Resident Evil Revelations Gamescom Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Revelations Gamescom Video

Biohazardfrance have uploaded some new Resident Evil Revelations videos on youtube from Gamescom 2011.

Trailer
    Gameplay Video
    Gameplay Video 2

Click here for press release, new artworks and screenshots
    Last edited by xfactor; 08-16-2011, 09:34 AM.

Press Release
    Revealing a brand new storyline, characters and locations for the Resident Evil™ series, Resident Evil™ Revelations delivers an exceptional survival horror experience. Built
    from the ground up to take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS features, Resident Evil Revelations delivers outstanding visuals that bring the fear to life. The touch screen allows for
    easy switching between weapons, the analyzing of evidence and puzzle solving. Players can also adapt their shooting style with the ability to quickly alternate between the fi rst
    and third person shooter views with the 3DS controls.
    Jill Valentine and BSAA partner Parker Luciani have been sent to search for Chris Redfi eld, whose last known GPS data positions him as being onboard a supposedly abandoned
    cruise ship. Far from being empty, danger hides around every corner as Jill and Parker explore the confi ned space of the ship and must face a menacing new enemy and virus; the
    T-Abyss. Adding a new unique horror setting to the series players will venture underwater as they try to escape the terrifying creatures roaming the ship.
    Meanwhile, unknown to Jill and Parker, Chris Redfi eld and new female BSAA agent Jessica Sherawat trek through the mountains and uncover information about Veltro, a terrorist
    organization. The pair must work together to fi ght off hordes of infected creatures and prevent further terror; but will they discover the truth about Veltro in time? With more
    characters, enemies and conspiracies still to be unveiled, Resident Evil Revelations promises an authentic Resident Evil experience on the Nintendo 3DS when it launches next year.
    GAME FEATURES:
    • All new Resident Evil - Taking place between the events of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, new
    storyline featuring series favourites Jill Valentine and Chris Redfi eld plus new BSAA members Parker
    Luciani and Jessica Sherawat.
    • Classic survival horror gameplay returns – With limited ammo and weapons available, adventure
    through a range of different locations including the dark confi ned spaces of a cruise ship and the
    treacherous snow covered mountains, fi ghting off infected enemies that lurk around every corner.
    • Utilises the unique 3DS features – Make use of the touch screen to solve puzzles and switch between
    weapons.
    • Use your equipment – Analyse enemies and investigate areas such as a plane crash site with the
    Genesis scanner. Reveal hidden items to upgrade your weapons.
    • Brand new threat – A new kind of enemy and virus that not only attacks you on the ground but also
    under water is set to join the legions of Resident Evil enemies and provide a unique challenge for
    players.
    • First person shooter view – choose the shooting style that suits you and pin point your enemies with
    the ability to alternate between fi rst and third person views.
    • Execute melee attacks – Players will be able to get up close and personal with their enemies.
    • Outstanding visuals - MT Framework Mobile, an adapted version of Capcom’s proprietary game engine
    previously used in Resident Evil 5, brings the horror to life on the Nintendo 3DS screen.

Artwork

Screen
    http://i.imgur.com/g2PYv.jpg

Last edited by xfactor; 08-16-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

OOOH i was right :O
      water virus :OOOO
      sweet !!
      The the
      T-Abyss
      i love the name
      Last edited by rehunk88; 08-16-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

General notes here:

1. I said before how I've gotten vibes from other RE games in this one. Now it's coming along like Code Veronica in ways where character A is looking for the lost character B who happens to be in frozen setting with new character C. And because this is a prequel to RE5 I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Wesker had some involvement.

2. Glad to see they're not using ancient mind controlling parasites for this one, and instead going back to a plain ol virus.

3. Not much info on O'Brian, but he seems to be some authoritative figure. It makes me wonder more about his role considering if he's Chris and Jessica's contact (ala Hunnigan) then there would be no mystery as to Chris' whereabouts. So he's probably more involved with their mission and it's unclear where he's located. Unless of course this is later in the game and they made contact with him. We'll just have to see more on that.

4. Veltro look like a neat antagonist group. Just a bunch of HUNKs running around gives off a good biohazard feeling.

5. Was one of the characters called "Quinton Keith" or something to that effect? Either way we see that one character at the end of the demo, and he just screams punk ass side villain.

6. No real indication as to how Chris and Jessica end up in a new location but at least we get footage to show they did indeed make it to the cruise liner at some point. Possible game play? We'll see.

7. As far as game play goes I like the idea of a segment where you are wounded and have to shoot enemies coming at you.
        Last edited by Smiley; 08-16-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

....Chris looks like he just couldnt help himself and dunked his face in a bowl of milk. And forced to babysit Jessica and fatRussell Crowe is going to be hilarious. I just hope Capcom actually gives us some fun death animations to go with this 'ZOMG ITS TOTALLY HORROR AGAIN WE SWEAR' game. Doubt it...but I hope so.
          Last edited by Bertha; 08-16-2011, 11:14 AM.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
            "Quinton Keith" or something to that effect?
            It's two people, Quint and Keith.

Comment

Why is Jessica wearing heels?-.O

Comment

Unimpressed.
                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

sadly now i will get RE mercenaries to try out the demo

Comment

Or you can give me the $30 that you'd spend on the game, I kick you in the balls as hard as I can, and then give you $5 back in cash that you would have gotten from exchanging the game at Gamestop.

You'd still come out ahead .

Comment

Sherawat...

The combat gameplay looks old and outdated, I guess this happens when it panders to the fans stuck with the old games.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Oh bitch, bitch, bitch
                        Last edited by Wrathborne; 08-16-2011, 02:38 PM.

Comment

This is what she's like on the EU PS Blog.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

I'm just being honest.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

You're being something alright. *whistles innocently*
                              Last edited by Wrathborne; 08-16-2011, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X