Milla Jovovich's Twitter Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
    Well, the films sure as hell present themselves as serious, but I won't get into that.
    Which only makes it funnier. You know, the end of the world but she's flying in a plane with a close up of her face, which reveals she has had time to put make up and lippy on plus dye her hair brown.

Though I would argue that Deadly Premonition didn't do so well, nor even as a cult hit.
    It did great. What other game do you know that scored 2/10 in one review, and 10/10 in another? It sold a lot better than people thought it would and has gained a cult following. I loved it before I'd even started watching TP.
    Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 05-18-2011, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Speaking of Milla tweets I'm super pumped for the next batch she threw in for us. Whether you agree with her or not (or if your perception of the films differ in any way) I leave in your hands:

::Courtesy of Milla posted in no special order::

@BanjoPL OMG! Paul has such a grt idea 4 the nxt RE film and there will b a HUGE surprise abt the origin of Alice!

@miki_belmonte c, I think when alice was blonde, she wasn't a natural blonde, she was more sophisticated when she wrked 4 umbrella, so the dark hair is how its grown out over the past few yrs of the apocalypse.

@nickizheretweet paul is still writing the script, but he's got the story down. Its gonna b CRAZY! N fans r gonna luv who we bring back! As well as new characters n the zombies r goin 2 the nxt level!!!!

@CJBergeron awww! Andrew can hate me all he wants, but its ppl like him that c the movies 10 times AND by the dvd's to REALLY b able 2 tell us what they hate! Lol! They're our bst customers!

Can't speak for this Andrew, but she's making a collector of all things RE like yours truly feel ashamed of himself.

@AndrewsCosta well, she did a "super jump" in the 1st film cause she's a trained umbrella operative. And the plane didn't crash, it jst had a... Rough landing! Lol!

there is NO franchise wout our movies n when a film makes 290+mill worlwide, I think we know better than u what the fans want.

@TobbeTiger lolol! Well, I guess u 4got abt the 290+ mill the last RE made. So I guess the "fans" u're speaking of r kind of a minority!

jst 2 let the RE fans know, cause there's been a bunch of questions abt the nxt film, paul has kids that are proffessional players...

all they do is play the games till they master every level and unlock every code. they play the games for WEEKS and give paul the footage.

so he's literally watching days of the most awesome RE players out there to get inspiration 4 the nxt installment of the franchise.

she later followed with:

@dkwk36 paul has not only obsessively played all the games, but hires expert players to play for hours until they know everything abt it!

@dkwk36 he then watches the game for hours and hours, weeks and weeks... Lol! He's crazy abt the games!

i'm so sorry ppl, but aren't "hunters" big frogs?

@FrankRedfield well not really... he just doesn't think there's a big, awesome action scene that can be done w big frogs...

@youfeenmylife dude, i spent HOURS w my lil bro playing RE3 when we were younger,but i'm really busy n don't hve time 2 play vid games a lot

@Blackops410 awww! i'm sorry 2 rag on characters u love. i jst don't know if they can translate on film...

@MillaJovovich Regular Hunter: http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...vil/Hunter.png

that RT of the hunter looks pretty rad to me! but is it too "predatorish" and not enough straight up zombies?

@condittrich but thats the whole point! is it cool 2 do a kickass action scene w lizardy,froggy things that kind of remind me of "predator"?

My personal favorite btw as I was looking at this:

@AndrewsCosta andrew, I'm gonna b super honest. The RE games were not selling well, so the films opened up this world 2 A LOT of ppl around the world! After the success of RE, the games are back, stronger than ever! We can't pls every1, n even if I asked EVERY die hard RE fan what they wanted 2 c in the nxt film, they wld all kill eachother because even they wldnt b able 2 agree on what's more important, which characters shld b highlighted etc... But RE is a franchise now bcause paul n I blieved in it. Nobody else did. and you get 2 play more RE games bcause of that.
      Last edited by Smiley; 05-19-2011, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
        @AndrewsCosta andrew, I'm gonna b super honest. The RE games were not selling well, so the films opened up this world 2 A LOT of ppl around the world! After the success of RE, the games are back, stronger than ever! We can't pls every1, n even if I asked EVERY die hard RE fan what they wanted 2 c in the nxt film, they wld all kill eachother because even they wldnt b able 2 agree on what's more important, which characters shld b highlighted etc... But RE is a franchise now bcause paul n I blieved in it. Nobody else did. and you get 2 play more RE games bcause of that.
        LOL.

And yeah, nothing can compare to the almighty Resident Evil 2. I remember the day it was released like yesterday.

Comment

You see, Mila does make a very good point. But a lot of the fans from the series only see and hear this when they watch the films. For me I love them because of the complete cheese and laugh factor now.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
            But RE is a franchise now bcause paul n I blieved in it. Nobody else did. and you get 2 play more RE games bcause of that.
            Oh, she's so modest. Can't everyone see they are SAVING RESIDENT EVIL WITH THE MOVIES!?!?! SHE'S THE SAVIOUR OF THE FRANCHISE, SHE'S DOING BECAUSE SHE LOVES THE GAMES NOT BECAUSE OF ALL THE MONEY.

Yeah, that makes sense, the games are doing bad? Make movies out of them! That worked pretty well for Mortal Kombat, no wait... Dead or Alive, shit no... Mario, haha no... Street Fighter, lol wut?

You know a great way to make a games franchise to sell again? By making good games! Granted, the games were still good at the time but they were either exclusive to the Game Cube, the least selling console of the past generation, and the PS2 ones were spin-offs and general public doesn't care that much about them.

The circunstances were against the games at the time and yeah, some people got into the games because they saw the movies, but saying they're still making games because some kind of huge success as if every person who watched the movies bought the games is just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
              You see, Mila does make a very good point. But a lot of the fans from the series only see and hear this when they watch the films. For me I love them because of the complete cheese and laugh factor now.
              No she doesn't! REmake came around at the time of the first film's release, and that was a success both critically and commercially. RE0, which I would guess is attributed with burying the canon entries to make change necessary, sold just less than REmake, but still broke 1.2 mill. Oubreak sold more than that.

Resident Evil 4, the series' game-changer, was still in development independent of the making and/or success of the movies (regardless of the laser gag). Capcom were smart enough to overhaul the series at any hint that the formula stagnated.

Jovovich's misguided. Sure, the films were successful, but they hardly revitalized the series, which already had its own considerable audience.
              Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 05-19-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

she lost much respect from me. And she seems like she's making excuses for Paul about the "expert RE players"

And when the films came out, what was the state of Resi? I think REmake was just released right? and that sold fairly well.

They rescued RE....no, no they didn't.

Comment

n the zombies r goin 2 the nxt level!!!!
                  Rar-ting blood, the next level. She wouldn't know a zombie if it came up to her in a bar and bought her a drink.

Comment

In fairness, I wouldn't a zombie if it bought me a drink either. Pinned me to the round and tried to knaw on my jugular, sure...

And yeah, the idea that the movies saved the game is pretty entertaining. I'd even go so far as to say it's the other way around - the movies are only a success because they have the RE title, and would be considered C-list crap if they went under there own title.

Comment

They should go to a convention to promote their film, so the fans could have at them.

Comment

first in line
                        Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-20-2011, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                          first in line
                          I would be right behind you.

It would be so satisfying to rail into them.

Comment

If the games are so successful because of the films, why do the films keep trying (and failing) to borrow elements from the games?

As if Paul plays the games, and pays to have people play them for him.
                            Seriously; I would love so much for Paul WS Anderson to watch me play the game.
                            He wouldn't even have to pay me. I'd make him a video of me playing REmake start to finish, if I was certain he'd watch it with honest intent...

Twitter's all well and good to connect with an audience (infact it's a great way to do it), but if you're going to show contempt for your audience, you'd best not.
                            Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 05-20-2011, 06:27 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well when speaking to non-gamers, I found most were familiar with RE either from the films or "that one on the Playstation where the dogs jump out the window". It might have introduced the brand to some new people but I'm confident the game franchise would have done fine without it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                                He wouldn't even have to pay me. I'd make him a video of me playing REmake start to finish, if I was certain he'd watch it with honest intent...
                                He wouldn't. Not to be too much of a hater but I will be honest. Anderson is obviously a fan of the games, hes such a fan of them he writes these terrible multi-million dollar making fan fictions that have as little to do with them as possible.

Why? Two reasons:

One: Hollywood hates video games. They love that there is a medium out there that makes as much money as they do, but they hate that they aren't the ones making that money. Thats why when a video game film comes out it generally has as little to do with the source material as possible. Thats because Hollywood is all about the brand name.

They also pretty much do whatever they want with the brand name because they want their own product which shares the brand name to be 'different'. This is usually a studio thing rather than a director or writers choice.

And unfortunately Anderson is proof that this system works and also that people don't care what they watch as long as it has this brand name.

Two: Because the Matrix was more popular 9 years ago when he made the first film. You find more instances of Matrix scenes in these films than you do RE elements.

Now RE: Code V introduced some of these elements in the game when Wesker returned, so part of this is from the game...kind of.

Regardless this is a crutch that Anderson chooses to limp with instead of telling an interesting story. Anderson is obviously more of a fan of the Matrix than RE which sells in Hollywood so this is a horse he's beaten to death.

His intent is to make money, not tell a good story. Thats why its not really an honest intent, because an honest attempt would be putting more focus on the games universe, characters, and settings instead of sporadically taking bits and pieces from game 2, game 4, and game 5 and calling it 'Resident Evil:Revengstation" or whatever.

Sorry for the rambling post, continue the debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X