NECA Making Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Figurines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NECA Making Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Figurines

It seems Neca is now back to creating figurines for the Resident Evil series. According to an article which features a tour of the studio, it has been confirmed that Neca will be making figurines for Operation Raccoon City.

They are also holding a contest where 2 lucky readers will get to win the Japanese version of RE5's Executioner figurine (the only way to get them in Japan is through Capcom and Sony as a promo for the Blu-ray and DVD release of Resident Evil: Afterlife).

Credit goes to veronesis for the news.
    Check out the link for a couple of photos of the WIP.
    figures.com

Hmm, chance for a NECA Leon and Claire hopefully. Even better that they'll be in RE2 gear. If they make them...
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Kyle, you crazy collector

Comment

Someone asked that on their Twitter page
        no new Leon I'm afraid. The game producers only want figures of the new squad characters.

Comment

Ah that sucks, a new leon and claire figure would have been nice, but ahwell. Will be interesting so see if they come out with any of the monsters from the game as well.

Comment

That Vector figure does look pretty damn cool.. * .*
            sigpic

Comment

I've got my NECA figure of HUNK. I'm content with that.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                I've got my NECA figure of HUNK. I'm content with that.
                Yeah, I'm kind of annoyed I missed out on that one. I picked up the HUNK one (at a store called Spencer's ironically enough), and put it back down. It was a few more dollars than I wanted to spend that day. A Hot Toys HUNK would be awesome...Think of what they could do with that.

I want that Vector one to be able to do the camoflauge technique! *whoosh* Where my toy go?! *whoosh* Oh, there he be!
                sigpic

Comment

Hunk has been re-released

Toys”R”Us is the leading kids store for all toys, video games, dolls, action figures, learning games, building blocks and more. C'mon, Let's Play!

Comment

The entire 10th Anniversary line was re-released. I passed on the Hunter (looks goofy), Hunk (Skinny and odd looking) and Crimson Head (because same as lab zombie and mansion zombie).
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Those re-releases were also slightly bigger if I remember right.

There was something different about them because I remember comparing my original Chris to the second generation one...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                        I want that Vector one to be able to do the camoflauge technique! *whoosh* Where my toy go?! *whoosh* Oh, there he be!
                        They will most likely make a translucent version of Vector for a variant.

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                        Those re-releases were also slightly bigger if I remember right.

There was something different about them because I remember comparing my original Chris to the second generation one...
                        Nothing much really, other than a fresh coat of paint which was a bit more detailed. Than of course, there was the Jill variant with a black outfit. I'm glad to see they're making these, but I really wished they would have made a second series to the RE5 line. No Wesker or reaper for me
                        Last edited by REmaster; 07-03-2011, 02:31 AM.
                        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                          They will most likely make a translucent version of Vector for a variant.
                          That is true. I forgot how NECA quite likes their variants. The only thing that annoys me about those is people freak out over some of them, and in all truth, is a clear Vector figure that exciting? Granted it will be worth more money (pending you leave it in the box), but it's just a clear piece of plastic. To me, it's just a lazy rendering of the original.

[Clear plastic = Much cheaper/Easier to make than painted plastic with all the details.]

...However, me personally, I would probably just get both so I can definitely have some whoosh action going on...*gasp* Where Vector go?!
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm still keeping my HUNK figure.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

Vector will have 25+ POA

NECA is considering re-releasing some of the RE4 figures in a best of collection later this year especially w the HD version coming.

Left 4 Dead figures coming from them as well

Comment

Working...
                              X