Capcom at E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zero38 View Post
    Am I allowed to say... This is better than RE5 by far?
    Can't really judge by a trailer.. But I would like to think that too.
    sigpic

Comment

the capcom e3 stream is going live soon

Tune in for exclusive looks at Capcom's showing at E3 2011. Trailers, Interviews, Exclusives, and so much more.

should have went live awhile ago

Comment

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
        The first person shooting in the gameplay clips look rather clunky to me. Eh, considering they officially fucked Jill over--and the fact neither Revelations nor Raccoon City(hmm, I"ll wait to see what they have to show if there going to show anything) interest me--I just don't care much.
        The detective/item searching in Rev looks...um....yeah...very out of place. I like the design of the enemies, but they melt? I couldn't care less about Jill, but I'm hoping the story will save it.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Jill model looks a bit odd, I can't put my finger on it. Not a good voice either.

Comment

It reminds me of Metroid Prime's scanning. Which is ironic since I'm fairly certain Jill's new VA is the same girl who voiced Samus in Other M.

Comment

I'm completely bemused by the DMC trailer, it looks.... erm.... to play exactly the same as Devil May Cry 4.
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

FEATURES

- All new Resident Evil – New storyline featuring series favorites Jill Valentine, Chris

Redfield and introducing BSAA member Parker Luciani

- Classic survival horror gameplay returns – Explore the dark, sinister areas of the cruise ship; there’s nowhere to run and nowhere to hide with evil creeping out of the shadows

- Flexible touch screen functionality – Using the touch screen adds depth to puzzle solving and provides easy access to switching weapons on the fly

- Use your equipment – Use the Genesis scanning equipment to analyze enemy weaknesses and hidden items that will prove crucial for the player’s survival

- Brand new threat – A new kind of horror is set to join the legions of Resident Evil; for the first time ever in the series, players will encounter enemies underwater, adding a unique challenge to the mix of gameplay

- First person shooter view – Players can choose the shooting style that suits them with the ability to alternate between first and third person views to best pin point enemies

Comment

I'm going to Uranus Zone!

Frank....oh god Frank West I love you. Now if you and Jill go on weight watchers and lose those pounds you'll be even more amazing.

@Fred: For me...I think her face is way too bloated.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I love everything I've seen from Revelations aside from first person combat, but that is optional so not complaints from me at all. I'm not so petty to get hung up on minor things like a face looking altered or a voice changing. Would never made it past RE2 if those things were issues.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Bertha View Post
                      I'm going to Uranus Zone!

Frank....oh god Frank West I love you. Now if you and Jill go on weight watchers and lose those pounds you'll be even more amazing.

@Fred: For me...I think her face is way too bloated.
                      That's it! She's put on a few pounds and has a nose like that Mrs Piggy character, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Bertha View Post
                        The detective/item searching in Rev looks...um....yeah...very out of place. I like the design of the enemies, but they melt? I couldn't care less about Jill, but I'm hoping the story will save it.
                        Considering that I absolutely loved the original teaser for Revelations--looking at the trailer and whatnot, I not really sure if there honestly going to be anything worth of value added to the cannon, besides a couple possible fan-wanking connections. My biggest gripe I guess is that it's a prequel, which kills any real interest from me. Could still be a decent game to play I suppose, but I don't know. Everything that's been released since the original teaser hasn't done much for me.

But as far as the change to Jill's model--it's just a nitpick at an unnecessary change. I find the VA change far more offensive. I wonder what the reasons for it are, since Patricia Lee was apparently originally on board. Strange enough she didn't voice Jill in MvC3.

Oh well. That's the way it is.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                          I love everything I've seen from Revelations aside from first person combat, but that is optional so not complaints from me at all. I'm not so petty to get hung up on minor things like a face looking altered or a voice changing. Would never made it past RE2 if those things were issues.
                          I think it bothers some people because they value consistancy with their characters....and Jill's been changed too many times in the past few years and her more hardcore fans do not like it. And voice actors, in some cases, make a character. If someone like Chris, Wesker, or Barry sounded like a 12 year old boy, no one would take them seriously. Well....no one takes Barry seriously anyway....so change Barry for the original Dante or someone like Mike Haggar.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

REmake Jill will always be the best Jill for me personally. She felt the most authentic and had a great character model.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                              REmake Jill will always be the best Jill for me personally. She felt the most authentic and had a great character model.
                              Yes, yes, and yes.

On a side note...Asura's Wrath looks pretty interesting too.
                              sigpic
                              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

FFS Capcom and their ever changing voice actors.

I praised them for having the best cast ever for Resident Evil 5 and begged them to not change. Which they have. Again.
                                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X