Capcom Announces Biohazard 15th Anniversary Box Set For PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom Announces Biohazard 15th Anniversary Box Set For PS3

Capcom have just announced a Biohazard 15th anniversary box set for the PS3.

The 7,800 yen ($96) Resident Evil 15th Anniversary Box Set includes:
    - Resident Evil: Director’s Cut (PS1)
    - Resident Evil 2 (PS1)
    - Resident Evil 3 (PS1)
    - Resident Evil: Revival Selection (PS3)
    - Resident Evil: Code Veronica soundtrack
    - Resident Evil 4 soundtrack
    - 15th anniversary pins & stickers
    - a spacer for Resident Evil 5 or Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

As you can see, Resident Evil 5 is not included in the package. Aside from Resident Evil: Revival Selection, a Blu-ray disc with HD ports of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, all of the games are reprints with new labels. The first three titles are actually PsOne discs, which are PlayStation 3 compatible.
    The Resident Evil 15th Anniversary Box Set will be available on September 8

Source: Siliconera
    Last edited by xfactor; 07-09-2011, 05:50 AM.

Damn... at times like these i wished i was in Japan and knew japanese.

Comment

Me: What's a RE5 "spacer"?
      Mr. Spencer: I don't know.... An empty space for RE5?
      Me: Hmmm.... Oh wow. It is.
      Mr. Spencer: Really!? I didn't even know. I just made that up.
      Me: You thought like Capcom!

Comment

It's true, I was fucking around and making an outrageous claim about Capcom being really lazy, was not expecting it to be true though.
        See you in hell.

Comment

So this is only via E-Capcom right? As in it wont be on like Play-Asia or other sites to buy??

Comment

True though innit. Capcom must be one of the only companys who could take something like a placeholder and turn it into something martketable.

Comment

I will buy, in fact I preordered it today but the content is a little disappointing.

Comment

Never doubt Capcom's laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
                  I will buy, in fact I preordered it today but the content is a little disappointing.
                  Anything With RE2 is never dissapointing

Comment

Nice bit of kit, if you don't already own most of those games. The price is a bit harsh - I bet I could assemble those same games for a lot less. Sure, they wouldn't all run on a Ps3 but...well, not if you don't have one of the older PS3's.

The RE5 thing is kinda genius, I gotta admit. 'Here's a space for your own copy of RE5! What, you don't own it already? Then go buy it to complete the set!'

Comment

Wait, wait, is there some way that PS1 discs can be formatted to work on a PS3 not utilizing the backwards compatibility? How will these discs work on the PS3 Slim (obviously not backwards compatible) compared to a regular, 1996 copy of Resident Evil 1?

I just don't see how they can assume that players will be able to either get a hold of an older model PS3 or a PS1/PS2...But then again, I realize the concern of its fanbase is not Capcom's overall concern.

As for the item itself...It's really just 'meh' to me. There is nothing really cool about it aside from all your games are in one nice little package. I am content with my Gamecube ports. I say "Good day, Capcom!"
                      sigpic

Comment

2011 freshly pressed PS1 discs. Fucking tasty! The price is a bit rape though.

Instead of the previously released soundtracks they should have put in a DVD with an extensive trailers and ads selection, interviews with devs, and whatnot.
                        lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                          Wait, wait, is there some way that PS1 discs can be formatted to work on a PS3 not utilizing the backwards compatibility? How will these discs work on the PS3 Slim (obviously not backwards compatible) compared to a regular, 1996 copy of Resident Evil 1?
                          The PS3 Slim can still play PS1 games. It's just PS2 games that aren't compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                            The PS3 Slim can still play PS1 games. It's just PS2 games that aren't compatible.
                            Wow, I must have been living under a rock. I seriously did not know those slim models had that capability. Very interesting to know should my Metal Gear Solid Edition PS3 crap out on me. (I actually hate MGS, but it was the last one in my area with backwards compatibility).
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              The RE5 thing is kinda genius, I gotta admit. 'Here's a space for your own copy of RE5! What, you don't own it already? Then go buy it to complete the set!'
                              Yes, I admit, it certainly was a genius move. 'Don't have RE5? Don't bother! We left an empty space because it doesn't belong in the RE universe. This space is for Resident Evil 1.5, when it leaks on the net.'

Awesome move Capcom!
                              Last edited by RetroRain; 07-09-2011, 01:18 PM.
                              My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                              ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Working...
                              X