Umbrella Sciences website opens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    Was Twitter even around in 1998? The only thing I can gather is.....time travel.
    The Twitter stuff is completely irrelevant. Remember the Leon/Claire/Steve/Krauser ones?
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

...incase anyone missed it, just gives the clue to already post birkin link.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I like this, very nice stuff. Wish those files were dated though.

There is also this;
        "I've got 100 cows."
        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Really, really cool marketing! I wish the links on the Umbrella site actually worked.. I wanted to read who won this year's Ashford awards!
          sigpic

Comment

I wonder how much of this will actually be relevant to the game

Comment

I can imagine maybe 1 or 2 more competitions, the next contest to maybe win a console and a copy of the game.

But perhaps as the clues get on and TGS comes around we will see some new levels/trailers/B.O.Ws and reveals.

But I gotta say this is one kickass marketing campaign.

Comment

Will we see Sherry in this game? All the promo material reminds me too much of the stuff for RE: Darkside Chronicles. Raccoon City is uninteresting to me unless we get a remake of RE2.

Comment

The psych evaluation for Birkin is fucking fantastic. I love this. I hope the birkinfiles site is updated several more times throughout this promotion.

Comment

Looks to be for Operation Raccoon City on the bottom of the website.

Edit:

lol maybe I should read everyone's comments first... Anyways looks like a pretty cool promotion they are doing for the game.
                    Last edited by Stars_g36; 08-31-2011, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                      Really, really cool marketing! I wish the links on the Umbrella site actually worked.. I wanted to read who won this year's Ashford awards!
                      I know! I really wanted to read that article as well.

That is a fairly cool site minus the creepy baby. I never associate Umbrella with toothless babies (And yes, I know they aren't going to put a zombie on a pharmaceutical site, but you know what I mean).
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope some of these files are relevant to the game...I would love to see Annette have a role in the game!

Comment

Their marketing would be better if they actually showed stuff from Operation Raccoon City. All I really see are a few pointless websites, to be honest with you.

If you want to go through each site and read and do everything thats on them, go ahead, but I don't see why you would want to waste your time, I'm certainly not.
                          My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                          ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

RetroRain, this is much better marketing for us old school fans, would you rather them showing the same old screens or silly little adverts or live action episodes?

This marketing is done in the form of a fight against Umbrella and personal Umbrella information, I think I speak for most old school fans when I say reading little documents on characters like William Birkin is much more interesting to us then little live action episodes or something similar.

And that letter from Annette is just another example of this cool little waste our time things to look at.

Comment

What do these people have in common?

Tenkamenin
                              Hitler
                              LPC

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              Last edited by kevstah2004; 09-01-2011, 07:35 AM.
                              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                                RetroRain, this is much better marketing for us old school fans, would you rather them showing the same old screens or silly little adverts or live action episodes?

This marketing is done in the form of a fight against Umbrella and personal Umbrella information, I think I speak for most old school fans when I say reading little documents on characters like William Birkin is much more interesting to us then little live action episodes or something similar.

And that letter from Annette is just another example of this cool little waste our time things to look at.
                                I completely agree. As someone who had very little interest in Operation: Raccoon City to begin with, this promotion has at least piqued my curiosity. The reasonable side of me has plenty of doubts that the game will actually delve further into all this wonderful nostalgia, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy these sites for what they're worth.

Any history of Umbrella that is pre-Raccoon City disaster will always, always make my heart pitter-patter.

Comment

Working...
                                X