No announcement yet.

Biohazard Revival Selection Debut Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predict that RE4 HD will outsell CVX HD by a ratio of at least 100:1, which is a shame.
    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
      Uh... no.
      No amount of fake bloom and HDR can make up for the lack of real time lighting. Models in PC version (especially enemies) still are lower-poly and even high-res textures can't hide that. And let's not even talk about cut-scenes.

The RE4 HD looks much better; hell, even GC/Wii version run on Dolphin emulator looks better than PC version.
      your dreaming man XD

Comment

Are you blind, dude? I mean that in the nicest way possible, but you really need to get your eyes checked. Just because it looks better to you doesn't mean it looks better. You have to be blind to not see that the PS2/PC version is a lot muddier-looking. The lack of real-time lighting really is bad. And the prerendered FMVs look awful.

Comment

pc version looks the best end of story.

Comment

Again, this isn't even about opinions. It's a fact that RE4 HD looks better than the PC version. FACT.

Comment

not at all pc version is better FACT FACT.

Comment

I think the mere fact that the fan community had to create graphic and texture modifications for the PC version speaks highly of how poor the original release graphics were.

If you take the game, add the packs for better lighting, higher graphics textures, and general improvements - then maybe the PC version is the best looking one. But it shouldn't take the fanbase to fix what should have been done in the first place.

Capcom learnt their lesson from this for future titles, making sure their framework engine could be used for better PC platform releases (which is why DMC4 and RE5 enjoyed such decent visuals and operational running options).

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                  not at all pc version is better FACT FACT.
                  As Rombie said, it took the fans, not Capcom, the fans to make a custom patch. That's how bad it was. And even then, the only thing I can think makes it "better" is that it's moddable. The Wii controls are way more intuitive, without the mod patches for textures the game looks like shit, the sound quality is compressed like the PS2 version (to my knowledge, as it was a PS2 port)... The only, only redeeming thing is that you can mod it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    You actually took my words seriously?

Someone made a mistake...I think its time to erase that mistake.

Comment

Promoted to executive, congratulations. I remember when I was a young executive for this company. I used to call the old man funny names. "Iron Butt." "Boner." Once I even called him..."asshole." But there was always respect. I always knew where the line was drawn.

And you just stepped over it, buddy-boy. You've insulted me. And you've insulted this company with that bastard creation of yours.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

I wonder if they'll be eventually implementing Move support for RE4. If they do that then this will become the definitive version of RE4, even trumping the Wii version.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

this kind of shows the difference amongst all the versions of RE4

PC version is laughably terribad

Comment

Christ, the night sections for the PC version are especially poor. Look at the sky, there's no life in it. I like how the GC version seems to have better lighting effects but the PS2 version has this strange murky effect, which actually adds to the atmosphere somewhat.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
                              PC version is laughably terribad
                              This is a pre-patch version, released in Asia and Europe. With US release a patch was released that fixed the lighting. Right now (without mods installed), the game looks just like PS2 version, only in high resolution.

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                              Christ, the night sections for the PC version are especially poor. Look at the sky, there's no life in it.
                              The worst looking section was Salazar's Castle, though. Without the proper lighting, most walls were really bright, almost white. It really ruined the atmosphere. And Saddler's Throne Room...

Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 07-03-2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Dear god, the lack of any proper lighting really kills the atmosphere. Why is everything so white?
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X