? I'm sorta used to them look mostly the same for games these days.

Comment

It looks like they're using pre-rendered cg cutscenes rather than the in-game engine. Not that I can blame them, looking at the in-game screenshots.

Comment

That shot of Leon looks like concept art to me ..

Comment

It probably is, but I think Darkmoon was referring to the closeup shots of the USS.

If the shot of Leon is, in fact, from a cutscene, there's a distinct disconnect between his model and that of the USS, though. Probably stems from the fact that his model was ripped from Darkside Chronicles, I'd imagine.
                        Last edited by Archelon; 04-12-2011, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Well, I have no problem with CGI cutscenes rather than in game ones, although it does mean any silly costumes won't show up. Meh. I can live without silly costumes. As long as the default ones aren't to silly.

I am getting slightly concerned that zombie shields seem to be this games version of waist high barricades for most shooters, although there are a few shots of them cowering behind cars as well. The mental images of 4 vs 4 where both sides dance around each clutching a zombie shield strikes me as hilarious.

EDIT: Iwas refering to the image of Leon, which looks very different to the ingame version, and the Mr X as well as shots like Spectre's knife attack. They look quite different to the shots that are obviously of gameplay.
                          Last edited by Darkmoon; 04-12-2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

New O:RC Trailer, and it looks amazing.

YouTube video:

Comment

Okay, the shot of Leon is from a cutscene. You see it in the new trailer.

EDIT:

Those animations are atrocious. And that's most certainly not Paul Mercier.
                              Last edited by Archelon; 04-12-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X