No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Operations Raccoon City News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one with ORC I want to see many enviroments and objectives, and Capture the G-Virus is very suiting to RE.

My god man....that guy really doesn't know what a scope is for does he xD
    Last edited by shanemurphy; 06-08-2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I get more and more convinced that this game should have just been SOCOM: Zombie Edition. Looks and feels like a fan-mod.

OK, how will Four-Eyes work? I suppose the question is, which game does her power come from? Taking control of B.O.W's? The whole reason Umbrella had such issues was that most of the things are nigh on impossible to control. They needed to use parasites, or computer chips in the brain, or the like to control them...yet they have a field operative who can do it? What?

Even in terms of gameplay, I can't really see how it'll work. I guess it's one of two options. She sits down and fiddles with a Laptop, you zoom to the Hunter (I can't believe they'll let you control Mr X...surely?) or whatever you've grabbed, and then run around like that? There are a few games that do that, although how it'll work in a team based action shooter I'm not sure. Or perhaps it'll use the Hypnotise power from BioShock and you just have the follow you around and attack like pets? I dunno. Hopefully Slant Six will set aside my doubts.

I know the plot is going to be a tacked together thing to excuse special forces assaulting each other, but it is really starting to feel messy. Why are the USS (I always get the urge to type Enterprise after that) messing about when the car crash happens? And why didn't they just snipe them both there and then, when they're standing there talking? This game has gotta be non-canon, because it's just making less sense the more I hear. I do wish they'd mention Claire a little more too, but such is life.

And I had to highlight the virus thing - is it me, or is Capcom and Slant Six trying very hard to ignore Outbreak ever happened?
      It's not canon. This much should be obvious at this point. It's a spin-off, similar to GAIDEN and the drama albums. Same universe, alternate storylines.

Also, don't blame Capcom. They're just publishing the game. They aren't developing it.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

But it was Kawata's idea.

Comment

Kinda have the same mentality of most COD fans there man! people look at a FPS and say Oh this looks just like COD.

I know your not like that but this has much more to it then just a SOCOM mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
            But it was Kawata's idea.
            Kawata has also done UC and DC. And he isn't a writer.
            Last edited by News Bot; 06-08-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              Kawata has also done UC and DC.
              Are you trying to strengthen my point or something? Ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                Are you trying to strengthen my point or something? Ha ha.
                I don't even know what I was getting at to be honest. But he isn't developing the game or penning the storyline. The fact that it was his idea doesn't change much, particularly when he's probably one of the only CAPCOM employees involved.
                Last edited by News Bot; 06-08-2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Turning into a Zombie when the virus gauge is full now confirmed.

Comment

*munches on popcorn*

I think the gameplay looks even better than I imagined it would be. Knowing it was Slant Six behind the game had me feeling apprehensive, but it looks like they nailed the look and feel of Raccoon City and the outbreak fairly well. The shooting looks quick and fluid and the melee attacks look like fun. I just hope the timer isn't always active because I'd love to be able to explore Raccoon City without being rushed like in Outbreak. -_-

While everyone here keeps bitching and moaning, I keep thinking of how much fun I'll have playing it with three other friends.
                    Last edited by Vector; 06-08-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Profiles from the character select screen:

Four Eyes [Field Scientist] - Developing an unhealthy obsession with science at a young age, Christine "Four Eyes" Yamata specializes in virology. She is so deeply focused on her work that she has little interest in anything else, including the feelings or lives of other human beings. Studious and detailed, she always wants to know more about a given situation.

Bertha [Medic] - Michaela "Bertha" Schneider finds pleasure in pain. A disciplined former soldier and devotee to medicine led her to join Umbrella shortly after an unsuccessful return to civilian life. She eagerly joined Wolfpack after they assured her anesthetic is a luxury and not a priority.

Vector [Recon] - Vector's file remains largely confidential, his true identity hidden. Training at Rockfort Island he developed his lethal martial arts ability and elite skill for reconnaissance. As a covert operative, his achievements in the field are only matched by his former master, HUNK.

Specter [Surveillance] - A veteran of the Cold War, former spy, Vladimir "Spectre" Bodrovski was moved from Umbrella's European wing for unknown reasons. The premiere surveillance expert of the USS, he was transferred to Wolfpack when the upper echelon of Umbrella management realized his skills could greatly benefit them.
                      And those were the only ones highlighted in this video:

Comment

Wait, they're called Wolfpack? This is perfect, because I've always considered myself to be a...

As a covert operative, his achievements in the field are only matched by his former master, HUNK.

Last edited by Vector; 06-08-2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

HUNK doesn't need fancy gadgets like optic camouflage to get the job done.

Comment

When Vector learns to breath water for a week, then he will be HUNK's equal.

Comment

Gamespot stage demo.

EDIT:

Just a heads up. All of the live stage demos (IGN, Gamespot, etc.) are using pre-recorded B-roll footage. They're not actually live demos of the game. So if you've watched one stage demo, you've already seen everything there is to see.
                              Last edited by Archelon; 06-08-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Some nice details in that video, more returning characters than just Leon and Claire. He also claims the story will fit into the canon unless you 'choose' to change it by killing certain characters.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X