More on "Killing Leon Kennedy" Mission In RE Operation Raccoon City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on "Killing Leon Kennedy" Mission In RE Operation Raccoon City

It seems some slight details have emerged regarding the "Kill Leon Kennedy" objective in Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City.

According to Siliconera, killing Leon Kennedy is actually part of a mission. The actual mission tasked to the players is actually to eliminate all Raccoon City police officers, and Leon Kennedy just happened to be one of them.

While the Umbrella Security Service’s primary goal is to get rid of any evidence of a virus outbreak in Raccoon City, the Spec-Ops unit has the opposite goal: to secure evidence and expose Umbrella.

Siliconera - The “Kill Leon Kennedy” Part Of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Could have guessed this from the "Kill all RPD officers" line.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

They're really hyping this kill Leon thing, aren't they? I hope we get to kill more characters than just Leon.. *evil cackle*
      Last edited by PracticalAl; 04-14-2011, 08:59 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe they're catering to all the folks who hated Leon in RE4.
        See you in hell.

Comment

I couldn't care less if the game turns out to be bad now; anything where killing Leon isn't just something you do for fun but actually part of the mission is ok in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
            Maybe they're catering to all the folks who hated Leon in RE4.
            Possible. But wouldn't we technically be killing "RE2 Leon"?
            sigpic

Comment

If you kill RE2 Leon, RE4 Leon won't exist.

Oh man. Time paradox at it's best. LOL.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

So...does this mean we get to kill Kevin too? =D

Comment

God bless it, I don't want to kill Leon! Rather, I want the ability to play as Leon!

I guess this is a special nod to all of the sickly fanboys around here...

Leon will have his revenge! Or not.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post

Of course.. of course!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post

And so we have unearthed the real agenda of the U.S.S squad in Raccoon City.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

Was this really worth a news post? All Siliconera did was point out the line in the trailer, which anyone who has seen the trailer would have already picked up on anyway.

Comment

Judging by the skyline when Leon drives in, wouldn't he have been able to see that the city was literally burning?

At the point in time where Delta team (which I'm assuming is the new Delta seeing how they were wiped out in RE0) enters Raccoon City, there weren't many police left anyway. Is this more of a mop-up mission?

Comment

Hmm...a bunch of Mass Produced T-103 which go out of control and do not discriminate
                            whether you're a friend or foe.

I guess that explains why you see so many dead ones at the end of RE3 that fight -insert-
                            special forces according to the report before we get to fight Nemesis' last form.

---------
                            Get ready to hate this...

This is already RE4 leon if you put this game into canon...he's so the super -cool & collected- agent that he hides the fact that he gets hunted by
                            special forces on what may be several occasions from Claire/Sherry/Ada if you try to put this game in the RE2 canon....but doesn't mention it in the
                            original game... xD

After one of many assaults, Claire asks.

Claire: "What was that!?"
                            ...*Leon comes where Claire is* Leon says

Leon: "Oh nothing... just a zombie crow that needed to be disposed off'
                            ...*Special force soldier dead in the distance with a knife to the head*...Claire then replies

Claire: "Oh...oook, it sounded like what attacked youwas a normal person intending to kill yo---
                            *Leon interrupts*

Leon: "Nope"
                            *Sound of machine guns blasting through the streets and screams blaze through the night*

Claire: "Uhhh...let's just get going." *So not believing what he's saying but decides to go along with it*

Leon: "Yeppp...You're imagining things"

*RE2 Scenario B Credit song starts playing*

-Fan-fic ends-

What other training could Leon ever need prior to RE4 when he faces these unfortunate events?...the agent training he got seems like a walk in the
                            park after this game if it were canon. xD
                            Last edited by Kaneco; 04-15-2011, 12:13 AM. Reason: Added terrible fan-fic.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
                              Hmm...a bunch of Mass Produced T-103 which go out of control and do not discriminate
                              whether you're a friend or foe.

I guess that explains why you see so many dead ones at the end of RE3 that fight -insert-
                              special forces according to the report before we get to fight Nemesis' last form.
                              I am so hoping that we get to see that battle in this game. If we were able to play as the SPEC-OPS team, I would love to play that battle, and then get to the hospital, where it looks like the rest of the died.

Comment

Working...
                              X