Resident Evil Revelations Gamescom Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
    Make a good game, and put the story in later.
    When they did that last time we ended up with RE4.
    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
      The problem is the action has been over-done and so it's understandable that gamers want it to be toned down drastically.

Frankly the idea of good survival horror in RE for me is to avoid confrontation and only use it as a last resort. In RE3 you should be running from Nemesis and outsmarting him. In REmake you should be trying to burn zombies and run from crimson heads hoping that if you have to use your gun you land a head shot.

But let's be fair. This series did have it's fare share of action. But it needs to be kept as minimal as possible. A rocket launcher at the end? Sure. Occasional bullet time cut scenes? Why not? Unlocking heavy powered guns for a future play through? You earned that luxury.
      Isnt' that what they are doing though? Gameplay videos and previews show that the action part is much less focused than in 4 and 5, but is still there like it was in the classic titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
        When they did that last time we ended up with RE4.
        I'm failing to see the issue here.

Comment

I never suggested that there was an issue, he mentioned "good game" in his quote and I responded with RE4. I was reiterating his point, RE4 was a great game but rather frugal with the story.
          See you in hell.

Comment

Well, I have to say, it is rare to see someone accusing Capcom of thinking too much about the story. They're hardly making Deus Ex: Human Revolution. They've just completely bastardized DMC's canon, for instance.

Comment

How so? According to these professional previews that I blindly trust with my heart and soul the DmC reboot (or should I say prequel now) is great.

Don't be a hater like Dante.
              Last edited by Smiley; 08-18-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                They've just completely bastardized DMC's canon, for instance.
                Devil May Cry doesn't really have much of a canon to begin with, though.

Comment

so I guess theyve decided not to go with the original concept set up in this trailer?

Real time footage running off a 3DS version of Capcom's MT Framework. You won't see it in 3D like we did at E3, but we think you'll be impressed.

Comment

Probably, but as seen in the newest trailer, we can see Chris and Jessica arriving at the ship (which may ocurr before or after Jill arrives with Parker). And considering the demo in Mercs 3D features the man in the chair, also shown in the first trailer, I think those plot elements are still there, but in a different way.

Comment

Ya know, I gotta say this about this new games direction.

I really dont trust Capcom to be able to put out an RE game that has the atmosphere or fun factor the previous games had. Besides, do we really need ANOTHER terrorist group as the villain in the RE series?

Los Illuminados was OK, Weskers Tricell funded mercenary group that was basically a copy and paste of Los Illuminados without the monks and now we're getting an insane Italian based terrorist group...I really wish the series would stop this fucking metal gear solid bullshit.Ya know, sending out special agents to deal with terrorist groups who use 'Bio Organic Weapons' instead of conventional weaponry.

Solid Snakes job is to take care of terrorists, Chris and Jills job was to protect Raccoon city, now that its gone the idea that they'd go globetrotting fighting international terrorists and their monstrosities is just pure suicidal stupidity.

Stopping Wesker personally was understandable, but looking at this from a slightly more adult perspective...These two joining an Interpol inspired organization after managing to survive a variety of horrors involving several viruses that cause all kinds of horrible catastrophes, doesnt make them brave, or dedicated, it makes them seem like determined idiots who keep pushing on a 'pull' door until it opens.

In this era of Video games, cant the writers come up with some genuine motivations for these two?

Wanting to save the world non stop is almost as Naive as having villains who wants to destroy it.
                      Last edited by Wrathborne; 08-20-2011, 12:01 AM.

Comment

What about that General Grande Meal we heard so much about in Degeneration?

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                          ...do we really need ANOTHER terrorist group as the villain in the RE series?

Los Illuminados was OK, Weskers Tricell funded mercenary group that was basically a copy and paste of Los Illuminados without the monks and now we're getting an insane Italian based terrorist group...I really wish the series would stop this fucking metal gear solid bullshit.Ya know, sending out special agents to deal with terrorist groups who use 'Bio Organic Weapons' instead of conventional weaponry.
                          They used that plot device mainly because that's exactly what the RE writers imagined what would happen after Umbrella's fall. Bioweapons would be sold on the black market. And it so happens that terrorist groups would be first in line to purchase them. Because they have the means, cash and agenda to get that deal done.

EDIT: I don't think those RE writers were lookin' up MGS for their inspiration. IMO, They just came with that crap all by themselves. Besides, MGS isn't the only franchise that deals with terrorists groups as the main baddies. Splinter Cell does that too.
                          Last edited by Pikminister; 08-22-2011, 06:11 PM.
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X