Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE has to go back to be Survival horror again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE has to go back to be Survival horror again!

my personal opinion

After Re 4. Re series are only shooter games which i dont personally like. in my opinion it has to go back as it was before Re 4. Re only feels like Re when its survival horror.

what is you opinion guys

If a game has Resident Evil in a title, then it is Resident Evil and thus feels like it.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I'm with the guy with poor grammar. Yes, any game can have the title of Resident Evil. That doesn't mean it's going to be a good Resident Evil game, though, and I fully admit I have my own, personal definition of what a good Resident Evil game has and doesn't have. I am utterly biased in this.

Horror is something Capcom really must get back. I've said this a lot recently, but when have I ever stopped loving reading my own writings long enough not to repeat myself? Capcom got a lot of reviews from Resi Evil 5 that can be boiled down to, 'It was OK, but where was the scary stuff?' Resident Evil as an action series is a small dog in a big park, with a lot of meaner, bigger dogs with bigger teeth and spiked collars walking around, occasionally eating littler dogs. In the horror area, Capcom was pretty much a St Bernard crossed with a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Capcom may need to peek into the action side of things to keep the casual fans, but taking away the horror is taking away what made Resident Evil...well, Resident Evil, and its becoming just another generic action title. Which is fine, if action titles are your thing, but I like games that make me keep a spare pare of underpants on standby.

Comment

If they just made an RE game like RE1, RE2, RE3, RECV or REmake and sold it in a store they would make something called money. Guess its too complicated for them. Honestly I'm f***ing fed up of people reinventing the wheel, someone is out there cleaning up after them and not giving a s***...

Comment

Are you all forgetting Revelations? That game is the first since 0 to TRY and looks to be survival horror again.
          Last edited by Mr. Rod; 06-10-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
            Are you all forgetting Revelations? That game is the first since 0 to TRY and looks to be survival horror again.
            Are you forgetting that none of the above users will buy a 3DS, much less play Revelations outside of watching it play on Youtube?

However, if Revelations delivers on the survival-horror front and it still doesn't sell. Then we can safely say this:

If a game has Resident Evil in a title, it will only sell if its NOT a survival-horror game.

It has to be a shooter for it to sell. Especially one where you run-n-gun.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

i don't care about it being a survival horror game anymore. i'm not a 10 year old child, i don't need to pretend like i 'm scared of a a dog jumping through a window anymore if i don't have that reaction.

what i do want is for each game to just be original and unique to itself.

edit: and be actually exciting, something more than just being average.
              Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 06-10-2011, 02:36 PM.
              Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                Are you forgetting that none of the above users will buy a 3DS, much less play Revelations outside of watching it play on Youtube?
                That has nothing to do with the fact that there IS a survival horror RE finally coming out. If they are not getting the system where this is being released (for whatever reason they choose not to), then that's their own business not Capcom's don't you think?
                Last edited by Mr. Rod; 06-10-2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I dont care if its survival horror at this point, I just want a truly great game, thats well rounded all the way through.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                    That has nothing to do with the fact that there IS a survival horror RE finally coming out. If they are not getting the system where this is being released (for whatever reason they choose not to), then that's their own business not Capcom's don't you think?
                    What do I think?

I think its in Capcom's interest to make sure all of them make it their business to purchase that game.

What do you think?
                    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                    sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt really say Rev looks like its much different than 5. It still looks fairly action horror to me. And its yet to be seen how the partners Park and Jessica will come into play. We've seen Jill alone...but the early footage of 5 showed Chris alone as well. Most people didn't think 5 classified as survival horror due to the coop and the fact that the guns and ammo were in abundance. Perhaps thats just my opinion.
                      sigpic
                      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I haven't forgotten Revelations. I just don't know for sure that'll it'll be any more horror than, say, Darkside Chronicles which they advertised heavily as being horror...and from all accounts, not so much. Or, of course, 'Fear You Can't Forget.' Capcom saying it's a scary game and it actually being a scary game...two different things. If it IS survival horror, awesome. Hope it sells well...especially given how well Mercs is doing for the 3DS. If it blows Mercs out of the water then hopefully Capcom will get an idea.

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                        i don't care about it being a survival horror game anymore. i'm not a 10 year old child, i don't need to pretend like i 'm scared of a a dog jumping through a window anymore if i don't have that reaction.

what i do want is for each game to just be original and unique to itself.

edit: and be actually exciting, something more than just being average.
                        Hmmm...if you pretend (or pretended) to be scared, then you may be playing the wrong genre. I like being scared. I like feeling trepidation about what's around the next corner, what's through the next door. I'm not 10. I also don't pretend to be scared. I know some folks simply don't get scared, regardless, for whatever reason. To some people it's always just a game. Maybe horror games aren't for you?

Comment

Why? We have Dead Space for that now...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
                            I dont care if its survival horror at this point, I just want a truly great game, thats well rounded all the way through.
                            Mostly this, good gameplay and story are much more important to me, but some horror is fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                              Why? We have Dead Space for that now...
                              Would be nice if RE could take the hint...even interviewers compare it to Dead Space negatively, if I recall.

Comment

Working...
                              X