X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    Fans complain about IGN review.

Film at 11.

Expecting more content from a glorified minigame being sold at full retail price is perfectly reasonable. Most, if not all, of her points are valid.
    I ain't complaining about that, we all knew it was a glorified mini game, I'm complaining that the review doesn't get into anything other than bitching about the game.

Ya know it used to be older reviews would get into other aspects like are the controls being smooth, fluid, or stiff, how the games music and sound effects are, what gameplay modes are available, or have to be unlocked.

All this does is complain about an over priced minigame that has very little content and it sounds like a bitchy blogger who doesn't like the series to begin with.

Comment

To be fair, she devoted a paragraph to the controls, and there really aren't any game modes to speak of. It's Mercs. What more do you expect? And regarding the sound, from what I've seen and heard, that would only be one more negative to add to the list.

As for her not liking the series to begin with, if you've read any of her other articles regarding Mercs and Revelations, she seems to be fan and is fairly knowledgeable about the series, at least moreso than the average blogger/reviewer.

Not to sound overly defensive about it, I just don't understand what people were expecting. We already know exactly what we're getting with this game. Reviews shouldn't really make much of a difference in this case. The biggest issue isn't whether it's fun or not, but rather if there is enough content to warrant charging a full retail price for the game, and we already pretty much knew there wasn't.
      Last edited by Archelon; 06-28-2011, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        As for her not liking the series to begin with, if you've read any of her other articles regarding Mercs and Revelations, she seems to be fan and is fairly knowledgeable about the series, at least moreso than the average blogger/reviewer.
        Yet still expects a story from Mercs?
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Mine came in today...my case is number 195. Playing the Rev demo first...have to say...I hope they improve it by release. Controls are a bit clunky...and I had fun trying to open a locker when Jill wanted to open the door next to it instead. I wasn't even looking at the door, yet she kept kicking it open anyway. And the scripted event...I lol'd as I just stood in the stairwell and watched the monster holding the guy while he grunted, just waiting for me to come close enough so they would actually kill him. All in all....short and only slightly amusing. I wasn't a fan of LiN. I'll give Mercs a try and see how it fairs.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
            Yet still expects a story from Mercs?
            While I would say you're right about expecting a story, I still think it's fair to expect something more akin to a campaign mode to help beef up the title rather than just a handful of missions.

Comment

I suppose they could have crammed in a Capcom Vs Marvel 3 level of story, even if it's fairly nonsensical. Or, as Archelon mentions, some kind of Campaign mode. The game really feels very bare bones, at least to me.

Comment

Mad Jackal had the best story...
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X