Mercenaries 3D Famitsu Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercenaries 3D Famitsu Review

This week's issue of Famitsu brings the first review for Mercenaries 3DS. The game earned a respectable score of 33/40. More details on the pro's and con's as they become available will be updated.

Famitsu Mercenaries 3D Review

Waste of time. Rehash. Cashing in. Short game.

OH WAIT! People who've actually played it rate it highly?

Comment

More info from the review.

The control feel that is unchanged from Resident Evil 5 and the beautiful graphics are high quality for a portable machine.

You'll get addicted to score attack and strengthening your skills.

The ability to move while aiming your gun is a plus. Once you get used to having to press a button, it becomes useful in a variety of ways.

Cooperative play is exciting.

Until you get used to the narrow field of view, it can be difficult. However, once you do get used to it, the field of view can create a sense of tension and fear.

There's strategy in character selection, and in using objects and terrain.

The game with one character takes 8 hours. Clearing the game with all characters takes over 80 hours.
      sigpic

Comment

8 hours to complete??? wow, that's a lot for a mercenaries type game!!! ; probably a lot less, if you have experience with RE5's Mercenaries.

Comment

8 hours is quite a lot for such a game IMO. I mean, that's how long RE5 was.

The fact that they scored it well, means that the repetitive gameplay doesn't get too old within those 8 hours. Lots of levels and bosses to spice things up, I guess.

Then there is the co-op mode which they go the vapors over (in a good way).

Now lets see if it sells.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

wait... 10 characters confirmed??

8hrs-----1 character
            80hrs---- eh 10?

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
              wait... 10 characters confirmed??

8hrs-----1 character
              80hrs---- eh 10?
              Could easily be a mistake.

Comment

Well, I'm glad to see it has reviewed decently through one publication so far.

I'm hoping I get it and end up enjoying it very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
                  Could easily be a mistake.
                  Man, I hope not. The more characters, the better!
                  sigpic

Comment

The fact that the game takes 80 hours to complete is amazing.

Comment

They're accounting that by playing through the same levels with different characters. You can build up that much amount of time with RE5 and it's merc/versus modes.

Comment

Working...
                      X