Ridley Scott to direct new Blade Runner entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    Let me see...let's take Avatar. I seem to recall you like Avatar. What if, for a sequel, they toned down the visual budget and action segments, focusing instead on the diplomatic talks to save Pocahontas' Planet?
    Space politics ftw.
    sigpic

Comment

An now you involve avatar into it ?? of course i should have figured .. just because i dident find blade runner interresting .. you always gotta bring in avatar just because i enjoyed that and you dident... if avatar was such a bad movie it would never have made all that money back.. it did it for a reason ..... what did blade runner do ... it couldent even make its 28 millions back ... and how much did avatar make ?? ... ooh yes that much !
      blade runner only got its freaky hype from the space geeks out there same thing happend .to the thing it was pure shit back then but after many years people then first started to love it.
      i saw blade runner i even saw the extended version directors cut just for the hell of it .. and yeah its a slow movie i hate the music characters seems boring .. the girl replicas character is pointless i do wanna say one good thing about it thought...

The End Credits....

Comment

I included Avatar because I was trying to make a point - if they made the next Avatar movie in the way I wanted (less flashy crap, more plot, dialogue and character expansion with a much heavier focus on story) you, a fan of the current Avatar, would hate it and feel it wasn't a good Avatar movie.

Just as fans of BladeRunner would hate it if the sequel is what you want - 3D action flick where the story is 'Replicants must die, shoot them all' which would drive anyone who liked the first movie nuts.

There is no point in making a sequel that fans of the first movie will hate. And not every movie needs action turned up to 11.

Comment

Blade Runner is not an action flick, it's not about shootings and explosion. Saying it needed more action is like saying Resident Evil needs karate fighting scenes and laser rooms, and we all know how well that went.

Comment

Yeah. Not every film is for every person. Of course, not everyone is like me - I realized long ago that there are great movies I will eternally hate. Doesn't mean I can't accept they're good movies, I just don't like them. I'm not the target audience, usually.

It's not about money (unless people think the Twilight Saga deserved to earn as much as, for example, Avatar) but about how well a movie is remembered. Blade Runner was made in 1982 - two years before I was born. It's one of the finest sci-fi movies ever made.

If, in nearly 30 years time, most of the crap made today is still talked about I'll be shocked.

Comment

Its not about money ? the whole movie industry is all about earning money
              blade runner bombed back then with to little profit and bad reviews anyway,

there will just always be a small numbers who like

thats how it is with all movies

the big group that dosent like it ( like me)

then the small group that adore it because its underrated as they call it

but from my point of view i actuelly think blade runner is overrated specaily today

back then it got what it deserved the bad reviews
              now its getting overpraised to much way to much.

so i hope they bring on the action nice special effects and scotts 3d ( that im pretty excited to see) .. in his new alien prequel but if it works there it will work in new blade runner movies too.
              and of course no harrison ford he is to old for that role
              Last edited by rehunk88; 09-03-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

...you are aware that, percentage wise, Blade Runner has a higher rating than Avatar on Rotten Tomatoes?

And if the amount of money a movie is what counts, I bring good news! The Twilight Trilogy is better than Avatar, too. And Resident Evil 5 is the best one, whereas Remake is one of the worst. The money made does not equate to the quality, I'm afraid. Otherwise Stephanie Myer would be so broke she's approaching rich from the other side.

The simple fact is, people still talk about Blade Runner nearly 30 years later. How many other movies does that happen for? Not many. The biggest question asked of Avatar is 'will there be a sequel?' and that's more or less it. The buzz is done, two years later. It's very unlikely to be a movie people remember ten years down the line, except possibly as the start of a franchise of movies.

Now, you can think Blade Runner is over rated, and that's fine. But you need to understand - adding action and cutting dialogue and character to a Blade Runner movie makes it a bad Blade Runner movie. Like randomly slapping scenes from an RE game into a fanfic does not make a good RE movie. Just because it's what you find interesting, which is fine, does not mean that it's what a movie automatically needs.

Otherwise the Little Mermaid would be packing an AK.
                Last edited by Darkmoon; 09-03-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post

thats how it is with all movies

the big group that dosent like it ( like me)
                  Actually you're in the small group, the majority of the people I know like that movie and arn't into the whole futurist stuff.

i actuelly think blade runner is overrated specaily today
                  If you think Blade Runner is overrated, then Avatar must be insanely overrated.

Infact that doesn't even make sense. You say the majority of people don't like it but yet its overrated.

now its getting overpraised to much way to much.

and of course no harrison ford he is to old for that role
                  Much like Avatar is getting overpraised way too much, for absolutely nothing except for its looks. But its lack of story is what completely makes me space out during the movie to the point were I don't even bother to watch it anymore.

And I do believe Harrison Ford can still do the role. He's old yes but they can do that CG shit they did with the new Tron movie and make him look younger.

Blade Runner does not need more action scenes. I enjoy the slow pace of the movie. If you want action, go watch Terminator 2.

And if Ridley Scott brings in 3D so be it. But I won't see it in 3D (because 1. 3D is fucking stupid and 2. Its way too expensive).
                  Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 09-03-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

ooh yeah fuck its higher on rotten tomatoes Ooh shit then it must be true !!! xD come on man its a internet website and i dont know why you keep talking about twilight we arent talking about twilight at all so dont mix that shit into this

and you need to understand if blade runner dont get action people will simply just fall asleep because its so boring .. even the ending what the hell was that all about
                    the end and you sit with a feeling like .... maan i just waisted my time.

and its funny we talked about blade runner first now you added in avatar and twilight ...
                    they got nothing to do in here
                    people talk about all movies 30 years later XD like alien now if you want to add new movies into this alien now thats a quality movie

but in the end if you want the new blade runner to give profit back then scott cant do like he did back then times has changes this isent the 80s anymore we dont want slow boring storys characters you doent even care for ... we want action we want sci fi we want intense scenes and characters not long ass dragging scenes that takes forever and what do you get out of it ? more boring scenes .. blade runner is overrated and i stand by that.

and to nemesis up there i dont feel like talking with you so have fun :3
                    Last edited by rehunk88; 09-03-2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I added Twilight and Avatar as examples. I've said that a bunch of times. Twilight has made a huge sum of money - something you think is important for a good movie. Rotten Tomatoes has a bunch of reviews - something you declared to be important for a good movie. But you honestly seem intent on not understand what anyone else is trying to say, or there point.

Let's put it this way - Blade Runner is not for you. You don't get it. And therefore, you will never understand why people liked the movie. Slapping in more action would spoil a great movie for everyone but you, but since the only view point that seems to matter is yours...

Too angry, too frustrated, too upset for beating my head against this wall. I suggest you stay out the thread for now. Your opinion has been duly noted.

Comment

I never said with the words ..that it has to make alot of money to be good but in this case avatar made that much because it is good twilight makes money because of teen crushes and famous books avatar dident have any of that
                        it did it on its own because of james cameron the genius

slow movies is for me ( like alien) i adore that movie

but blade runner just dident do it .. for me

and it wont spoile anything to give the new blade runner more action it will actuelly help out alot ;).

Comment

How? How would a bunch of action scenes improve the movie? Where, in the original, would you have added the pointless gun battles and car chases? The movie is about what it means to be human, whether a machine can be so close to human that it makes no difference. You don't reach that answer by blowing someone's face off.

And yes, you did go on about money;
                          if avatar was such a bad movie it would never have made all that money back.. it did it for a reason ..... what did blade runner do ... it couldent even make its 28 millions back ... and how much did avatar make ?? ... ooh yes that much !
                          Plus a few more I'm too buys fuming angrily about to find. I'm not angry at you, by the way, I'm frustrated about things and you just happen to irking me. But you have two choices - either the amount of money a movie makes is irrelevant to how good it is, or the Twilight Movies are as good as fucking Avatar. You don't get to make excuses when dealing with cash unless you own a fucking bank.

Look, it's this simple - you didn't like the movie, which is fine, but since you don't understand why a lot of people did like it telling the people who DID enjoy it and DID understand it how to make it better by adding what YOU like in is a slap in the face, very frustrating, especially in my current somewhat homicidal mood.

Comment

i still dont agree with you but okay i will leave you alone so you dont kill yourself

Comment

I assure, it's not me I'd be worried about killing.

Comment

well then you should watch out too ;) dont mess with my avatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X