Resident Evil Operations Raccoon City News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Operations Raccoon City News

Just like Revelations, news on Operation Raccoon City were announced at E3.

Check out the fact sheets here.
    Fact Sheet

Artworks and other stuffs here
    Artworks, Screenshots, Videos
    Last edited by xfactor; 06-07-2011, 09:39 PM.

Fact Sheet
    Gameplay overview
    Resident Evil®: Operation Raccoon City delivers a true third person team based shooter experience set within the dark and sinister Resident Evil®
    universe. Not only does this setting provide a rich backdrop to the action but it fosters a unique and thrilling triple-threat battle scenario for the game
    modes. Zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W’s) add to the mix as players compete against their team’s opposing squad but also tackle this
    third unpredictable element that could only exist in the twisted Resident Evil universe. The result is a brand new style of gameplay that breaks the
    conventions of traditional third person shooters.
    It is September 1998 and the action focuses on the ill-fated Raccoon City and the horrific consequences of the deadly T-virus outbreak. With a cover
    up required, Umbrella orders an elite team into Raccoon City to destroy all evidence of its involvement. Meanwhile the US Government has quarantined
    the city and dispatched its own team of elite soldiers to determine the source of the mysterious outbreak. Caught up in the action are rookie police
    officer Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield.
    Players take on the role of an Umbrella Security Service (U.S.S) Soldier and battle against all the competing forces at play in Raccoon City. Choose
    from six characters, each one equipped with a unique skill set, including the female field scientist Four-Eyes who can manipulate the T-virus and take
    control of the B.O.W’s raiding the streets of Raccoon City or the weapons expert and U.S.S team captain Lupo.
    Feat ures
    • Team based shooter set in the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe.
    • Triple threat battle as zombies and B.O.W’s add an unpredictable twist to the action.
    • Control the truth solo or with up to three friends as an Umbrella Security Service squad member in
    a story driven Campaign mode.
    • Choose from six U.S.S. characters, each with their own unique skill set and roles.
    • Return of favorite Resident Evil enemies, iconic landmarks and characters, such as Leon S.
    Kennedy.
    • Rewrite the history of the Raccoon City outbreak. Relive the iconic crash scene from Resident
    Evil® 2 as Leon S. Kennedy desperately tries to escape from the clutches of the Umbrella Security
    Services.
    • For the first time ever in Resident Evil history, your character risks infection from the hordes of
    zombies making their way through the city.
    • Competitive online multiplayer modes provide a unique gaming experience thanks to the triplethreat
    battle between the Umbrella Security Service, US Special Ops and threat of zombies and
    B.O.W’s.

Comment

Resident Evil : ORC Cinematic Trailer

IGN’s home for the latest game trailers, including new gameplay, cinematics, announcements, and reveals. Subscribe to stay up to date and get notified when new trailers arrive, that includes during events like Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Plays, E3, The Game Awards, Gamescom, and more. Check out our playlists for trailers coming to your preferred gaming platforms like PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. For more content, visit IGN.com or check out our other channels: IGN - https://www.youtube.com/IGN IGN Games - https://www.youtube.com/IGNGames IGN Guides - https://www.youtube.com/c/IGNGuides IGN VR - https://www.youtube.com/IGNVR IGN Movie Trailers - https://www.youtube.com/IGNMovieTrailers This is only a small taste of the videos and content available from IGN. Get more, visit http://www.ign.com

Edit:
      If there was multiple update posts intended and this broke the chain, feel free to delete this post.
      Last edited by ElusionM; 06-07-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Artworks
        Licker
        Spoiler:

Tyrant
        Spoiler:

Zombies
        Spoiler:

Screenshots
        1 - 10
        Spoiler:

Screenshots 11 - 20
        Spoiler:

Videos
        Trailer

Gameplay

Gameplay
        Last edited by xfactor; 06-08-2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Man, I just looked at the comments on Capcom Unity's video postings. Revelations getting good comments, but everyone replying to the ORC ones is complaining about how this game is ruining Resident Evil, and bitching about the new DmC still, and how Capcom is alienating all it's fans. Crazy stuff.

Best trailer Capcom posted though was the DR2 Off The Record one, it actually made me laugh.

Comment

edit: I just saw Claire's model. she looks ok I guess...I will upload her and leon's artworks later in the day.
            Last edited by xfactor; 06-07-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

So.. REO: Umbrella Edition

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                Fact Sheet
                Gameplay overview
                Resident Evil®: Operation Raccoon City delivers a true third person team based shooter experience set within the dark and sinister Resident Evil®
                universe. Not only does this setting provide a rich backdrop to the action but it fosters a unique and thrilling triple-threat battle scenario for the game
                modes. Zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W’s) add to the mix as players compete against their team’s opposing squad but also tackle this
                third unpredictable element that could only exist in the twisted Resident Evil universe. The result is a brand new style of gameplay that breaks the
                conventions of traditional third person shooters.
                It is September 1998 and the action focuses on the ill-fated Raccoon City and the horrific consequences of the deadly T-virus outbreak. With a cover
                up required, Umbrella orders an elite team into Raccoon City to destroy all evidence of its involvement. Meanwhile the US Government has quarantined
                the city and dispatched its own team of elite soldiers to determine the source of the mysterious outbreak. Caught up in the action are rookie police
                officer Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield.
                Players take on the role of an Umbrella Security Service (U.S.S) Soldier and battle against all the competing forces at play in Raccoon City. Choose
                from six characters, each one equipped with a unique skill set, including the female field scientist Four-Eyes who can manipulate the T-virus and take
                control of the B.O.W’s raiding the streets of Raccoon City or the weapons expert and U.S.S team captain Lupo.
                Feat ures
                • Team based shooter set in the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe.
                • Triple threat battle as zombies and B.O.W’s add an unpredictable twist to the action.
                • Control the truth solo or with up to three friends as an Umbrella Security Service squad member in a story driven Campaign mode.
                • Choose from six U.S.S. characters, each with their own unique skill set and roles.
                • Return of favorite Resident Evil enemies, iconic landmarks and characters, such as Leon S.Kennedy.
                • Rewrite the history of the Raccoon City outbreak. Relive the iconic crash scene from Resident Evil® 2 as Leon S. Kennedy desperately tries to escape from the clutches of the Umbrella Security Services.
                • For the first time ever in Resident Evil history, your character risks infection from the hordes of zombies making their way through the city.
                • Competitive online multiplayer modes provide a unique gaming experience thanks to the triplethreat
                battle between the Umbrella Security Service, US Special Ops and threat of zombies and
                B.O.W’s.
                OK, how will Four-Eyes work? I suppose the question is, which game does her power come from? Taking control of B.O.W's? The whole reason Umbrella had such issues was that most of the things are nigh on impossible to control. They needed to use parasites, or computer chips in the brain, or the like to control them...yet they have a field operative who can do it? What?

Even in terms of gameplay, I can't really see how it'll work. I guess it's one of two options. She sits down and fiddles with a Laptop, you zoom to the Hunter (I can't believe they'll let you control Mr X...surely?) or whatever you've grabbed, and then run around like that? There are a few games that do that, although how it'll work in a team based action shooter I'm not sure. Or perhaps it'll use the Hypnotise power from BioShock and you just have the follow you around and attack like pets? I dunno. Hopefully Slant Six will set aside my doubts.

I know the plot is going to be a tacked together thing to excuse special forces assaulting each other, but it is really starting to feel messy. Why are the USS (I always get the urge to type Enterprise after that) messing about when the car crash happens? And why didn't they just snipe them both there and then, when they're standing there talking? This game has gotta be non-canon, because it's just making less sense the more I hear. I do wish they'd mention Claire a little more too, but such is life.

And I had to highlight the virus thing - is it me, or is Capcom and Slant Six trying very hard to ignore Outbreak ever happened?

Comment

I was willing to take this game with a pinch of salt and just have fun but its getting more and more ridiculous by each piece of gameplay I see. I dont like to bash RE games before they come out but I really dont think this game will be up to much. Considering the games we have coming out this year Uncharted, Oblivion, Resistance even Tomb Raider is looking pretty damn good, I really dont think this is going to measure up. Maybe it should have been released as DLC with a cheaper price.

Whats this about taking control of BOW's?? Thats just dumb. I agree with Darkmoon above when he said why didnt they just sniper Leon and Claire after the crash? I was thinking the exact samething when I saw it. I saw someone in the background and thought nah must be a zombie then as they got closer you could see it was Leon. Again very dumb. I know they are saying this is just a fun shooter but that doesnt mean you dont have to put any effort into it, I never thought I'd wait for a price drop for an RE game but I'm pretty damn close to waiting for this one. Think I'd rather buy a 3DS and get Revelations.

Comment

I imagine Foureyes can guide them using whatever she extracts, kinda like the effect of boomer bile cannisters in L4D, not actually control them.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Can't believe she's actually called Four-eyes...
                      The crash scene in RE2 was hardly iconic...
                      Every game had you risk infection from the enemies (ie. death by zombie)... Outbreak even underlined it in a very bold marker...
                      Triple threat mentioned 3 times...

God I love press releases...
                      sigpic

Comment

But we never actually had to worry about the virus infection except in the Outbreak games, so I think you can see why they mentioned the virus infection for this.

In past games the virus was not even a concern except for Outbreak and File 2, RE3's virus was just for one boss battle.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                          Every game had you risk infection from the enemies (ie. death by zombie)...
                          Death by zombie is not risk of infection, it is getting your throat or whatever else ripped out.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Exactly.

Big difference from being munched by Zombies and dying then being bit and slowly losing your mind and rotting away.

Comment

For those who have been fretting over this, this interview confirms that chasing and killing Leon is not the objective of the entire game:

Also, "Capture the Flag" is now "Capture the G-Virus."

EDIT:

Une vidéo amateur du gameplay de Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City prise à la caméra sur le salon de l'E3.

You can see Hunters in action in this video.

Also, I really hope they change the scope/iron sights before the game is released.
                              Last edited by Archelon; 06-08-2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X