Milla Jovovich's Twitter Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    And there is the problem, because you guys just settle for less and continue watching these films the rest of us get stuck with them too. Don't watch it you say? That solution don't really work anymore in 2011, not to be snide when I say that either.

I'm gonna get hit by all the same ad's trailers, and stuff like the rest of you only I don't want to see it. Yes, thats the advertising teams fault for putting it up everywhere, right? Nope.

The core problem now is still the same problem it was ten years ago: What kind of stupid fucker turned the 'Survival Horror' concept into 'The Matrix with zombies and every action movie cliche you can think of?'

The same guy who is still in charge of the film series, that is still continuing because people like you don't really seem to care what comes out just as long as its loosely related to the video game series and called 'Resident Evil'.

Is that a problem? To me yes, to most people no.

But you know what the real problem is?

That the only chance that folks like me have for the series to actually have anything to do with the games and maybe be a decent film(much less get this cock sucker and his away away from this series) is for people like you to stop watching them when they come out and accepting mediocrity.

You're right though, in the end I cant tell you what to see or what not to see, but I can tell you my thoughts, no matter how brazen or iffy they are.

So here is another thought from me, based on what you said initially and what I should have said initially instead of 'You suck'. I apologize for that, even though what you said still drives me up the wall.

This is what you said:

It may not be survival horror or anything, but even if its remotely related to Resident Evil in ANY way, I'll definitely watch it =D

This is what I should have said:

So if there was a 90 minute film called 'Resident Evil' that was about a flying dog going around and saving people from a mind control device that was created by the Umbrella corporation, would you still watch it? The dog has a side kick, an 18 year old cheerleader who stares at the camera like a zombie, but she's only slightly good looking.

So would you still watch it if the film was as silly as what I just wrote?
    I dont think I will, main reason I watched it was down to the zombies, and yeah I agree, the movies are ruined, eitherway, I wont argue a pointless arguement anymore, and there is no need to be swearing dude, calm down lol. I understand how it drives you up the wall and I apologize for that

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
      This is what I should have said:

So if there was a 90 minute film called 'Resident Evil' that was about a flying dog going around and saving people from a mind control device that was created by the Umbrella corporation, would you still watch it? The dog has a side kick, an 18 year old cheerleader who stares at the camera like a zombie, but she's only slightly good looking.

So would you still watch it if the film was as silly as what I just wrote?

That actually sounds so bad it's good.

Comment

Remember, lesser beings, liking, dislking, hating the movies...all personal opinion. Despite the negative wrap the things get on sites like this, those movies make more money than most of us will ever see in a lifetime, and that means there are enough people who at least enjoy if not actively love the things enough to make them financially succesful.

We find pleasure where we find it. Some find it watching the movies. Some find it being chained up and whipped. Some find it will grinding the very souls of there enemies in a Lovecraftian machine forged of hate and rage. No need to be judgemental of others happy times.

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
          That actually sounds so bad it's good.
          Sorry its copy written already. Disney beat me too it.

Comment

I can't wait. Yes, Wrathborne, call me a heathen or whatever. Yes, Smiley, I am a fan of the movies. And I've been there since '96.

Like Darkmoon said, it's all opinion. I like the movies, you don't. No reason to bully because you think you're on the moral high ground.

Please no more "holier than thou" attitude. I'll give my money to see this movie, and if you let something like that ruin your day, then I envy you if that's the worst you have to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
              I can't wait. Yes, Wrathborne, call me a heathen or whatever. Yes, Smiley, I am a fan of the movies. And I've been there since '96.

Like Darkmoon said, it's all opinion. I like the movies, you don't. No reason to bully because you think you're on the moral high ground.

Please no more "holier than thou" attitude. I'll give my money to see this movie, and if you let something like that ruin your day, then I envy you if that's the worst you have to worry about.
              Most sensible post in this thread yet, I couldn't agree more.

Comment

The movies are fun. I just have to seperate them from the games and think of them as just a silly storyline some child wrote. Yes, they aren't the best of movies (not the worst either); but sometimes you don't need a grade "A" film to say you enjoy/like it.

I just try to stay away from the special features where everyone says they are huge fans of the games and can't wait for the fan reaction.

Comment

Glad this ain't another Hollywood reboot with this franchise, because they need to show you Jill against Alice but as a villain. Cannot leave one story unfinished, eh? I kinda laughed when Milla said it began 10 years ago, because RE started in 1995.

Comment

She was talking about the movies, they began in 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                      Why this keeps going? Who says "we need another RE movie"? Are they mad, do they hate the RE and its fans?

Thank god it's going to be the last, it has to be.
                      Crossing my fingers....But we all thought that when the 4th movie came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                        I'm calling your bluff because I always figured you as clever and strong-minded. Lakes and rivers dried up my ass. But hey, thanks for the chuckle. Had me fooled for a millisecond.

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
                          The movies are fun. I just have to seperate them from the games and think of them as just a silly storyline some child wrote. Yes, they aren't the best of movies (not the worst either); but sometimes you don't need a grade "A" film to say you enjoy/like it.
                          Is this what you tell yourself every time you walk into 'Epic Movie' or 'Twilight'? Because if I had to cut ties to the source material, shut my brain off and tell myself everynight before I sleep that this was but the work of a fourth grader..... I'd have a lot less respect for the entertainment industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                            I'm calling your bluff because I always figured you as clever and strong-minded. Lakes and rivers dried up my ass. But hey, thanks for the chuckle. Had me fooled for a millisecond.
                            Oh yes, Smiley, you caught me, the big nasty troll that I am trying to stir up shit.

Get a goddamn grip.

Glad you think of me that way, but yeah. I know, I'm a straight up monstrosity. Liking the games and the movies! Good God man, I've disrupted the Force! Oh shameful days, end of time, why, God, WHY!

Seriously. Like I said, if this is what ruins an otherwise normal day for you, then I really, really would like your life because it seems like you don't have a care in the world.
                            Last edited by Canas Renvall; 05-16-2011, 10:20 PM.

Comment

You're good. But I know better than that. There's no possible way you (or anyone really) could like these movies and argue it with a straight face as though they were.....serious about it.

I mean gopher zombies. Or rather what Paul Anderson refers to as 'Majini'.

Yeah.... find a better way to seem convincing.

Comment

If the dude says he's a fan, then you might as well believe him. Yeesh. You people are so damned judgemental sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X