Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Resident Evil 4 looks pretty crisp and neat, but CODE: Veronica's new lighting give the game a really new and awesome atmosphere.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

If HD means giving games more bright, changing the resolution with the same shitty graphics of Dreamcast and removing sharpness of the old versions to make promos talking about it's better, then yeah, it's HD.

Comment

Well each to their own then I guess.

Capcom have truly shot themselves in the foot with pricing though. 1600 points on XBLA or £15.99 on PSN.... That's absolutely crazy...

That's each btw...
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
        1600 points on XBLA or £15.99 on PSN.... That's absolutely crazy...

That's each btw...
        Bwahahaha! Oh, wait, you're serious? Capcom really expects us to pay that much for games that are, if memory serves, 12 and 8 years old now? Despite the fact that RE5 can be bought for a whole load less?

BWAHAHAHAHAAA!

Comment

Umm, £15.99 usually equivocates to about $19.99 on the PSN. I cannot fathom $20 for CODE: Veronica; maybe Resident Evil 4 if I actually liked the game (Not a Leon fan, hated Ashley, wasn't too wild over the story).

The quality does look good though, but again, I can't see more than $10 for either of these titles, and the lure of trophies just isn't enough for someone like me. For $20 I want the ability to play through as Wesker and Thrustpunch Steve as many times as I want.

They could have at least edited him out...
          sigpic

Comment

20 bucks each? Fuck them.

Ill buy them if they werent DD.

Comment

I still think resident evil 4 looks all the same

but on the other hand code veronica looks more sharper and more colorfull

but im dissapointed in re 4

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                20 bucks each? Fuck them.

Ill buy them if they werent DD.
                Yup same here. I'll wait to the eventual bundle pack either PSN or XBLA. I'm an achievo whore, but I'm not shelling 40 bucks on games that I already own if it's not a physical release.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

20 bucks HAHHAHA what the hell

money greedy bastards !....

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                    1600 points on XBLA or £15.99 on PSN....
                    WTF is wrong with Capcom Europe, they keep raising the price of PSN versions well above the XBLA price.

1600 points = £11.40 in points from most retailers, even using the dashboard with jacked up prices it is still £13 or so. They did the same with BC:R2 and SSFIV AE DLC. Jacking up the PSN price.

I though importing the games on disc was a bit pricey for what they are, turns out I'm not really paying much extra.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Capcom thinks this is budget pricing? lol. And the fact they haven't said anything about it confirms that the PS3 version has DRM. They can go eat shit.

Comment

Considering my first playthrough of Dreamcast's $50 RE:CV took me 7+ hours, a $20 HD version is nothing. The same applies to my 20+ hour first playthrough of RE4 as well.

As RE fans, is the price for the two really that outrageous? $40 is generally the same price tag for any other RE bundle Capcom has put out. Remember 'The Resident Evil 10th Anniversary Collection' on October 24 2006? It offered Resident Evil (the remake), Resident Evil Zero, and Resident Evil 4 together for $39.99.

There was also the American exclusive 'Pure Evil' GC bundle - which contained RE0 and REmake - and if I'm remembering right, I saw that being sold in the range of $29.99 to $39.99.

As a consumer, yes, anyone would complain that $40 is a bit much, but in comparison to the other $$$ bundles: it's just a broken record. The big difference between this and the others though; these two classics are being presented in full, widescreen-lovin' High Definition. Not to mention the other features that caters to other demographics (achievements, no disc if you get the digital version, etc).

The other bundles were untouched, but with the same price range. All things considered, this is actually the first bundle price I agree with (or at the very least, understand).
                        Last edited by let me live; 07-27-2011, 08:11 PM.
                        REALDEMO

Comment

$20 for CVX isn't that bad because it looks a ton better now. One the other hand RE4 looks like it's PC counterpart now (resolution wise). I'll just buy the 15th Anniversary set and be done with it.
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Im importing the PS3 version. It would bother the fuck out of me if i didnt have the physical release. Thank god ps3s arent region locked
                            PSN Gamercards

Comment

Originally posted by let me live View Post
                              Considering my first playthrough of Dreamcast's $50 RE:CV took me 7+ hours, a $20 HD version is nothing. The same applies to my 20+ hour first playthrough of RE4 as well.

As RE fans, is the price for the two really that outrageous? $40 is generally the same price tag for any other RE bundle Capcom has put out. Remember 'The Resident Evil 10th Anniversary Collection' on October 24 2006? It offered Resident Evil (the remake), Resident Evil Zero, and Resident Evil 4 together for $39.99.

There was also the American exclusive 'Pure Evil' GC bundle - which contained RE0 and REmake - and if I'm remembering right, I saw that being sold in the range of $29.99 to $39.99.

As a consumer, yes, anyone would complain that $40 is a bit much, but in comparison to the other $$$ bundles: it's just a broken record. The big difference between this and the others though; these two classics are being presented in full, widescreen-lovin' High Definition. Not to mention the other features that caters to other demographics (achievements, no disc if you get the digital version, etc).

The other bundles were untouched, but with the same price range. All things considered, this is actually the first bundle price I agree with (or at the very least, understand).

A number of reasons this is bad

- Look at pricing of other last gen HD ports, Capcom cost more per game (double the price in some cases)
                              - These are not as new as some of those last gen bundles you list, the value has dropped heavily.
                              - These are not disc releases
                              - Since Capcom are keeping quite they probably have that 24/7 online DRM
                              - The reason they are not disc release according to Capcom is to save costs, yet still charge significantly more for digital only (no needing please retailers by pricing higher digitally) than other companies do at retail.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                              X