No announcement yet.

Capcom Announces Biohazard 15th Anniversary Box Set For PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already have the PS1 games on the PSN store.. Will just get the PS3 HD part separately.. Not interested in a "STARS confidential" box..

Comment

How do the PSN versions compare to other ports? I've been looking to consolidate my games onto one system, but I wasn't sure if I should even bother with downloading them off PSN.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        How do the PSN versions compare to other ports? I've been looking to consolidate my games onto one system, but I wasn't sure if I should even bother with downloading them off PSN.
        Aside from also having it portable and not needing a disc, I'd say it's worth the space. Though, I prefer the original RE over the Director's Cut.

Not to mention it's only $5 each? At least it was when I bought them a while back.
        REALDEMO

Comment

But there's no difference between the PSN releases and the original disc versions, right?

Comment

But there's no difference between the PSN releases and the original disc versions, right?
            Negative.

Also, can someone show me how to go about ordering this?
            I clicked on the link "Go to e-capcom for ordering instructions", unfortunately it didn't help much because I can't read Japanese.

Thanx.
            Last edited by REmaster; 07-12-2011, 06:06 PM.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
              Negative.

Also, can someone show me how to go about ordering this?
              I clicked on the link "Go to e-capcom for ordering instructions", unfortunately it didn't help much because I can't read Japanese.

Thanx.
              You can't unless you have an address in Japan.

You can use a deputy service such as shoppingmalljapan.com or others to place the order. Stay alert! Fees apply.

Else wait for eBay or maybe play-asia.
              lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                You can't unless you have an address in Japan.

You can use a deputy service such as shoppingmalljapan.com or others to place the order. Stay alert! Fees apply.

Else wait for eBay or maybe play-asia.
                Ah I see, thanks Anders
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I find the PSN ports excellent and well worth the price. The only difference is the in-game manual which you can bring up through the PS3 menu, I guess that's no bad thing. The timing for the games (game completion time etc) seems to be the same too. You also don't need a CD which these days is something I expect of all my games.

Comment

They are nearly 1:1 copies but the PSN versions have blurry visuals and slightly more compressed audio. Almost like the PS smoothing filter is already applied. I really hate that filter. Check out my RE2 playthrough on youtube. The first five parts of that are from the PSN version and the remaining parts are of the actual disc and the visuals are much sharper and defined.

The disc yields the best audio and video presentation.
                    Last edited by Zombie_X; 07-12-2011, 10:50 PM.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
                      AND WHAT WILL THE REST OF THE WORLD GET???

HA! I just watched this for the first time in like....12 years. Forgot how much fun the film is...though Michael Richards is hard to see as anything but incredibly creepy now.

Comment

CDJapan has it open for orders

they'll order it for you from another japanese online retailer apparently, just fill out the form if you want yours lol. I'm saving up for mine =D going to take a while though :]

EDIT : Just checked that Yesasia has it too - http://www.yesasia.com/global/biohaz...0-en/info.html

For those UK importers like myself, avoid Play asia for PS3 releases, since I'm pretty sure they don't ship there :S
                        Last edited by Agito; 07-13-2011, 04:48 PM.

Comment

People have already mentioned manuals and all that jazz.

Zombie_X brings up the finer details, though.

The thing is, the disc games will usually run on some standard/default configuration of the PS1 backwards compatibility mode (and with whatever's the latest revision of it). The PSN games appears to be locked to a specific build of the PS1 emulator and with a specific configuration for that game. This makes some games have noticeable differences between their retail and PSN counterparts.

Not sure how they handle games with CDDA these days, but in general; the data in the PSN versions are 1:1 ISOs of the original discs (usually compressed).

Comment

All those re releases and still no outbreak ... capcom get your fingers out.
                            Last edited by rehunk88; 07-15-2011, 03:06 AM.

Comment

For everyone who cant get this, don't feel bad..the 16th anniversary edition series will be so much better!

Comment

I'm Suprised Capcom even cared about RE 1,2 and 3 enough to actually rerelease them on NEW PS1 cd's.Never the less its a nice collection.

im gonna pass on this bundle because I already own all the games.Doesn't really make any sense for me to buy the same games I already own because of new cover arts and stickers.
                                sigpic
                                www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Working...
                                X