Art Commissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art Commissions

Hey guys!I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I'm a bit nervous, but here goes! If anyone here is interested in art commissions, I'll be starting them up again. When I was on DeviantART I ran commissions for about a year, so I've had experience doing them. It was a very pleasant experience!

---------------------------------------------------------------

----ARTWORK----

My art style is "cartoony" for the most part. (You could describe it as "chibi", but I really hate that term.) You can visit my DeviantART page and have a look at my gallery for examples. Naturally, I recommend the most recent art for the best example. My older art is.. well.. old. DeviantART has a mature filter for non-members, sorry about that.

- My DeviantART (http://practicalal.deviantart.com)
    - My DeviantART Gallery (http://practicalal.deviantart.com/gallery/)

I'll leave a few samples here as well.
    (Click the pictures for the full image)

(Click for the full comic)
    The style in this comic is the one I'm most comfortable with. You can commission comics if you choose.
    But be noted that the price will differ and they generally take longer than regular commissions.

(Click for the full image)
    Commission of Heather from Silent Hill 3; done in "cartoony" style. This is the average commission.
    They can take anywhere from 4 days to a week depending on the subject.

(Click for the full image)
    I'm not limited to "cartoony" or even people. I'm flexible with my style.

----RULES----

I only have a few guidelines. I'm not picky!

- NO yaoi, yuri, or incest.
    - NO X-rated material of any sort.
    - NO anti-Christian material.

I don't mind violence or gore! In fact, I welcome it. (Fun stuff to draw. )
    I'm completely fine with original art, fan-art and even fan-characters.

----ORDERING----

When requesting a commission, please be sure to have picture references handy for the subject of the commission. If you cannot provide a image, a detailed description will work as well. Though, pictures make the work easier and quicker.

----PAYMENT----

- At the moment, I can only take payment via PayPal. My PayPal account is located at "PracticalAl@yahoo.com"

- My artwork is digital only! (Adobe Photoshop) I will not be mailing any physical copies of artwork.

- I work on a full payment first, -then- artwork basis. But I'll be happy to send you progress shots as I'm working along. Un-layered PSD files are available on request.

- I work on a first come; first serve basis! I will only begin work on a secondary commission when the first is completely finished. No multitasking for me, sorry!

----PRICING----

My current price is $5.46 for a single character picture. (See the Heather picture above for an example.) This includes one character and a simple background. Each additional character is an extra $5.00. Any other extras such as intricate backgrounds or miscellaneous details can be discussed personally.

----CONTACT----

If you're interested, please private message me here at The Horror Is Alive Forums. Do NOT e-mail me at PracticalAl@yahoo.com or contact me at DeviantART. I do not use those two addresses!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading this! I know times are tough and money is short. I'm not expecting alot of business, or any at all maybe (Ha-ha!) -But for those who do, you have my utmost gratitude and appreciation! I look forward to working with you! Any questions or comments can be posted here or by private message!

God bless!
    ~PracticalAl
    Last edited by PracticalAl; 06-08-2011, 08:36 AM.
    sigpic

Might have to take you up on this at some point.

See you in hell.

Comment

I already am.

Comment

For sure, I'm a comic book writer and while I've published a few in the local comic book stores, it's nothing I was really into. I'm working on my own book at the moment, so a cute cover by you would be nice I'll let ya know in the weeks to come.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

YES! I HAVE A LOT OF EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW.

Sent you a pm :3

Comment

What happened to that Code Veronica game you were working on?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
              Might have to take you up on this at some point.

Thank you! I'll be doing this for awhile, hopefully!

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              I already am.
              I have received your private message and wrote you back! Again, thank you!

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
              For sure, I'm a comic book writer and while I've published a few in the local comic book stores, it's nothing I was really into. I'm working on my own book at the moment, so a cute cover by you would be nice I'll let ya know in the weeks to come.
              Wow, that is awesome! I work on comic books myself, but nothing ever good enough to be published, ha-ha! Thank you for your interest! I'd love to do a cover for you!

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
              YES! I HAVE A LOT OF EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW.

Sent you a pm :3
              I've received it, thank you!

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
              What happened to that Code Veronica game you were working on?
              Right around the time I was working on it, Darkside Chronicles was announced. And for some reason, it made me lose motivation?.. I still have all the files, though. I could pick it up at any time. (Very, very time consuming..) My demo was only 33% of what I had done. I'd like to release the rest of what I had made someday! Or perhaps make the file available to anyone who has RPG Maker XP and would like to mess with it.
              sigpic

Comment

I'll definitely look into a commission. I've always been a fan of your stuff.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                  Thank you! I'll be doing this for awhile, hopefully!
                  Wow, that is awesome! I work on comic books myself, but nothing ever good enough to be published, ha-ha! Thank you for your interest! I'd love to do a cover for you!

Ha, you're a great artist and could totally publish something. You'd be amazed at the crap I see published on the shelves everyday lol.
                  Last edited by REmaster; 04-21-2011, 02:13 AM.
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                  Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Bertha View Post
                    I'll definitely look into a commission. I've always been a fan of your stuff.
                    Why, thank you! That means alot to me! <3

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                    Ha, you're a great artist and could totally publish something. You'd be amazed at the crap I see published on the shelves everyday lol.
                    Ah, thank you. I appreciate that! I know what you mean. I just recently visited a comic book store and I was looking at some of the indie, lesser-known comics.. -And how should I put it? There were some.. "interesting" art styles..
                    sigpic

Comment

Just got my piece - the delay was entirely my fault, given I had PayPal issues when my card went missing. Just wanted to say I'm very happy with the finished piece (and the various 'in progress' images I got along the way) and fully intend to send some more work Al's way.

Comment

What do you mean by "When I was on DeviantART" and "I do not use those two addresses!". You're no longer post your stuff on DA? D:
                        Is there a new place where one can see your work, because I love your style and your kind of humor and wondered, why haven't you post anything on DA lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                          What do you mean by "When I was on DeviantART" and "I do not use those two addresses!". You're no longer post your stuff on DA? D: Is there a new place where one can see your work, because I love your style and your kind of humor and wondered, why haven't you post anything on DA lately.
                          Aw, I'm sorry. I'm no longer on DA, and at the moment my art isn't being uploaded anywhere. I spent a good two years taking a break from my original work to draw RE stuff, so naturally after awhile I wanted to go back to my own projects. Thanks alot for your interest, though! It makes me very happy to know you enjoyed my work and humor! RE is no longer my muse, but maybe something will ignite it again. I've always thought it'd be cool if THIA had a fanart spotlight or a weekly/monthly comic. I'd love to do something like that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X