Capcom Announces Biohazard 15th Anniversary Box Set For PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
    Yes, I admit, it certainly was a genius move. 'Don't have RE5? Don't bother! We left an empty space because it doesn't belong in the RE universe. This space is for Resident Evil 1.5, when it leaks on the net.'

Awesome move Capcom!
    Comments like this are very entertaining. Everyone at Capcom (especially Hideki Kamiya, the writer and director of 1.5) thought 1.5 was a piece of shit.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      Comments like this are very entertaining. Everyone at Capcom (especially Hideki Kamiya, the writer and director of 1.5) thought 1.5 was a piece of shit.
      I think that in the end the only way to satisfy the curiosity is to release it and let the gamers make their decision.

There was a lot of interesting stuff from 1.5 that didn't get added into the series until later though.

Interactive backgrounds(RE3-RE5
      Kevlar vest (RE4-RE5)
      Grenades(RE4-RE5)
      Zombies with different body types, attack speeds(RE3-RE5)

Comment

My birthday is September 30th, so this will make a damn good B-day present to myself
        I really like the design of the box covers, with the old and tattered s.t.a.r.s. emblem.
        Last edited by REmaster; 07-09-2011, 04:30 PM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

This comes out the day before my birthday....damn.

Too bad it's japan only.

I would import, but I don't have a japanese PS3, and I can't read Japanese or even understand it in a spoken context...so that would suck majorly.

Comment

The PS3 is region free.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
              The PS3 is region free.
              But you wouldn't be able to play the PSone discs.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                But you wouldn't be able to play the PSone discs.
                The PS3 Slim can still play PS1 games. It's just PS2 games that aren't compatible.
                Last edited by LeigiBoy; 07-09-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                  My birthday is September 30th, so this will make a damn good B-day present to myself
                  I really like the design of the box covers, with the old and tattered s.t.a.r.s. emblem.
                  I wonder if you can insert the stars emblem into the side of the box and unlock a secret costume?

Comment

The PS3 is region free.
                    Oh, this is good to know. Now if only this game has some form of english translation selection in the games (I doubt this though). I mean playing it in Japanese wouldn't kill it, but I do like to read the notes.

Comment

I think that PSOne games ARE NOT region free though - it's only PS3 games.
                      I don't know, I can't test it. I have a Japanese PS3
                      Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 07-09-2011, 09:00 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                        I tried to play Biohazard 1 on my PS3 and it wouldn't work
                        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

The psOne and ps2 are not region free when playing games, even on a BC system. Only the ps3 discs are region free, which is kind of a bummer, but I'm gonna get this anyway.

Comment

I have a Japanese PS2 and Japanese PS1 so I think I'll buy this.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by LeigiBoy View Post
                              What's up with this smartass smile? What I said was CORRECT. Someone said the PS3 is region free and my response was that the PS1 games still won't work.

You assumed I meant that it's because the PS3 can't play PS1 disc games? No, I was referring to JP psnone discs NOT working on North American PS3s. Unless Capcom prints RE1-3 as region free, the discs won't work when you import it. Only the PS3 game disc of the collection will play.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                                It's not. I thought the region locks on the PS3 was common knowledge now considering the console has been out for 4.5 years?

PS3 region support:
                                PS1 disc games- region locked
                                ps2 disc games - region locked even with BC system
                                dvd movies- region locked
                                ps3 games- region free and should always work if you play on HD television.
                                psone PSN titles ARE region free but you may not be able to play the game due to NTSC/PAL reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X