Operation : Raccoon City Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation : Raccoon City Trailer

A new trailer for Operation Raccoon City has been released, the trailer features both cutscene and game play footage with a real twist to throw off fans at the end. Watch the trailer at the link below.

*** Update ***

IGN shot a video interview with the team behind the game. Watch the interview by clicking here.

*** End Update ***

Operation Raccoon City Trailer, thanks to ChrisRedfield29.
    Operation Raccoon City Video Interview
    Last edited by A-J; 04-12-2011, 03:37 PM.

Neat trailer. I must be getting old, because I'm finding it harder to distinguish between in-game graphics and cutscene with all these new games.. (I guess it's a good thing?)

With the trailer ending in mind, is that an alternate 'scene' or is the whole game considered non-canon right from the start?
    Last edited by PracticalAl; 04-12-2011, 04:38 PM. Reason: Typo. Damn iPad..
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
      Neat trailer. I must be getting old, because I'm finding it harder to distinguish between in-game graphics and cutscene with all these new games.. (I guess it's a good thing?)

With the trailer ending in mind, is that an alternate 'scene' or is the whole game considered non-canon right from the start?
      Well, If you asking me; it's pretty much a non-canon; My guess they made this game for fans who want to play a Resident evil with zombies and multi-player .

Other than that; I think the game looks pretty good; kind of looks like Gears of War, but I never have play any Slant Six games.
      Last edited by chris_survivor; 04-12-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

From what I've read there's apparently a "canon" path and a bunch of other paths that are just what-ifs and fanservice.

(Take that however you'd like it though. The canon is already iffy and then there are those 'in denial' people that say stuff like 'Sheena island didn't happen even if RE 0 referenced it' and 'any game that was made after Mikami left isn't canon')

Comment

Originally posted by chris_survivor View Post
          My guess they made this game for fans who want to play a Resident evil with zombies and multi-player .
          Definitely seems that way. The emphasis on teamwork is clear in the trailers and interviews. Sigh, bad times to be an asocial gamer..

Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
          From what I've read there's apparently a "canon" path and a bunch of other paths that are just what-ifs and fanservice.
          Ah, that's interesting. I'm a big fan of "what if's". Always reminds me of the awesome, old-school Marvel "what if?" comics.

Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
          (Take that however you'd like it though. The canon is already iffy and then there are those 'in denial' people that say stuff like 'Sheena island didn't happen even if RE 0 referenced it' and 'any game that was made after Mikami left isn't canon')
          Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm afraid I've lost my passion for the series to the point where I don't care what's canon or not. All my favorite characters are dead anyway..
          sigpic

Comment

Definitely seems that way. The emphasis on teamwork is clear in the trailers and interviews. Sigh, bad times to be an asocial gamer..

Ah, that's interesting. I'm a big fan of "what if's". Always reminds me of the awesome, old-school Marvel "what if?" comics.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm afraid I've lost my passion for the series to the point where I don't care what's canon or not. All my favorite characters are dead anyway..
            which characters are those exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
              which characters are those exactly?
              Alfred Ashford, Albert Wesker and Jack Krauser.
              sigpic

Comment

Good trailer but animation needs more work, a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
                  Good trailer but animation needs more work, a lot.
                  QFT...

The run animations are terrible. They just ice skate all over the damn ground. And the CGI cutscene at the beginning was off too. Leon's Jeep was practically speeding and then just came to a full on stop. And his movement....I don't know if it was editing or just really bad animation. And WTF with the character voices! Terrible Russian accents...

The game looks interesting.....but I don't know.

Comment

And the golden question, how is Claire???

Comment

Unless Leon had prior knowledge of Umbrella before entering the city, that Umbrella was aware that he had, there is ZERO reason for the USS team to make Leon the main target. That is what was so lame about the trailer, as I was watching it.

Leon, rookie cop, first day on the job, automatically the main target. So lame.

It's almost like they are playing on the fact that we know about the future, and are using that to make Leon important. Unless the USS team are time travelers and see what Leon did in RE4 and DSC, there is no reason why Leon is the main target.

I really hope they explain this. Because I have a feeling that they have no intention of doing that.

Someone should get this question to them in an interview.
                      Last edited by RetroRain; 04-12-2011, 11:34 PM.
                      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Well, they do say that ALL the RPD officers are to be killed on sight. I get the feeling from the trailer that they hunt Leon quite a bit, and that's why it becomes kinda personal with him. Except for that interview that says, no, actually, they're not making this some Alternative Reality thing...so Leon should never see this lot.

Comment

I was just glad to see Spoiler:
                          Last edited by REmaster; 04-13-2011, 02:14 AM.
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I'm not too impressed with what I"m seeing here. Its not bad, but its really a big "What If?' reboot game.

Also, Bertha needs to die. I"m sorry the thick Russian accent is really painful to listen too, it borderlines on hilarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                              I'm not too impressed with what I"m seeing here. Its not bad, but its really a big "What If?' reboot game.

Also, Bertha needs to die. I"m sorry the thick Russian accent is really painful to listen too, it borderlines on hilarity.
                              I agree the accent is a bit much, and her costume makes it seem as though she belongs in a Hostel/Saw movie.
                              Last edited by REmaster; 04-13-2011, 02:29 AM.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                              X