No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think HUNK looks a tiny bit like Arkham Asylum Scarecrow...

Spoiler:

Comment

I liked last year's trailer much better.. Getting a Silent Hill 5 vibe from the new trailer.. In other words, a lot of action oriented gameplay as well as trying to mimic certain plot aspects of Silent Hill 2.. Sigh, why couldn't of SH just died when Team Silent broke up? But of course, you can't judge a whole game by a trailer.. Though, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth..

EDIT: Am I losing it, or did I see RE4 mine carts in that trailer?
      Last edited by PracticalAl; 06-05-2011, 08:19 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Gotta say those alts are (Barry excluded) pretty good, SH is still on my "meh" list since Homecoming but the news I noted further down about the Metal Gear HD Collection with 2/3/Peace Walker is the best bit for me . . .
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed or not but a lot of those alternate costumes are just reskins of older ones.

Claire - Sheva's Business outfit
          Barry - Chris' Warrior outfit
          HUNK - Merchant's outfit
          Krauser - Chris' Heavy Metal outfit
          Rebecca - Sheva's Fairy Tale outfit
          Last edited by Fruit Salad; 06-05-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

^ HUNK's alt doesn't look anything like the Merchant, I only see a veeeery small resemblance in the hood but that's it. The rest I agree, though.

Comment

I like HUNK's alternate costume, it's a nice reference to his nickname.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Ok...Wesker, JIll, and Claires outfits work.... Everyone elses is either a lazy reskin, or just stupid.

The idea behind Hunks alt isn't bad, but the execution looks pathetic.
                Why is Chris wearing crotchless pants over his pants and reflectors as kneepads?
                Why is Barry dressed up as a drunken American Gladiator?
                Why didnt they just give Krauser his shirtless war paint look from RE4 and instead gave him the stupid Mad Max armor suit?
                And as for Rebecca's alt...WTF?

I dont know who approved most of these costumes but they really have poor taste. I understand the sexy Nurse thing with Rebecca being a Japanese thing and all, but the rest are just fucking dumb.
                Last edited by Wrathborne; 06-05-2011, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I'm in agreement with that.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

F*** off costumes. Give us a good game asshats.

Comment

Some new list on Biohaze has Resident Evil 6 down for New Year's Eve, 2011. However, it's probably fake. I'm not sure, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                        F*** off costumes. Give us a good game asshats.
                        Better off setting your time machine to 2004 when RE4 was first released.

Comment

But Mr Fusion's damaged and we're gonna need some plutonium or a bolt of lighting and unfortunately, you never know when or where it's ever gonna strike . . .
                          Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 06-06-2011, 05:55 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                            The idea behind Hunks alt isn't bad, but the execution looks pathetic.
                            How is it pathetic, exactly?

Why is Chris wearing crotchless pants over his pants and reflectors as kneepads?
                            That's an Air Force uniform, those "reflectors" are not reflectors, they are used to hold maps. Yeah looks kinda tacky but they are used IRL as fair as I know.

Why didnt they just give Krauser his shirtless war paint look from RE4 and instead gave him the stupid Mad Max armor suit?
                            People would still jump on the "lazy Capcom" bandwagon for not giving him a new alt, can't please everyone!

And as for Rebecca's alt...WTF?
                            Japanese style right there. Oh yeah.

Why is Barry dressed up as a drunken American Gladiator?
                            THIS is the only point I agree with. Totally ridiculous, poor Barry.

Comment

How is hunks pathetic? He looks like a hobo wearing a bad Halloween costume thats combined from a hoodie, faded fatigue pants, a gas mask, and skeleton gloves.

There are a lot of more intriguing variations of this idea that they could have chosen, but they went for cheezy.

As for Chris's tacky pants, at least there is some logic behind this choice. It still looks odd, but if its something legit, then I cant really blame Capcom for it.

Comment

Rod is correct about Chris' alt costume. The leggings are part of the G-suit, also you can see he has a high altitude oxygen mask. The tube on his left leg is plugged into a pressure fitting in the plane, and it will auto inflate when the g force gets to high and prevent the blood from rushing to your legs, inducing a black out. The two pockets he is correct on as well, the one is for a written flight log and the other is for maps, flight plan and other things.

I know thats really drawn out but, at least they put some thought into that costume, as for the rest, meh. They are ok, except for Barry's goddamn Fruity Pebbles costume...Capcom you come up with some good things and blow them up with one bad apple in the bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X