No announcement yet.

The War on Horror has Begun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just continues a very long line of bad promotional concepts for Capcom Europe stretching back to 2002, so I'm not at all surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca View Post
      By the way, am I the only one who thinks the female newscaster actually resembles one of our dear mods, Alexia Ashford?
      Similar haircut...I suppose Alexia might look like that, a decade or two down the lin.

Comment

I remember that 15th anniversary trailer mentioned something like "the war on horror has just begun" and I stopped and thought "What the fuck is that even meant to mean?"
        Now I know (or do I even?!?!).
        Spoiler:

Ad was a bit kitsch. The only thing I'd criticise is that it takes a long time to show what game it's promoting. Of course people who frequent this site will know, but if you have no idea what it's advertising, people might not make it to the last 2-3 seconds with the name card. Whether it's good or interesting or humorous is kind of a moot point. What matters is that people remember the ad and associate the product. And I think this ad may fall a bit flat there.

Who knows. We'll see.
        sigpic

Comment

It uses gameplay footage in the middle of the ad too, big no no for this type of advert and kills atmosphere. At least tag it on the end or something. I still like the Romero advert best and that RE2 ad that aired in the UK (just for nostalgic reasons!). Also as said before "war on horror" sucks completely, it just doesn't work like war on terror does..

Comment

This was the most terrible thing I have ever seen

Comment

I need to ask, why where they british news readers? Was that ment to not be in the US?

Comment

Good question. Also yeah, that female newscaster does look like THIA's very own Alexia Ashford.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Seems we have a bunch of marketing experts on this forum.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I don't know marketing, but I know what I like.

Comment

Wow. That was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                        Seeing as we(gamers) are their target audience and the majority of the people commenting in this thread seem to dislike it, it doesn't take a marketing major to see what's effective and what's not. RE has always been campy and cheesy but this was just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
                          Seeing as we(gamers) are their target audience and the majority of the people commenting in this thread seem to dislike it, it doesn't take a marketing major to see what's effective and what's not. RE has always been campy and cheesy but this was just dumb.

People whining on forums happens to the best of things. If we are to believe some forum people RE5 is the worst thing to be created ever in the history of man, well it is the biggest selling RE release yet.

Capcom - 1
                          Forum people - 0

The ad isn't even targeted at you or anyone on this forum anyway, they do not need advertise to get our attention on a product.
                          Last edited by Dracarys; 05-11-2011, 02:30 PM.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

my thoughts on how tihs ad could have worked.

1. live action actors playing the roles of the characters and enemies

2. a 3rd area depicting the spanish area which we know will be in mercenaries

3. fuck it still sucked

Comment

I'm still just bitter that this is being made for a handheld and not consoles. I love Mercenaries in RE5, I've probably put as many hours into that as I have some FPS games out there. I don't want to buy a $250 gimmicky handheld to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                                Fair point. Let's never discuss video games again, for fear of looking like video game experts too yeah?

Comment

Working...
                                X