Barry Confirmed for Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    That is... quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So, going by his logic, I guess this means Claire and Jill won't be in ORC.

On the other hand, does this mean that Chris, Jill, and Wesker have officially been more overexposed than Leon? Hmmm.
    Dunno, Leon still has another movie coming.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

And yet he hasn't quite made it to the live action films (though Anderson suggests he might in the next one).

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
        yup and he'll meet Billy too

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
          I think you're forgetting that Chris, Jill, and Wesker appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Agito View Post
            Brilliant lol, Barry WHOO XD Is he going to be like an unlockable/downloadable character?

St
            Considering this is a Nintendo-based system, I say unlockable.

About Leon... I think they just want to avoid the character getting over-exposed. Like ppl mentioned here, he is the lead in that upcoming cgi flick and he's somewhat of a main draw in ORC. Plus he just was featured in Darkside Chronicles.

Oh, but didn't Kawata also said this as well?

Kawata: “Should the Mercenaries establish itself as a franchise as we hope, we’ll be looking into expanding the game through DLC, though of course we’d have to consult Nintendo regarding the specifics.”
            So Leon is still a possibility... Knowing Capcom, they want you to spend $$$ if you really want to play as the metrosexual superagent.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
              About Leon... I think they just want to avoid the character getting over-exposed. Like ppl mentioned here, he is the lead in that upcoming cgi flick and he's somewhat of a main draw in ORC. Plus he just was featured in Darkside Chronicles.
              I doubt that has anything to do with it. You could make the same argument about Chris, Jill, and Wesker. Even HUNK and Krauser, for that matter, though less so.

Comment

It's because they don't have a model ready for Leon.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                  I doubt that has anything to do with it. You could make the same argument about Chris, Jill, and Wesker. Even HUNK and Krauser, for that matter, though less so.
                  I don't think those characters are as overexposed as Leon, though.

I mean Leon was the poster child of the whole "RE change" deal that came with RE4. A game that made a lot of noise back in 2005 and that won every award worth winning and that was then ported to every gaming and non-gaming system on the planet. I think that alone, was one uber high profile gig for old blondie. Amiright?

That and starring in 1 movie (plus 1 more on the way) and at least 2 spin-off games... I don't think anyone else in the RE universe comes close to how Leon has been milked by Capcom recently.
                  sigpic

Comment

Leon isn't really that over exposed. I mean, let's take a peek...

Leon
                    RE2
                    RE4
                    RE: Gaiden
                    RE: DSC
                    RE Degeneration
                    RE The New Movie I Can't Be Bothered to Remember The Name of Right Now.
                    Possibly RE: ORC as a playable character, probably as a NPC

Chris
                    RE1
                    RE: CV
                    RE5
                    RE: UC
                    RE: Mercs
                    RE: Revelations
                    Possibly RE: The New Movie I Can't Be Bothered to Remember The Name of Right Now.

And that's not bothering with Marvel Vs Capcom or movie appearances. I'm even giving Leon Gaiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                      It's because they don't have a model ready for Leon.
                      Its because Bob Morton made a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        Leon isn't really that over exposed. I mean, let's take a peek...

Leon
                        RE2
                        RE4
                        RE: Gaiden
                        RE Degeneration
                        RE The New Movie I Can't Be Bothered to Remember The Name of Right Now.
                        Possibly RE: ORC as a playable character, probably as a NPC

Chris
                        RE1
                        RE: CV
                        RE5
                        RE: UC
                        RE: Mercs
                        RE: Revelations
                        Possibly RE: The New Movie I Can't Be Bothered to Remember The Name of Right Now.

And that's not bothering with Marvel Vs Capcom or movie appearances. I'm even giving Leon Gaiden.
                        No bro... what I was talking bout is how Leon has been overexposed RELATIVELY RECENTLY. And how he was the protag of the most high profile RE game in the franchise's history.

Look it... He was the face of the game that epitomized change in the RE world (that would be RE4). A game that was ported like hell in recent times.

Then he's the main protag of the first RE cgi movie (Claire? Pffft!). Is featured in two recent spin-off games and is set to again star in another cgi movie.

Those factors alone, make Leon the most overexposed character IMO.

However, I agree that Kawata's/Capcom's statement about Leon not being in Mercenaries 3D was lame-o.
                        sigpic

Comment

Chris is the most recent main game, and if I recall, the best selling. He's featured in the last five or so new releases...Umbrella Chronicles, RE5, Darkside Chronicles, RE Mercs and RE Revelations. He may well feature in the new movie. He's even a playable Character for Capcom Vs Marvel.

Comparatively, Leon was in RE4...but that game is about ten years old now. He was also in Degeneration as the main character (Claire, as you said, really doesn't get a look in) and DSC. Which was an awful rail shooter. He'll also be appearing in ORC, and mght not even be playable.

Chris has been in more games, more recently than Leon. I'm not a big fan of Leon, but of the three main characters (Leon, Chris and Jill) he's the least over saturated right now. Which means they should have a game starring Claire. Because we all want more Claire.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Chris is the most recent main game, and if I recall, the best selling. He's featured in the last five or so new releases...Umbrella Chronicles, RE5, Darkside Chronicles, RE Mercs and RE Revelations. He may well feature in the new movie. He's even a playable Character for Capcom Vs Marvel.

Comparatively, Leon was in RE4...but that game is about ten years old now. He was also in Degeneration as the main character (Claire, as you said, really doesn't get a look in) and DSC. Which was an awful rail shooter. He'll also be appearing in ORC, and mght not even be playable.

Chris has been in more games, more recently than Leon. I'm not a big fan of Leon, but of the three main characters (Leon, Chris and Jill) he's the least over saturated right now. Which means they should have a game starring Claire. Because we all want more Claire.
                            Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

First of all, RE4 was more relevant than RE5 regardless of sales. This because of the general praise this game got in the media - winning more awards than any RE in memory (something RE5 did not do) and more importantly, it was more relavant due to it's impact in the gaming industry. Not just with RE, but also with other franchises that were heavily inspired by RE4 (Dead Space anyone?).

Plus, if you were to add the amount of cash this game generated over the years (with all the versions and ports made of it), I think you would agree that it made a ton of cash.

And if Capcom can bundle up the sales of RE5 to claim it's the most sold RE in history, I guess they could do the same with RE4 sales. This by adding up the sales numbers of all the versions and ports available (plus the sales of the PS3/360 ports too!). But then the PR department in charge of milking RE5 wouldn't exactly love that idea. I mean, there is still money to be made out of RE5. I can already smell a port to the Wii 2 or even 3DS or NGP.

And RE4 is not really 10 years old. The game that everyone ended up playing just came out in 2005. The beta versions don't count. Not really. If they did, no one would bitch about not getting RE3.5 and stuff. Because the game we all got was quite different than that earlier version.

Now this is my opinion, but Chris doesn't have the charisma that Leon has. He doesn't polarize ppl as much as Leon does. Even people that hate Leon are not exactly happy that Capcom is leaving him out of Mercenaries 3D.

Then you got the movies (starring Leon) and spin-off games (with Leon being the main draw in terms of characters)... all this make me think Leon has been overexposed and I wouldn't mind not seeing more of him in any other game.

But yeah, ppl have a different view on this issue. And its fine.
                            Last edited by Pikminister; 05-26-2011, 10:24 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

To be honest, I'd love to see some NON-Resident Evil character unlocks and DLC added to the game. (Regina?)

Of course, I love seeing people getting their nuts in a twist over potentially unrevealed unlocks and stuff pre-release (again - as usual)

Comment

No matter how you try and stretch it, these are some pretty messy graphics. What the hell. What size are the textures? 120x120?
                                Last edited by News Bot; 05-26-2011, 04:07 PM.
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X