Resident Evil Revelations Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Revelations Preview

It seems that a playable demo was available for play at Gamescon, and IGN have played it there. They have just written an article talking about the demo.

IGN - Gamescom: Resident Evil: Revelations: Frozen with Fear

Sounds like a big improvement over 5 so far...still, I'm very reluctant to give this game any credit in anything other than graphics.

Comment

Not even for more Jill game play? Or not having forced co-op?

I don't even hate 5 and I can already see them addressing the issues brought up from it. The teaser just implied it was more of the same. It even looked like Chris and Jill were tagging along ala Lost in Nightmares. Now we're really cracking down on the content and so far it seems like a much better attempt. Of course we have to be skeptical. We'd be fools not to. But aside from graphics I can still find things that are improvements.

If there's anything in the long run that can drive off the fear IMO it's the fact that it's a prequel to 5 and that it's coming out on a hand held. But let's hope the game play can accommodate for those faults.

Comment

It's looking a lot better than some of the previous games (and, from my point of view, most of the current crop of games...that I can play RE online with some friends is so far it's sole redeeming feature of ORC, for example) but it's definitely a case of...7th time bitten, very shy. It's gonna take a lot to make me consider a 3DS, even with the new price.

Comment

Looking good so far ^^ I think their building back up to that survival horror feel that they lost so long ago (I mean I didn't feel any of it in 4 or 5 lol)

what do you guys think about revelations so far?

Comment

I really like what I've seen of Revelations so far. It's going to be the first game that I get when I buy my 3DS...whenever that ends up being.

Comment

Originally posted by leftshoe18 View Post
              I really like what I've seen of Revelations so far. It's going to be the first game that I get when I buy my 3DS...whenever that ends up being.
              Ouch, you should have ordered it on that day they went down to like £115/$169(£105) which is crazy cheap, considering how long it took for the Wii to drop down in price XD

But yeah I guess its worth the wait, heck I'd only buy a handful of games for the 3DS to be fair

Comment

Well the 3DS recent price cut was what did it for me. That and Ocarina of Time 3D (I'm still playing it). So, if this game - Revelations - ends up delivering the goods, I'll be half way there (from owning it).
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm speechless...
                  honestly can't wait for it <3

Comment

Yes this game is definitely an improvement over RE5. Even RE4 for that matter, since RE4 had a lot of action in it as well.

This game plays more like 3.5, which is really cool. But I only find Jill's mission appealing at the moment. Something about Chris being teamed up with Jessica, and being outside in an open field doesn't really do it for me. The best way to create fear is to let the player be alone. Chris and Jessica are paired up at the moment. I'm hoping that they will be separated, like Jill and Parker.

And I hope that in the final version, the regenerators will take more hits to kill. Right now they look to easy to take out. And the more this game feels like 1.5 and 3.5, the better.

I like when Jill walks through that room with the book shelves, and a regenerator crawls out of the shelf. I said "Finally, Resident Evil is back!"
                    Last edited by RetroRain; 08-23-2011, 12:02 AM.
                    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                      Well the 3DS recent price cut was what did it for me. That and Ocarina of Time 3D (I'm still playing it). So, if this game - Revelations - ends up delivering the goods, I'll be half way there (from owning it).
                      Yup same here. If all goes according to plan, I might get one by the beginning of September. Revelations looks good enough to own a 3DS, but if you add classics like Star Fox & Ocarina of Time and chances to play games that I missed on the last gen (MGS3D FUCK YES!) then it's a must have for me.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
                      X