Mercenaries 3D : Character Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
    I'm not really digging the half-assed Uroboros Wesker.. 'Rather just have a shirtless -normal- Wesker.. Really, really hope there is more then one set of alternates..
    Sadly...this isn't Tecmo and Dead or Alive. I doubt we're going to get a multitude of outfits for the characters. As we can already see...the creativity department isn't exactly bringing new ideas to the table.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Bertha View Post
      Sadly...this isn't Tecmo and Dead or Alive. I doubt we're going to get a multitude of outfits for the characters. As we can already see...the creativity department isn't exactly bringing new ideas to the table.
      Yeah, you're absolutely right. And if we *did* get more alternates, they'd likely be $$$ DLC..
      sigpic

Comment

Barry, oh Barry. His costume defines him as an all-american brute. I would love to play with that costume actually. I'm not too keen with the other costumes. I wish they would stop respamming Jill's RE3 costume.

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
          HUNK's alt costume is fucking awesome, best one of all of them. Hope you get to use the scythe.
          HEY! Cut it out with the gushing.... everyone is in Debbie Downer mode here. Show some respect.

Oh and Sheva stole that costume from Jill first. It was one of her unused alternate outfit in the REmake.

Proof below:

Spoiler:
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tory View Post
            Barry, oh Barry. His costume defines him as an all-american brute. I would love to play with that costume actually. I'm not too keen with the other costumes. I wish they would stop respamming Jill's RE3 costume.
            Barry's alternate outfit brings this to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyCwJ10QrHA

Comment

Wesker reminds me of Nightmare from Soul Calibur 2.

Now we know that Wesker injected himself with the SE virus in RE1.

Comment

and I swear Capcom said that Barry was not a joke character...

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                  Barry's alternate outfit brings this to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyCwJ10QrHA
                  Oh my damn, I haven't heard that in ages. Russo.. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                    All the alt costumes revealed.

Becca
                    Spoiler:

Hunk
                    Spoiler:

Thank you for these! OMG OMG I love Rebecca's and Hunk's! Rebecca's looks so cute, it definitely suits her and Hunk's, well he is known as Mr. Death lol, That Grim Reaper-esque outfit, suits him

And you guys can complain all you like, it still wont stop this game bringing in a lot more money then you haters will ever earn in a life time. And heck, I may be a gullible fanboy, but what ever, it's like you haters feel offended or something, you can stick with your hating as long as you need to, and sit in your lonely corner, sulking about it.

And in the words of Canas Renvall I say " Please no more "holier than thou" attitude. I'll give my money, and if you let something like that ruin your day, then I envy you if that's the worst you have to worry about."

Comment

Originally posted by Agito View Post
                      Thank you for these! OMG OMG I love Rebecca's and Hunk's! Rebecca's looks so cute, it definitely suits her and Hunk's, well he is known as Mr. Death lol, That Grim Reaper-esque outfit, suits him And you guys can complain all you like, it still wont stop this game bringing in a lot more money then you haters will ever earn in a life time. And heck, I may be a gullible fanboy, but what ever, it's like you haters feel offended or something, you can stick with your hating as long as you need to, and sit in your lonely corner, sulking about it. And in the words of Canas Renvall I say " Please no more "holier than thou" attitude. I'll give my money, and if you let something like that ruin your day, then I envy you if that's the worst you have to worry about."
                      Uhh.. If I may come out of my lonely sulking corner for a moment to say something.. I don't want to speak for everyone, but I don't think any of us here are "hating". I think as long time RE fans, we have come to expect a certain standard from Capcom. RE: Mercenaries seems to be missing the mark in alot of areas. There is undoubtedly a laziness, if you will, that has been shown with the production of this game. -And I think we are entitled to have opinions about just that..

On the other hand, it is what it is! I'm sure the game will please alot of people. Hell, I'm sure it's alot fun. I'll probably end up picking it up sometime when the price goes down. It's just disappointing to see the game take a half-assed approach. -And it's not like we were expecting anything ground-breaking in the game. (With Capcom, that is always a surprise..) Things like Leon being absent in the game; as well as the pathetic excuse why he isn't, are things that irritate us.

I think we all are a little tough on Capcom at times, but it's only because we love Resident Evil and want to see the best for it.
                      Last edited by PracticalAl; 06-03-2011, 09:23 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I understand that and respect your opinion, and you hardcore fans should really give Capcom a break, I know most of you are expecting Revelations for the time being, so you're probably pissed about the fact that you NEED to buy this game just to have a go at a demo of it, but the game itself (mercs) is still, remember, a mini game of its own, there's no actual need of being disappointed, you should have known what was expected, yet you still rant on about it. (Not directed to you PracticalAl)

Comment

I understand that and respect your opinion, and you hardcore fans should really give Capcom a break, I know most of you are expecting Revelations for the time being, so you're probably pissed about the fact that you NEED to buy this game just to have a go at a demo of it, but the game itself (mercs) is still, remember, a mini game of its own, there's no actual need of being disappointed, you should have known what was expected, yet you still rant on about it. (Not directed to you PracticalAl)
                          Yeah, I definitely hear you out. Just speaking for myself now, the one gripe I have with Mercs is, 8 characters and 8 stages is fine for a mini-game. Like something you'd see packaged alongside a full game, much like the Mercs game in RE4 and RE5. But a full retail Mercs game, one that costs $40, should have all the bells and whistles. It's like we're paying full price for half a game.. I'm not trying to bitch, but it is certainly underwhelming.. But, like I said before. I know I will eventually pick this game up. I guess the price is my stumbling block.

Oh, and I watched the whole Revelations demo on YouTube. So I don't need to buy Mercs for it. Ha-ha..
                          sigpic

Comment

You have to ask a question - if the old school fans, in such numbers, are giving Capcom flak then maybe Capcom needs to wonder what it's doing wrong? But that's just me, and I'm bitter as hell. Really. Like Black Coffee.

I gotta admit, I think the secondary costumes are pretty uninspired for the most part. Barry's is just plane dumb, like Capcom is fed up of being told about him and intends to introduce a plot where he dresses up like madness and molests animals to get us to be quiet.

But then, I'm not a fan of Mercs, and I haven't been since RE3, nor do I intend to get a 3DS any time in the next two, three years. So I'm not really a target audience for this one.

Comment

Well it's not exactly our fault if Capcom said this was meant to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the series. Yes, Mercs is a minigame but they're selling this as a full game.
                              If you want a comparison pick Square-Enix with Dissidia. That's how you celebrate a franchise imo. Leaving out popular characters with silly excuses and reusing outfits out of pure lazyness isn't exactly the way to go.
                              Most of these alts are nice but Krauser, Barry and Claire got the short end of the stick.
                              I'm just upset that this game had much more potential but they just want to rush it out of the door.
                              I simply think this series deserves a better treatment, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                                You have to ask a question - if the old school fans, in such numbers, are giving Capcom flak then maybe Capcom needs to wonder what it's doing wrong? But that's just me, and I'm bitter as hell. Really. Like Black Coffee.
                                If I may join you in your bitterness; I don't think Capcom will ever ask themselves that question. Just like the abominations that are the Resident Evil movies, as long as they continue to make money, they won't care. (You vote with your wallets, people! Stop the craziness! ..)
                                Last edited by PracticalAl; 06-03-2011, 01:12 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X