The War on Horror has Begun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
    Seems we have a bunch of marketing experts on this forum.
    Well I do know a thing or two about advertising. I'm studying a minor on it, so I could tell you that this ad isn't really that good, judging by the comments from the guys here (which are pretty much the target audience) are clearly not positive, so the ad isn't really working (unless that's the idea, to create a bad image for your game ).

You don't have to be an expert to figure that out, it's just common sense.

To tell you the truth, I don't think it's a bad idea, the execution is what's wrong.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
      Well I do know a thing or two about advertising. I'm studying a minor on it, so I could tell you that this ad isn't really that good, judging by the comments from the guys here (which are pretty much the target audience)
      We are not the target audience, Capcom does not need advertise this product to us.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I didn't mind it so much. It was meant to be cheesy in a B movie way. But I can see why most would dislike it.

Comment

People whining on forums happens to the best of things. If we are to believe some forum people RE5 is the worst thing to be created ever in the history of man, well it is the biggest selling RE release yet.
          Only because of brand name recognition and pretty graphics. Nothing more.
          Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-11-2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I gotta say it was kinda stupid but the ending was freackin funny!!!X3

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
              Only because of brand name recognition and pretty graphics. Nothing more.
              *Yawn*, do you ever get bored of spouting this nonsense everytime RE5s sales are brought up, always ignoring the replies that explain why you are wrong?

Comment

*Yawn*, do you ever get bored of spouting this nonsense everytime RE5s sales are brought up, always ignoring the replies that explain why you are wrong?
                The series had 12 years of name recognition to build itself up to the point its at now. If it says 'Resident Evil' on it, it will sell. The movies have proved that, the merchandise has proven that, and its just basic marketing in general.

The 5th game just happen to be released when the series was at the height of its recognition, thats why it sold so well.

Just because something is the best selling of a series doesn't mean its the best in the series.

Comment

LOL Does anyone else think maybe Paul W.S. Anderson was behind this tralier? haha It has his "tallent" all over it. God I hate him haha XD

Comment

Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
                    LOL Does anyone else think maybe Paul W.S. Anderson was behind this tralier? haha It has his "tallent" all over it. God I hate him haha XD
                    I love you ...SO MUCH right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                      I love you ...SO MUCH right now.
                      Umm ok.. why exactly? ? I can't tell sarcasm

Comment

Was semi Sarcasm. I share your opinion on Anderson.

Comment

I thought it was just a goofy ad, I didn't think it tried to do anything to hard.

That's just me, then again I'm still mad we didn't get those cool RE2 Ads, that Romero directed.

Comment

We are not the target audience, Capcom does not need advertise this product to us.
                            Nor should they advertise this to their target audience if this is the kind of crap they're putting out.
                            Last edited by RetroRain; 05-11-2011, 11:06 PM.
                            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Really? I mean, most people here are because of GAMES. The target are GAMERS. Or you haven't played a game/console ever? Then why the hell are you on a VIDEOGAME forum? We can be more specific and do a segmentation by age, education, income, gender, etc. ; but in a general view we are part of the target.

Fans *might* not be considered because we are supposed to be loyal to the brand, with that I could agree... I have my doubts though, looking at the reaction from us, the fans, to newer titles. Capcom is losing adepts and winning new ones, but it's better if you can keep both old and new fans loyal to your brand for a bigger market share.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                                Really? I mean, most people here are because of GAMES. The target are GAMERS. Or you haven't played a game/console ever? Then why the hell are you on a VIDEOGAME forum? We can be more specific and do a segmentation by age, education, income, gender, etc. ; but in a general view we are part of the target.

Fans *might* not be considered because we are supposed to be loyal to the brand, with that I could agree... I have my doubts though, looking at the reaction from us, the fans, to newer titles. Capcom is losing adepts and winning new ones, but it's better if you can keep both old and new fans loyal to your brand for a bigger market share.
                                Put it this way, this advert has not affected my decision about this game at all, I seriously doubt it has anyone here. We know what the game is about already, most of us have probably seen the game footage used in it already.

It isn't intended for us. It is for people oblivious to the game currently.

Comment

Working...
                                X