X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A E3 preview of RE: Revelations

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...il-Revelations

Another impression from E3 about Revelations:

University Press - Another awesome title is Resident Evil Revelations. The gameplay and controls actually make it feel like you are playing a console game. And the graphics are far superior to any of the other 3DS titles seen so far. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater plays similarly to RER but has a really weird camera control system, which makes combat difficult and frustrating
    Last edited by Pikminister; 06-10-2011, 01:05 PM.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

did anything on a release date show up?

Comment

Capcom mentions it as a 2012 release.

Play Asia lists the US version for a April 2012 release.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
          Actually Steve Van Wormer voiced Billy in Umbrella Chronicles. There was a big debate a while back because his site listed Billy as the character in RE5 before he changed it to "Resident Evil Wii"
          I remember seeing that somewhere, but it just isn't true. Unless Capcom did something really screwy and Wormer voiced Billy during gameplay and Smith voiced Billy during cutscenes.

You can't watch these cutscenes and tell me that's not Smith:

Now that I've watched some gameplay footage, too, I think that's exactly what happened. Billy's voice changes noticeably over the course of Train Derailment.

Ok, In this part of the game u play as either S.T.A.R.S. Bravo Team Rookie Member and team medic Rebecca Chambers or Convicted Felon and former Marine Corps ...
          Last edited by Archelon; 06-10-2011, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
            Capcom mentions it as a 2012 release.

Play Asia lists the US version for a April 2012 release.
            i knew abotu 2012 but thanks for telling me april as the kind of the release date

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
              I remember seeing that somewhere, but it just isn't true. Unless Capcom did something really screwy and Wormer voiced Billy during gameplay and Smith voiced Billy during cutscenes.

You can't watch these cutscenes and tell me that's not Smith
              I think I'm going to have to considering he's listing his credits on his own site, made the necessary corrections and retains it on his page.

Roger Craig Smith's own site doesn't list doing Umbrella Chronicles but does include RE5 and Darkside Chronicles. So believe what you like I guess. But you can always contact him on his site and ask if you're interested. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

RogerCraigSmith.com is the official website of voice actor Roger Craig Smith.
              Last edited by Smiley; 06-10-2011, 11:51 PM.

Comment

That's definately Roger Craig Smith, and someone completely different during the gameplay. It's actually laughable how bad that is looking back, though I'll be honest I never noticed it before.

EDIT: WTF!! His voice actually changes during the cutscenes as well, take the flashback cutscene for example after he's just saved Rebecca. He says "We were ordered to attack the village" (one actor), then you have the flashback and then when it resumes it's definately RGS.... lol. Awful.
                Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 06-11-2011, 03:17 AM.
                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Funny How 85% of the posts are just about voice works and complaining about Jill >.> How do you play your RE games ?

I'm pretty excited, All the impressions and the demo just Imply this is Classic! everything is checked, still worried about one thing.. Hope there is no (buy - sell) system.

Comment

I'm worried that this game isn't going to be as horror as they claim it to be. These latest videos didn't do much for me. They need to put more effort in to making it scary, and difficult. Scarce ammo and more hits to kill enemies. I'm tired of being able to breeze right through Resident Evil games. And yes, Jill's voice is not good at all. It is too soft. I don't know why they keep changing voice actors for everybody. Somebody should tell them that consistency can be a good thing. But I can get past that, since it's only a minor flaw. If the rest of the game is good, than it doesn't matter too much to me.
                    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

My expectations are pretty low on this game so far. I like the graphics, and the monster designs aren't terrible so far(they've only shown 1 type of monster anyways) but the scanning system concept isn't something I think we need, and the swimming emphasis doesn't seem that needs as much attention as they're giving it.

My major concern with this game is that they're using it as a shovel to dig themselves out of the hole they dug with RE5(Calm down Kylie, let me finish first). RE5 was not popular with the original fan base and the way they ended the game was even less popular.

The fact that they're going back to the series roots with this game shows that they want to get the original fan base back, however the fact that they seem to be implying a 'copy monster' concept with this game(fake Chris rumors and all) doesn't this look like more of a way to bring Albert Wesker back into the series than anything?

They've gotten all kinds of shit for killing off the most popular character in the series and at this point they've isolated much of the fan base as a result of it, so I have my suspicions on the games story's real purpose as a way to get interest back into the series future story arc, by back peddling.

Comment

The fact that it's a prequel to RE5 already makes me roll my eyes at the thought that Wesker is in this.

If they're scared to carry this series without him then they shouldn't have bothered killing him. I was fine when he died. Thought it was pretty ballsy. But bringing him back to life a second time? Thoughts of a clone? Or even that talk of a new Wesker mentioned in a dlc minigame? Really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

As time goes on I'm seriously all alone in my admiration of Resident Evil 5 - does anyone out there actually like it?
                          http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                          http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                          Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                            As time goes on I'm seriously all alone in my admiration of Resident Evil 5 - does anyone out there actually like it?
                            Well, I think It's great, but only as a game, It's the FF13 of RE.

I actually still play it, but only with friends when we decide to play Merc or Vers, and all of my hours of play time are in Vs and Merc.

But To me, RE being in it's name makes it a disaster

Comment

Watching this guy play Revelations was hard to do. He does not know how to play Resident Evil. He doesn't look when an enemy is coming towards him. He hears the sound of an enemy, and then he doesn't look behind him. Unreal.

My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                              ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                                I love it. Between the time after RE0 released and RE5 I disliked pretty much every release except UC, RE5 renewed my love for the series.
                                Last edited by Dracarys; 06-12-2011, 10:25 AM.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X