No announcement yet.

Umbrella Sciences website opens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just think doing this is pretty pointless because we already know what this game is all about so its not really a secret or anything more waist of time really

just give us more gameplay videos ( from diffrend areas) and
    a new trailer i dont want some shit site i cant use to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
      Will we see Sherry in this game? All the promo material reminds me too much of the stuff for RE: Darkside Chronicles. Raccoon City is uninteresting to me unless we get a remake of RE2.
      Raccoon City is uninteresting if you do get a remake of BH2 since very little of the city is actually explored in that title.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
        i just think doing this is pretty pointless because we already know what this game is all about so its not really a secret or anything more waist of time really

just give us more gameplay videos ( from diffrend areas) and
        a new trailer i dont want some shit site i cant use to anything.
        Exactly.

shanemurphy, I don't see how this kind of marketing is better for old-school fans, or even new fans for that matter. I never cared for the lame live action advertising, but all they need to do is show more screenshots and videos of gameplay. It really is that simple. They're wasting their time with this nonsense.

These websites are pointless.
        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
          Exactly.

shanemurphy, I don't see how this kind of marketing is better for old-school fans, or even new fans for that matter. I never cared for the lame live action advertising, but all they need to do is show more screenshots and videos of gameplay. It really is that simple. They're wasting their time with this nonsense.

These websites are pointless.
          They're good for people who care about the plot. Stuff like Birkin's journal, Annette's letter and the psychology reports shed some light on the characters and their motivations.

Also, I would comment on Annette's letter if I could read the fucking thing.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            They're good for people who care about the plot. Stuff like Birkin's journal, Annette's letter and the psychology reports shed some light on the characters and their motivations.

But you're gonna learn about the plot when you play the damn game! And 99% of the time, if it's not in the game, it's not considered "cannon".

Like when the makers of Saw the videogame saying that the game is cannon to the movies because of the way they made the game, but the producers said its best to keep them separate. Unless it's in the movie, it's not really cannon. Which is why I found those stupid Star Wars videogames pointless, with Darth Vader taking an apprentice or some stupid shit. If you really want to fill in the gap between Episode III and IV, just make another movie, and don't give it a number. Just give it a title.

Bottom line is, if it's not in the game, I don't care about it. Creators are always changing the plots and retconning stories to make more sequels. I don't care what it says about Birkin on that website. It's really meaningless, much like those stupid twitter comments about Leon talking about his first day on the job, as a way of promoting Darkside Chronicles. It's just pure lame-ness.

Give me more screenshots and videos, something that, what do you know--- actually PROMOTES the damn game!
            Last edited by RetroRain; 09-01-2011, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post

Scroll down on that page lol.

Comment

Yeah...in RE land, it's actually the opposite way around. Half of the plot is not in the games, and can only be found by buying and translating guides from Japan. So wish I was joking.

Comment

Well, whatever it is, it is. I'm just saying that the game is the end result. I don't really care about stuff outside the game. If the game is good enough, then let the game speak for itself. If not, then they didn't do a very good job then did they?

But as for Resident Evil, I don't really honestly care about the story anymore. I think they did too good of a job butchering it. I'm only in it for the gameplay now. In fact, they could leave the story out completely, and I'd be fine with it.

I just wish they would show more screens and videos instead of showing us these websites. Hey, if you guys like this kind of marketing, that's fine. If that's what makes you happy, then that's cool. I personally don't care for it.

Comment

Yeah Because who cared about the live action videos from re 5 really ?
                    they had nothing to do with the game itself
                    it made you think the game was gonna be so scary with the line ( i dont remember it)

fear something XD

and you dident see what you wanted ( and that is gameplay)
                    its just live action shit you cant use for anything .. thats not what i want ..
                    what i want is the gameitself if i want to to see live action i will watch the resident evil movies ( witch i never will again XD)

Comment

FEAR YOU CAN'T FORGET!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGH!!!

BIG BLACK BLOBS OF WORMS WITH ORANGE BLOBS ON SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!

(Loljks)

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                        FEAR YOU CAN'T FORGET!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGH!!!

BIG BLACK BLOBS OF WORMS WITH ORANGE BLOBS ON SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!

(Loljks)
                        HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH thats it XDDD

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                          Their marketing would be better if they actually showed stuff from Operation Raccoon City. All I really see are a few pointless websites, to be honest with you.

If you want to go through each site and read and do everything thats on them, go ahead, but I don't see why you would want to waste your time, I'm certainly not.
                          Well you see any good ARG starts slow almost 87% start like this when it grows trust me we will see a lot more

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                            Yeah Because who cared about the live action videos from re 5 really ?
                            they had nothing to do with the game itself
                            it made you think the game was gonna be so scary with the line ( i dont remember it)

fear something XD

and you dident see what you wanted ( and that is gameplay)
                            its just live action shit you cant use for anything .. thats not what i want ..
                            what i want is the gameitself if i want to to see live action i will watch the resident evil movies ( witch i never will again XD)
                            While I do agree that the Live Action videos from RE5 where almost pointless, I found Adam's blog rather interesting because it gave you some backstory, which I think it's what gives more flavor to the game.

So I'm on the side who likes this kind of stuff. I always loved ARGs and having an RE game is just perfect for waiting for ORC. I'm sure we'll get some gameplay videos in this, just let it go it's course.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

The live action viral videos from BH5 and the Twitter shit was handled by a bunch of CAPCOM U.S.A. PR reps and have no involvement with the plot. Pure sappy promotion. The BSAA Remote Desktop and Adam's Blog on the other hand were written by the R&D team for the game's to tie in directly with the game's story.

But you're gonna learn about the plot when you play the damn game!
                              If only this was true.

But as for Resident Evil, I don't really honestly care about the story anymore.
                              Cool story bro. Others do. What's your point? Should they stop releasing stuff just because you don't care?

If you want screenshots and videos... go look for them. They release new ones regularly at every new showing of the game. Promotional tie-in campaigns like this don't affect that. Bitching about a non-existent issue is the worst kind. Though it's amusing you want videos of a game which is essentially a standard run-and-gun. The fuck do you expect to see from watching the same shit over and over again with bad players?
                              Last edited by News Bot; 09-01-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I kind of liked the RE5 live action videos, made it seen that RE5's story was going to be interesting and we'd get a sad ending for once.

Comment

Working...
                                X