Preorder RE The Mercenaries From Capcom & Get Free 3DS Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    Well, there is a certain irony to the situation...Capcom sell something that's got a limited number, it sells well and quickly at least partially because it's limited, but because it sells well they decide to create more...
    Bingo. I bought it because it was limited, something that is all too rare in todays world. Doubling the number of them isn't only diluting the "limited" nature of things, but its also false advertising. "False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising."

Comment

Wow Capcom suckered another batch with their so-called exclusive/limited content? How unexpected!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        Becky's something like 32 now. Wow. That's depressing to think about.
        Then again, Barry should be much older looking by now.

Comment

Got the mail saying that number is limited to 1000. It will end up by being limited 10000 or so - funny and stupid action from capcom!

Comment

And like I already said, it will eventually go on sale separately after Mercs 3D is released.

Comment

Originally posted by BBboy20 View Post
              Then again, Barry should be much older looking by now.
              Barry should have a lot of silver by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                Wow Capcom suckered another batch with their so-called exclusive/limited content? How unexpected!
                Ooooor, perhaps it was simply a typo?

Can't get all this silly fuss for something that's even FREE.

Comment

Rod, meet the Resident Evil community...

Comment

No, its the principle of saying something is limited to x many copies, then going and doubling that. Is it a lot? No. If they were going to make up more, just call it Limited Edition and dont put a number on it, like they do with Halo games , so at least we KNOW it is not truly limited, because who doesn't see boat loads of Halo LE laying around? But putting a number on something, taking orders for it, then doubling it is false advertising, simple as that.

Comment

1000 copies is still fairly limited, isn't it?
                      Last edited by Mr. Rod; 05-27-2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

omg.....people really are bitching about this??

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                          Ooooor, perhaps it was simply a typo?

Can't get all this silly fuss for something that's even FREE.
                          Suuuuuuuure. ;>_> Typo. Convince those gamers that preordered that said limited content got less limited.

Comment

Less limited or not, is it really worth complaining about? 500 extra copies are going to make you cancel a preorder or make you feel you were "cheated"? It's just an extra for buying their game, chill out people. RE fans just take things like this way too seriously.

Comment

Is it worth complaining about you ask? My answer: About as much as making multiple posts defending it.

But hey, I only think it's more along the lines of "Typical Capcom". I know some people can buy this game anywhere and save the money it takes to get it off the Capcom store. If they're getting it there with the hopes of having that limited case and they discover it's hardly limited afterward.....well I get where they're coming from. I'm just looking forward to when the DLC/super version comes out. Not because that's the version I'll buy, but because the shower of tears from upset gamers makes for a good thirst quencher.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                                Rod, meet the Resident Evil community...
                                We demand satisfaction.

Comment

Working...
                                X