Milla Jovovich's Twitter Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you are an old fan and a fool!
    Last edited by Smiley; 05-17-2011, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      If the dude says he's a fan, then you might as well believe him. Yeesh. You people are so damned judgemental sometimes.
      Well, its hard not to be judgmental about the films. They don't try to be anything but bits and pieces from other better films, they have nothing to say on their own and are just popcorn entertainment. Which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't prove that people don't care what they see as long as there's more of it and its loosely related to a popular concept.

Not everyone shares the same opinion of the films, but its just a real annoyance to hear from people who love the games that they love the movies just as much, even though the films have as little to do with the games as possible.

A guy like me has a hard time just piecing this concept together, because to me the games and films are on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

but then again I am a very opinionated bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
        And you are an old fan and a fool!
        For believing people can like things I don't? No, I think you'll find I'm just crazy. Crazy like a fox!

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
        Well, its hard not to be judgmental about the films. They don't try to be anything but bits and pieces from other better films, they have nothing to say on their own and are just popcorn entertainment. Which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't prove that people don't care what they see as long as there's more of it and its loosely related to a popular concept.

Not everyone shares the same opinion of the films, but its just a real annoyance to hear from people who love the games that they love the movies just as much, even though the films have as little to do with the games as possible.

A guy like me has a hard time just piecing this concept together, because to me the games and films are on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

but then again I am a very opinionated bastard.
        I don't understand why anyone would like the movies. Bad script, badly though out plot, poor characterisation...for my money, and I refuse to give them my money, it's just a bad movie series.

But I also don't like rap music, seafood, the Jeremy Kyle show, the Evening News, Reality TV Shows, FPS games, Sports Games, Sports At All, Country Western Music, Westerns, Subbed Anime and movies...and a ton of other stuff. I cannot understand why people do enjoy some of those things, either. The Jeremy Kyle show is a hideous mess showcasing the worst of humanity fighting for your amusement. Rap music seems to be about pistol whipping woman whil rubbing your friends groin with hundred dollar bills you got from selling drugs to kids. Etc

Different strokes, different folks. I'm big enough and old enough to accept others like different stuff.

Comment

You're good. But I know better than that. There's no possible way you (or anyone really) could like these movies and argue it with a straight face as though they were.....serious about it.

I mean gopher zombies. Or rather what Paul Anderson refers to as 'Majini'.

Yeah.... find a better way to seem convincing.
          Alright, let me rephrase then. Your opinion doesn't matter to me so I really don't care if you believe me or not. I know what I like and that's what I care about. But by all means, continue your holy crusade to purge the sinners. XP

Comment

Is this what you tell yourself every time you walk into 'Epic Movie' or 'Twilight'? Because if I had to cut ties to the source material, shut my brain off and tell myself everynight before I sleep that this was but the work of a fourth grader..... I'd have a lot less respect for the entertainment industry.
            I didn't just do it over night. In fact I was quite pissed off for a long time, but have since learned to deal with it. For at least those films, and a few others.

I've never seen the movies you mentioned, nor will I, as what I have seen I can tell it's got little to no value for me. Just because I said that about a couple films doesn't mean you can do it with every film. But I like you assumption that I said I do. I merely said that you can.

Comment

I promise you! This is all just a charade. A stunt you guys are pulling to play one on the ol' Smilers.

You seriously mean to tell me that you're completely fine with Nicholai being a happy-go-lucky young fellow that bites the dust from a couple pooches? Blasphemy! No one can possibly support such piss poor decisions.

If you really mean it then I'm the king of the world. Hell I'm God if you're seriously suggesting that kind of nonsense be real.

Comment

^ And with that I realize I've successfully fed a troll. Well played, Smiley.

Give me all the infractions you want, mods, but I really just had to point it out.

Comment

Nah dude. If anyone's the troll I'm afraid it's you. Trying to bait people by insisting that Milla's gorilla nipples pass off as quality entertainment.

Comment

Enough. Unless you have something contructive to add, that doesn't involve riddiculing others for a different opinion, don't post.

Comment

I never said I was completely fine with it. It took me awhile to stop being pissed off about the movies I got and at least try to enjoy what I can out of them. Which is to say a cheese ball action film that is fairly stupid.

Now I will say that Afterlife is utter garbage, nothing I can do makes that enjoyable in the least.

But I don't think it matters what I say, you made your opinion of me and thus will not change it.

Comment

Who says opinions can't be changed? I beg to differ.

As a matter of fact I bet before the end of this topic that you can change my opinion in five words or less or I to you. You just have to give some thought into the 'how' or 'why' of your stance.

You ready to give it a shot? I guarantee it won't take too much of your time. Just less than five words. When you're ready you may begin and then I will follow through afterward.

Comment

As a matter of fact I bet before the end of this topic that you can change my opinion in five words or less or I to you. You just have to give some thought into the 'how' or 'why' of your stance.

You ready to give it a shot? I guarantee it won't take too much of your time. Just less than five words. When you're ready you may begin and then I will follow through afterward.
                          5 words: Human beings never makes sense

and it applies to everything about us in this world

Comment

I find all of the movies entertaining, I have watched all of them, will continue to watch them and I have been a fan since the very first game came out and my all time favourite is Resi 2, closely followed by 3. And I might point out that I don't care what anyone else thinks about that either. It's my money, my time, and if I want to watch them, I will. I hope he keeps making more. They obviously generate enough interest to carry on with the series.

And no, I don't like them because they're "scary". I like them because they're entertaining and funny. Most of my entertainment with them comes from sharing it with someone I care about (Gareth or parents), sitting with some food and laughing to the "trollalololol" moments. Don't tell me that all of you need everything to be deadly serious to be entertaining, otherwise Deadly Premonition wouldn't have done so well. Or Twin Peaks. It's tongue-in-cheek.
                            Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 05-18-2011, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                              Don't tell me that all of you need everything to be deadly serious to be entertaining, otherwise Deadly Premonition wouldn't have done so well. Or Twin Peaks. It's tongue-in-cheek.
                              Well, the films sure as hell present themselves as serious, but I won't get into that. Different strokes, as others have said. Though I would argue that Deadly Premonition didn't do so well, nor even as a cult hit. Plus, it isn't anything without Twin Peaks.

See, that's just hubris. In terms of media, people argue to offer perspectives, in the hopes that people will at least take them into account. I don't see how that necessarily can or will make them enjoy their tastes less or not at all.
                              Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 05-18-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
                                5 words: Human beings never makes sense

and it applies to everything about us in this world
                                How can I top that?

Comment

Working...
                                X