Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Connection sharing Problem

First off is my little network
    1 computer connected by way of wireless to my router (XP Pro SP3)

1 computer connected straight to the router with a cable

1 360, with wire cable

I'm trying to connect by way of the Ethernet cable from the back of my 360 to the back of my wireless connected PC , when that little bit of business is done I click on internet sharing, and it says Internet sharing cannot be enabled, a LAN connection is already configured with the ip address used for automatic ip addressing. I'd imagine I must change something but I don't know where and be specific please. On my wireless connected PC i have the wireless connection manually configured but didn't seem to matter before (and when every thing was attained automatically), everything worked but now it doesn't. Help would be very much appreciated as I'm going bat shit crazy without xbox live
    "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Can you not connect the 360 directly to the router with the ethernet cable? If you're gonna go wireless with 360 then why do it through the PC, just go wirelesss direct to the router?
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can't run a 360 through a LAN and wireless at the same time anyways. Why not just do it wirelessly, as Kylie said? You can't really merge the two without screwing shit up.

Comment

There's actually an official Xbox Live help page for this kind of thing:

My experience with this kind of connection has been pretty bad though... the Xbox 360 usually has pretty high latency as a result and a poor performing internet connection.

Comment

Working...
        X