No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a couple previews that detail the controls, the new item scanner, etc:

Capcom returns to its survival horror roots with the all-new Resident Evil: Revelations for 3DS. We go hands-on with the latest build at E3.

Comment

Gamespot interview. And man, if people had a problem with Chris Kramer, they're going to have a field day with this one.

Comment

Whose brilliant idea was it to put Ryan McDougall (of Dark Void marketing fame) on such a high-profile release? Seriously, how could one possibly confuse Resident Evil 5 downloadable content with a game that's currently in development? The one job you have as a PR person is to know your company's products, and you can't even get that together?

Resident Evil 5 had great prerelease coverage with lots of in-depth interviews, and a great marketing campaign to top it off (which can be attributed to a professional PR company). But if you put incapable PR amateurs in charge, you don't need to wonder about crappy sales. If you read a press release and it tells you more than comments from developers and marketing personnel, you know there's something horribly wrong with your PR schedule.

Comment

WTF? LiN was a non canon RE2? Hahaha. Oh wait there is more, RE2 mansion? Oh dear.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Not really excited. Game feels very uninspired and unoriginal.

Let me give you a follow up. Gaiden had Barry search for Leon on a boat facing off against BOWs. There's a Leon lookalike involved without saying too much. Here you just replace the pair with Chris and Jill who were fresh off of RE5 and throw in some more characters.

Maybe I'll be impressed if they show more locations, but we've covered snowy areas before even to the point of going straight to the antarctic. So yeahhh...

This feels like a mash up of other RE titles thrown into one. And as far as promoting fear? We've been down that road with RE5, and they can act all serious about it this time. Still doesn't shake away my skepticism. And on a side note the new Jill VA sounds terrible. Too youthful and green sounding for an experienced toughie like Jill. She's be better suited to voice Rebecca.

Comment

Anyonese else see suspecting this game is just a remake of Gaiden?

...Counter B.O.W. group on a ship
              ...First person mode for combat
              ...Uninspired characters

see? its all coming back now isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post

...Uninspired characters

Let's also not forget Dead Aim...though I found the characters likable enough.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

This is the 3DS's Gaiden/Dead Aim, eh.. Well, at least Gaiden didn't have a big movie-like trailer and try to show off. Gaiden had humility, it already knew it was good (*snicker*) and didn't need to ever prove it.

This game looks completely unoriginal like many other posters have said. Next modern RE game please. Console only please.

Comment

Why does Parker have to look like an awful imitation of Chris Redfield? At first when I saw that youtube video (the image before you click play), I thought that was them just remodeling Chris. I was instantly reminded of Chris at looking at his face.

And I don't know about you guys, but I saw absolutely no creepy atmosphere in these videos. And those regenerators don't look that scary at all, and seem very easy to take out. Not a good sign. And I don't know why they happen to be the only enemies we have seen in the videos. Did they just not program zombies in yet? Come on! >_>

And if I had to guess about the story, the Chris Redfields on the ship are not the real Chris Redfields, and the one that is out in the snow probably is, or the real Chris is elsewhere, or possibly being held captive at an antartic base. There are Chris Redfield Clone BOWs all around, and it is Jill's job to kill them all. And these regenators probably have something to do with these clones being produced.

And I don't like that idea, as it leads to what people have discussed about on this forum, which is the possibility of an "Alex" Wesker, a clone of Wesker. If Chris got cloned, then this game is a prelude to Resident Evil 6. Revelations could be setting Resident Evil 6 up for a fight with a clone of Wesker.

I wouldn't be surprised if I was spot on with this.

And if I am, this is the best that they could come up with?
                    Last edited by RetroRain; 06-08-2011, 11:37 PM.
                    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

I don't think there ever were 2 Chris Redfields to begin with. And since the "plot" from last year's trailer seems different, it could be a completely different story in the final game.

Comment

The concept art for the game implies two Chris Redfields so maybe it's still part of the game.

Comment

30 minute video interview with the director of Revelations. Skip to 3:20 for plot details.
                          The director on Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D and Resident Evil Revelations gives us the details on these upcoming titles for the 3DS.
                          Last edited by aris13; 06-09-2011, 02:59 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

nice to know the voice actor for samus is still as dull and plain as ever

Comment

Yep just more recycling those Verdugo Regenerator hybrids are hardly inspiring I guess they got the idea from peoples zombie mods for re4
                              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post

...Uninspired characters

As long as they don't re-use the same BG music.

BTW, Barry is not an uninspired character. I think you meant to say the secondary characters like Lucia and others. Honestly, I didn't really had a problem with the story considering that other RE games have had weak plotlines too. I had more of an issue with the repetitive gameplay, generic enemies and dull boss fights.

And if I am, this is the best that they could come up with?
                                In the post-Mikami era.... Yes. That's about it.
                                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X