No announcement yet.

RE Revelations New Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree Umbrella died completely with Spencers death.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
      I agree Umbrella died completely with Spencers death.
      Revelations is before 5, though.
      Revelations has a plot with twists everywhere. Way to go, Capcom, you successfully pulled off a mind-screw plotline.

Comment

Since they may be aiming to build up Alex Wesker or another villain, it may have him seizing some of Spencer's assets to start creating whatever the hell it is Alex is trying to do. Global domination, I suppose, since that seems to be what most of the villains want these days.

Comment

I think that originally Wesker's intention was to rebuild Umbrella in his own image, despite that niggling thought in the back of his mind to track down Spencer. In the end I reckon he decided to go ahead and do that, which Spencer had planned from the very beginning.

Also, Umbrella was long gone before Spencer's death. They went into liquidation in March 2004 after they lost the court battle, though at that point Spencer had disappeared. Hell, he had vanished even before then. He knew where Umbrella was going.
          See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Four Eyes View Post
            I thought that Alex betrayed Spencer...

Great, now a wild theory is forming in my head: That Alex him/herself decided to set this all up in an attempt to test Jill before informing her of what's going on.
            Not until 2006.
            "I've got 100 cows."
            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

I think Capcom will show Alex Wesker only in a numbered game (RE6?) since he was introducted in RE5, if they don't forget about him, what wouldn't be surprising since plot points like Sherry and the Organization have been forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                Not until 2006.
                Maybe s/he was planning it for a long time? Alex made thousands of test subjects, the researchers, all the research notes, and the final product disappear, along with him/herself. That would take quite a bit of planning, particularly since Alex was in close contact with Spencer and s/he would have to make sure Spencer didn't suspect anything until s/he disappeared.

I'm hoping that's not Alex's motive, Darkmoon. I could see them doing it the first few times around with Alexia, Spencer, and Albert Wesker, but if Alex does it... I find the world domination bit to be cliched if used more than a few times in a given series. Logistically nearly impossible to pull off and the plan tends to fall under "Not Really Thought Out At All."
                Revelations has a plot with twists everywhere. Way to go, Capcom, you successfully pulled off a mind-screw plotline.

Comment

You know, I was reading the files in Lost in Nightmares the other day, and if I recall correctly, Alex Wesker disappeared in early 2006 (no specific date is given). We know Revelations takes place in late 2005 (but again, no specific date), but what if it continues over into 2006, and Alex's disappearance was actually due to Chris and Jill discovering his island and his plans and putting a stop to them and him? That could also be the "reliable source" from which they learned Spencer's location.
                  Last edited by Archelon; 07-27-2011, 10:11 AM.

Comment

^Speaking about the guy wearing the gas mask, Capcom USA said they'll reveal more in August (Gamescon).
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                      You know, I was reading the files in Lost in Nightmares the other day, and if I recall correctly, Alex Wesker disappeared in early 2006 (no specific date is given). We know Revelations takes place in late 2005 (but again, no specific date), but what if it continues over into 2006, and Alex's disappearance was actually due to Chris and Jill discovering his island and his plans and putting a stop to them and him? That could also be the "reliable source" from which they learned Spencer's location.
                      Yes this is the only logical plot line if Alex Wesker is to be included though I really don't think he will.

Interestingly enough however, in the recent DC Douglas interview when he was asked if Wesker could return in some form he answered 'Alex Wesker'.

Now either he's been doing his research or something is up. I'm surprised he'd even heard of Alex Wesker.
                      "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Well, apparently, one of the Capcom guys at SDCC said that Albert Wesker would be playing a key role in both Operation Raccoon City and Revelations, but he would not say in what capacity. So I suppose there's that.

Comment

They didn't confirm it, they just didn't deny it. They said Raccoon City would feature a lot of Umbrella and that Revelations would feature 'classic' Resident Evil enemies. The compare joked that they just confirmed Wesker then and the panel laughed.

Personally I hope they keep Wesker well away from Raccoon City, it's crowded enough as it is and I cannot see what his role would be considering the whole point of sending in Ada was so that he could remain behind the scenes in his 'dead man' role.

I would welcome a behind-the-scenes role in Revelations though.
                          Last edited by TheBatMan; 07-27-2011, 11:48 AM.
                          "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

I agree Wesker shouldnt be in ORC, at least not in the city.

But i really want a cameo in Revelations.
                            Last edited by Vito; 07-27-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                              *checks the LiN files*

It never gives a year, but Spencer says that it's been a year since Alex started in Memoir 3 without success. Then Alex finishes his research and disappears. Spencer mentions Patrick being his servant, so I started looking through those files.

Patrick's Memoirs don't give a year, but they mention that Spencer is more withdrawn from everyone at the point that they're written (after Alex vanished, maybe?). The final one mentions that he's given orders to give Albert information about Spencer's location without making it look like Spencer's doing it. Patrick contacts Irving for the job and mentions Ada. (Problem: Irving can't have been the one to have given the BSAA the information, due to RE5...)

Also, in Memoir 2, Spencer mentions the South Seas. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Sea It refers to Oceania, parts of the Pacific Ocean, etc. But, since he lives in mainland Europe, it may be the Mediterranean Sea that he's talking about. Hard to tell and it's all conjecture.

Here's some transcriptions of the relevant files:

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                                ^Speaking about the guy wearing the gas mask, Capcom USA said they'll reveal more in August (Gamescon).
                                Please hunk and not chris hidding or some shit XD

Comment

Working...
                                X