Iwata and Kawata on Resident Evil 3DS Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iwata and Kawata on Resident Evil 3DS Games

Nintendo's Iwata invited Capcom's Kawata, the producer of Resident Evil, to talk on the 2 upcoming Resident Evil 3DS titles: Revelations and Mercenaries for his "Iwata Ask" series.

The discussion focuses mainly on the game design approaches on the 2 games, as well as the philosophy exchanges on the design of the game series.

Iwata Ask

There's a preview article on Resident Evil Revelations over at IGN.
    IGN - Resident Evil Revelations: A Return to Survival Horror

Additionally, there is also an article comparing both Resident Evil titles for the 3DS.

IGN - Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D vs. Resident Evil Revelations
    Last edited by xfactor; 06-24-2011, 09:29 PM.

What a waste of time the Iwata Ask interview, I rather have Iwata interviewing Iwata than this.

Comment

Ah so just to clarify from the Kawata interview Mercs 3D was a rushed product.

Iwata:
      Was making two games part of the plan from the very beginning?

Kawata:
      The plan for Resident Evil: Revelations was moving along first, but we were putting a lot of work into the scenario and other aspects of the game, so it was going to take a long time to complete. However, we wanted to release something soon after the Nintendo 3DS system hit the market, so we started making and testing Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - the game system of which was already pretty much in place. I thought Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D stood above Resident Evil: Revelations when it came to impact rather than fear, and there was a desire to see it become its own product, so it worked out perfectly.

Iwata:
      You chose the genre that would be easier to pour a concentrated amount of content into in a shorter period of time.

Comment

I'm too lazy to read the interview. Anyone want to sum it up for me? XD..
        sigpic

Comment

There really isn't much worthwhile to sum up. It's basically just Kawata talking about his and Capcom's philosphy/ies when it comes to developing games.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
            There really isn't much worthwhile to sum up. It's basically just Kawata talking about his and Capcom's philosphy/ies when it comes to developing games.
            Guess I didn't miss anything! Thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

Gotta love these Iwata Asks interviews. They're always Fun to read and this one's interesting, Thank you ^^

Comment

Working...
              X