Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The True Story Behind BIO HAZARD (Spanish vers.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The True Story Behind BIO HAZARD (Spanish vers.)

Hi guys,

Perhaps this is not much interested for English speakers, but it is a progress (Whole book) of what already exists in this website since 2008. At least take a look and hope you like the result (JPEG files).

We (at the Resident Evil Center) have made the entire book in our language (Spanish). Thanks to THIA for sharing their translations for some parts of the book (Trevor's Notes & Words from the Producer).

Happy to show and share this work with everyone. I hope that you have your version in English soon.
    Last edited by Carnivol; 06-01-2011, 05:15 PM.

Thanks Michael! Should be an interesting read, especially without having to use a Kanji to English dictionary and tons of paper and notes.

Comment

Muchísimas gracias! Estupendo para mejorar mi español.

Comment

Hope you don't mind me moving this to the frontpage, Michael

I was thinking of wrapping up a "community news" newspost, but didn't really have enough content beyond "Dot50Cal was in a car crash", "RECenter wrapped up their translation of TSBB" and a reminder for people to go look at REFanFilms.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Hi guys,
          Happy to show and share this work with everyone. I hope that you have your version in English soon.
          Thanks Michael! This looks like a great read. It's obvious a lot of time has been put into it. I'll have to wait for it in English though, don't speak spanish...
          It's also a nice change of scenery when fans do projects like this (RE Fan Films also come to mind), instead of ranting/bashing the game(s) we love 24/7.

Looking forward to future projects from you guys over at RE Center
          REALDEMO

Comment

Look we don't speak Mexican. If you come to this forum you need to learn the language!

Comment

thank you, but sadly i wont be able to read it untill friday =(

Comment

Yeah we don't speak 'Mexican' in the US (unless you're in California- its the official language here).

And neither do we speak Cheryl Cole. In fact, Cheryl Cole has been added to the languages that Yahoo Babble Fish (sort of) translates.

Seriously though... I might have to take a peek at this. Looks like a good effort went into it.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

The guys at REcenter always deliver quality stuff. Can't speak for the translation quality (Spanish just aint my lingo), but as far as the presentation goes; their stuff's top notch.

Comment

It's a pity the book itself is a piece of shit.

Even Trevor's Letters weren't free from being bastardized. Here's the original files for comparison: http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Trevors-Letters

Most glaring difference is the absence of Plant 42 which the writer inexplicably added to this TSBB book.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I can't view the images. It says that I need to enter a password...

Comment

Originally posted by makta View Post
                        I can't view the images. It says that I need to enter a password...
                        You must use the pass to unlock the RAR, take this:

Spoiler:

About translation, everything has been translated from English. The part of Biohazard The Beginning was taken from the "Resident Evil The Book", while Trevors Notes and Words from Producer on the Game translations belonged to THIA staff. The quality of English-Spanish translation can't be doubted, years and experience give us the reason.

Originally posted by Smiley
                        Look we don't speak Mexican. If you come to this forum you need to learn the language!
                        I try to learn & improve my English this years. The only reason to show this is to share a project we've finished in our site, like this, a spanish fansite hold from 2001 onwards. Don't worry, just clarifying the misunderstanding, perhaps you thought I was working here in the wrong language. Take a look and learn a bit spanish, never hurts. And last thing, not important. Its spanish or castilian language, mexican not officially exist.

Regards & thanks to share this colleagues.

Comment

Look I don't who you are. I don't care. I speak English, and that's all I know.

But if Leon S. Kennedy started trespassing into my house spouting off some 'Spanish' and flashing me photos of some girl I never knew.... I'd probably go for my axe too.

EDIT: Before I get the message from Carnivol let me clarify.

Self defense over trespassing is not unheard of. In the case I made above it was the American agent who was in the wrong for entering the man's house assuming he knew English and trying to get info out of him. I do believe if you go to the country (or forum in this case) you should make the effort to learn the language beforehand. Leon could have avoided the deaths of potentially innocent people who were not under the influence of las plagas if he took the time to know the language of the country he was in (as well as I don't know KNOCKING). He's not in Kansas anymore. It's a whole new ball park. And he should have known better.

Now if that sounds wrong to any of you then I apologize. Don't pull your axes out on me.
                          Last edited by Smiley; 06-02-2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                            Yeah we don't speak 'Mexican' in the US (unless you're in California- its the official language here).

And neither do we speak Cheryl Cole. In fact, Cheryl Cole has been added to the languages that Yahoo Babble Fish (sort of) translates.

Seriously though... I might have to take a peek at this. Looks like a good effort went into it.
                            I wasn't aware Americans where all generic clones with no regional accents heaven forbid you bump into anyone who speaks welsh
                            seriously guys with friends like you who needs enemies, like Project Omega said i'd much rather translate from Spanish than Japanese any day of the week, thanks for you contribution Michael it's always nice when people take the time and effort share stuff like this.
                            Last edited by kevstah2004; 06-02-2011, 12:42 PM.
                            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                              Mexican is not a language.

Pretty good job Michael, always ahead when it comes to Spanish translations.

Comment

Working...
                              X