Resident Evil: Revelations Confirmed for E3 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: Revelations Confirmed for E3 2011

Resident Evil producer Masachika Kawata have shared some details with Official Nintendo Magazine regarding Resident Evil Revelations. According to Capcom, the demo packaged with Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D will be very short, but just enough to let the player have a feel of the game.

"The playable character will be Jill Valentine and the game takes place inside a cruise ship liner so she goes into the boat which is like a very eerie type of Resident Evil universe."
    He stated that you won't be able to find any clue to the plot in the short demo, but they have finished with the script and they are now full-on developing the game. He said that the title will be shown in the Nintendo booth at E3, and we will be learning more about the title at then.

Official Nintendo Magazine UK

Capcom have also offer an explanation on why Leon Scott Kennedy is not included in Mercenaries 3D, just right after Barry Burton filled in the last character roster of the title.

Gonintendo - Credit to PracticalAl
    Last edited by xfactor; 05-20-2011, 11:19 PM.

Is the same Revelations demo shown last year.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Yaay, I can't wait to play the demo, and glad they finished the script too . Thank you for the info ^^ and E3 2011 will be good too ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Masachika Kawata
        At the moment no, we haven't got any plan (for DLC). If the users want that we will endeavour to make it happen.
        So Leon pretty much will happen as DLC, so they can get an extra buck. Because they know people will want him... Fucking greedy Capcom indeed. That's the business, I guess.
        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 05-21-2011, 02:19 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

REREV is the official shortened name for the game according to that snippet discussing the demo. Sounds awesome.
          http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
          http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
          Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Whenever I see the words Resident Evil Revelation or Resident Evil Mercenaries my brain goes to sleep. Yet the opposite happens when I see Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City.

Comment

Yeah sure, Capcom has no DLC planned. Instead they have a new version of the game planned for release next year with tons of extra content.

Comment

We've already seen the whole Revelations demo, and since it looks like Capcom will probably release a "Complete" or "Gold" edition of Mercs 3D somewhere down the line, I think I'll wait to pick it up then.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
                  Yeah sure, Capcom has no DLC planned. Instead they have a new version of the game planned for release next year with tons of extra content.
                  "Next year, don't miss Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D Special Edition with a new gun AND two whole new character in the game, Leon and Ada. But wait, there's more, if you pre-order the game you get a new costume for Leon with his RPD uniform!

And don't forget to buy Resident Evil The Mercenaries Super Special Edition in 2013 with a whole new map!"

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I have a huge amount of doubt that RE: Mercs 3D will even sell 750,000 copies, let alone a mill. Thus, the only way we'll get Leon is through DLC, and there WONT be any expanded editions. Huge difference from a situation like MvsC3, where a lot of content wasn't developed because they thought it would sell on name alone, and they were right. The press around this had indicated that its just an effort to develop an RE title using MT Framework to test waters on the 3DS hardware. People own RE4 and 5, and right now the only reason to buy this is how they tweak enemies on different levels.
                    Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 05-21-2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I really hope that in the REREV (awesome btw) demo they comfirm the use of over the shoulder view.
                      Last edited by Vito; 05-21-2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                        I really hope that in the REREV (awesome btw) demo they comfirm the use of over the shoulder view.

they should do, it was in the gameplay demo that they showed right?

Comment

nope, they only showed the FPV.

EDIT: ah i meant for shooting.
                          Last edited by Vito; 05-21-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

nope, they only showed the FPV.

EDIT: ah i meant for shooting.
                            Ah, well it should have the same aim stance just like RE4 and RE5, it would be a bit odd, it they went back to their old routes, and guessing, harder for the younger generations? (I'm 18, so yeah, still young lol, I found the REmake on GC freakin difficult on easy mode o,O)

Comment

the wiki is saying that "The camera switches to a first-person perspective when aiming, during which the player will also be able to move the protagonist"

o,o thats so messed up. I seriously hope they don't do that...Someone needs to tell them to stop with that idea right there....To the bat mobile!

Comment

Working...
                              X