RE Revelations New Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
    What with the hair and the male genitalia...

But he should have said: "Remember me?"
    To characters he never knew. But people would still lap that shit up like dogs hahaha.

P.S. Krauser never died in a helicopter crash. That's made up (it's just an "accident" which could be him accidentally microwaving a metal spoon for all we know). That isn't Marcus in BH0 either; it's the Queen Leech.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      P.S. Krauser never died in a helicopter crash. That's made up (it's just an "accident" which could be him accidentally microwaving a metal spoon for all we know). That isn't Marcus in BH0 either; it's the Queen Leech.
      And? They still "died" yet "appeared" in later Resident Evil games - that's the point Four Eyes is making, that apparent death doesn't mean you won't see a character again.
      Last edited by Stu; 07-22-2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Four Eyes View Post
        ...This is Resident Evil we're talking about. Characters being brought back from death/presumed death isn't a new plot device. The running list I can name off the top of my head:

*Marcus during 0.

*Ada in 2.

*Wesker coming back in Code

*Krauser in 4

*Jill in 5.
        But they all died and came back in the same game, except for Wesker, while Steve has been dead for years now, he was infected by the T-Veronica virus, got rammed by a giant tentacle and Wesker got his body. Even if he was alive after all that, how would he still be human looking or hwo did escaped Wesker?

Also, I doubt they'd put Steve in a game but not Claire.

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
          But they all died and came back in the same game, except for Wesker, while Steve has been dead for years now, he was infected by the T-Veronica virus, got rammed by a giant tentacle and Wesker got his body. Even if he was alive after all that, how would he still be human looking or hwo did escaped Wesker?

Also, I doubt they'd put Steve in a game but not Claire.
          True, that would be weird. *shrugs*

It's a random crack theory. With Capcom most, if not all, random crack theories leading up to the release of a game are what is called "Jossed" on TvTropes. They're disproved during the course of the game.

Don't invest too much into a theory, then declare the game sucks because a random theory is incorrect. (Which seems to happen with some people on other forums when talking about RE5 having "tube girl" be Jill instead of Sherry.)
          Revelations has a plot with twists everywhere. Way to go, Capcom, you successfully pulled off a mind-screw plotline.

Comment

Originally posted by Four Eyes View Post
            Don't invest too much into a theory, then declare the game sucks because a random theory is incorrect. (Which seems to happen with some people on other forums when talking about RE5 having "tube girl" be Jill instead of Sherry.)
            If that had been Sherry it would have made the games story more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
              If that had been Sherry it would have made the games story more interesting.
              True.

Any of the newer games having characters who haven't shown up recently and could have plot potential could add to the plot and cause interesting twists and turns. Nicholai, Carlos, Sherry, Ada, HUNK (here's to hoping he's in Revelations), etc. could all be used to add to the plot.

Conversely, it can be argued that constantly recurring characters didn't add much to the plot. The Uroboros plot of 5 didn't need Wesker as a catalyst. (It's out of left field, without any reasonable foreshadowing, IMO.) The plot of 4 didn't need Leon specifically, since it wasn't like the government was expecting Las Plagas.

So, back to Revelations... I'm loving the music so far.
              Revelations has a plot with twists everywhere. Way to go, Capcom, you successfully pulled off a mind-screw plotline.

Comment

Actually what would have made RE5 all the more interesting would be if Wesker had Sherry, Jill, and Ada under his mind control parasite thingy.

Sherry should have been Wesker's God daughter anyways since he and Birkin were co-horts...course this does mean Annette would have had to have been a more evil character in RE2.

Comment

I'm telling you, Nicholai living on a private island like Scaramanga from The Man with the Golden Gun, pulling off multi-million dollar assassinations and living a life of luxury from all the megabucks he earned from Raccoon City. I reckon he's out there at large.

He could be working for some dictator who wants to raise an army of ganado or something using Las Plagas, with Nicholai acting like Bennett from Commando and goading Carlos into a knife fight, except he's also got Jill hostage or some crap like that.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    I'm telling you, Nicholai living on a private island like Scaramanga from The Man with the Golden Gun, pulling off multi-million dollar assassinations and living a life of luxury from all the megabucks he earned from Raccoon City. I reckon he's out there at large.

He could be working for some dictator who wants to raise an army of ganado or something using Las Plagas, with Nicholai acting like Bennett from Commando and goading Carlos into a knife fight, except he's also got Jill hostage or some crap like that.
                    Yay! Another random crack theory! So far, we've got: the redhead is Steve and Nicholai is behind it all, a la The Man With the Golden Gun. Either way would somewhat tie it in to the other games (other than Chris, Jill, and the BSAA)... So Capcom probably won't do that.
                    Last edited by Four Eyes; 07-23-2011, 12:12 AM.

Comment

My theory actually makes the most sense out of all these retarded Steve Burnside speculations.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

A knife fight against Nicholai? Carlos has no chance.

Comment

Here's another crack theory, due to the one Hell's Descent thread with the leaked info:

Parker used to be a bioterrorist/researcher. Redhead seems to know him. Parker feigned ignorance of who Redhead was because Jill was there. He seems adamant that their line was jacked when they try to contact HQ but couldn't, even when Jill notes that the storm probably took out communications. (Maybe that's part of Redhead's modus operandi?)

After they end up in an Arklay Mansion lookalike on the ship, Parker says that they should split up. This can be seen as a callback to the original Resident Evil, with Barry splitting up with Jill. (I've interpreted Barry going off on his own during the REmake to find Wesker so Barry can check in on his family, to make sure Wesker hadn't already murdered them.) He could be trying to find Redhead before Jill finds out what's going on.

Alternatively, Parker knows Redhead from prior missions and knows that the guy is a major threat to them. (That begs the question of why he would keep that a secret from Jill, who's one of the Original Eleven and who fought the Nemesis many times without becoming a bloody corpse.)

Comment

Unless Parker is a traitor.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

Unless Parker is a traitor.
                              That would be interesting. If he turned out to be a traitor, that didn't switch back like Barry did at the end, I'd have a newfound respect for Capcom taking somewhat reasonable chances.

Also, I think Redhead failed Kidnapping for Minor Villains 101, again using the Hell's Descent thread and the posted video as a baseline. He knocks Jill out with a tranq. dart when she's alone. Then he drags her to a bedroom and locks her inside. (How he manages this without getting attacked by the squid creatures is another question entirely, since she'd dead weight at that point.)

Later, he tries to kidnap Jill. He doesn't bother with the tranq. darts. (Did he run out? Is it because she'd be dead weight again? Does he think Parker will ignore how he's going to use Jill as a human shield and try to shoot him anyway? Etc.?) After Jill kicks him in the face, he starts shooting at them. Why the hell did he not steal Jill's weapons earlier? Why didn't he kidnap her earlier if that's what he needed to do? If he was going to kill her, why didn't he do it when she was passed out? Why did he identify her with a flashlight, despite how he should know what she looks like by that point?
                              Last edited by Four Eyes; 07-23-2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I'm fascinated by those creatures, I wonder what they are exactly.
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X