Resident Evil Revelations News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
    I was repeating Waughs reason for being replaced. http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1957

...so I dunno? I don't wanna say the guy was lying. Maybe it was just for that one project or something and Capcom decided they like DC Douglas better.
    You ever think that Waugh might have been misinformed? I'm not sure Sally Cahill even fully knew. But the impression was that the localization for UC and RE5 were L.A. restricted only. After all they were looking for voice actors to do the whole package of mocap work for body and voice, but only a few characters had exceptions. And some were returning characters from UC.

Looking back at DC's blog he was at the right project at the right time. Here's the highlights.

"In the year of our Wesker 2006. I was asked to audition for a video game called “Umbrella Chronicles” over at Cup Of Tea Productions in Burbank, run by two great ladies – Danni Hunt and Lainie Bushey."

"I auditioned for several characters. One, in particular, required a voice match. They played the voice of Peter Jessop doing Albert Wesker. They said Peter was unavailable as he had several other gigs lined up, which makes sense. In addition to being one of the good guys in this biz, he’s also a very talented and sought-after VO guy."

"About a year later, my agent calls to tell me I booked “Resident Evil 5” as Albert Wesker." "Then the producers cranked it up by asking me to audition for the physical motion capture part of Wesker. You know, where he walks slowly with a gun and looks über-bad-ass? I was excited to experience that aspect of video game production. But I had also thrown my back out four days before while renovating our new house! So my audition consisted of me walking around, not looking that bad-ass, but more broke-ass… Hmm, that phrase seems wrong. In the end, they hired Ken Lally (an actor and stunt man) to be the physical mo-cap guy." "Of course, what made the process so much more complicated and fun this time was that I was also mo-capping the facial expressions. That was a first for me. Stand perfectly still and emote facially, but larger than life — and keep the subtle voice acting going – “Oh! And don’t gesture!”

I'm betting Peter Jessop really wishes he did the Umbrella Chronicles gig all things considering. But at least he voiced in one of the best Resident Evil games to date.
    Last edited by Smiley; 07-08-2011, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X