Resident Evil Titles In PS Plus September Offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Titles In PS Plus September Offers

This month also marks a special occasion as we’re celebrating the Resident Evil 15th Anniversary with PSone Classics: Resident Evil Director’s Cut, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3, all free to PlayStation Plus subscribers starting 9/20, for 2 weeks only.

On the discount side of things, Resident Evil 4 (releasing 9/20 on PSN) and Resident Evil Code Veronica (releasing on 9/27 on PSN) will be 50% off for Plus subscribers as part of the RE 15th Anniversary special.

Free PS one Classics:
    Resident Evil Director’s Cut – 9/20 (2 weeks)
    Resident Evil 2 – 9/20 (2 weeks)
    Resident 3 – 9/20 (2 weeks)

Discounts & Sale Offers:
    Resident Evil 4 – 50% off – 9/20 (2 Weeks)
    Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD – 50% off – 9/20 (2 Weeks)
    Playstation Blog US

Damn. Only if the free Welcome Back Playstation Plus subscription lasted that long.. I may have been tempted to buy CVX.. Pretty nice deals. Anyone here a PS+ subscriber?
    sigpic

Comment

I'm PS+ in UK. Where RE and 3 are yet to release on PSN. Not that I really care, still having my discs nearby.

I'm wondering if these are actually free games, or just free as long as PS+ member. The monthly updates are all the 'rental' types but the random promotions like these are random if you keep them or not.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Already have 1-3, but 50% off? Well shit. Might have to take that up.....

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
          I'm wondering if these are actually free games, or just free as long as PS+ member.
          Yeah basically they're only playable for as long as you have a PS+ membership.

Comment

This would almost make paying for a PS+ subscription worth it.

Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
              This would almost make paying for a PS+ subscription worth it.

Almost.
              Same here... If there were slight better benefits, then I would have PSN+. The half price discounts make it sooo damn appealing, but as a multiplatform owner I'll wait for an Xbox Live Deal Of The Week.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

The way it works tho is as soon as you run out, your games dont work unless you re subscribe. its so sneaky.

Comment

The thing with Playstation Network it seems is that if you wait a while (like maybe two months or so) the games drop in price during one of their "sale" periods. I bought a game that had been on the network for a while for $15, and then the following week it was included in the "Summer Sale" for $5. Needless to say, I was a bit pissed, but what are you going to do...

Resident Evil games that I've played numerous times with nothing new added to them aside from HD quality just doesn't do it for me. I have a backwards compatible PS3, and a Wii, so I think I can play both versions I own of CODE: Veronica without the need for downloading it. ;)

Now, if the price is ever right (I.E. $5), I would definitely snag CODE: Veronica...RE4 I could careless to play again.
                  sigpic

Comment

RE4 I think I'll pass but Code Veronica? Hell yes, Code Veronica didn't just get HD but the lighting engine has got a upgrade, we got bloom, dynamic shadows and from what I have noticed from the screenshot comparisons it looks like we even have normal mapping going on ( when I looked at the broken walls and things I noticed the fire's lighting was catching some of that rubble texturing rather good)

So Code Veronica might not be the same level as REmake but I'm glad they did do more then just put it in a HD resolution.

Comment

Too bad I don't care much for PSN, or else this would be a good deal. But I already have all those on disc, so no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                        I'm wondering if these are actually free games, or just free as long as PS+ member.
                        Well its like this... they're "free" if you first pay for PS+ membership.

Its like one of those burger joints promotions where you get a "free" coke as long as you pay for the rest of the meal.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                          Same here... If there were slight better benefits, then I would have PSN+. The half price discounts make it sooo damn appealing, but as a multiplatform owner I'll wait for an Xbox Live Deal Of The Week.
                          What better benefits do you want? Every month you get at minimum:

1 PSN game
                          1 PS1 Classic
                          2 PS minis
                          Dynamic themes

So for a year that is 12 PSN games, 12 PS1 classics, 24 PS minis and lots of themes and avatars. Those are all on 'rental' type agreement, when PS+ expires you cannot play them anymore, except themes and avatars which you keep forever.

In addition to that you also get (randomly but very often):

Beta access whenever one roles about
                          DLC to keep forever
                          Exclusive sales on games
                          Day 1 discounts on many games
                          Many other games on the same 'rental' package as the monthly ones.
                          Completely free games that you keep even when PS+ expires.

Not forgetting the online cloud saving for your game saves.

I think anyone with a PS3 really should get PS+, the amount of stuff you get (even if some is just 'rental') is quite amazing, it isn't crap nobody wants either.

They gave away (to keep) all of Fallout 3 DLC, on PSN that is £40, the cost of a years subscription to PS+ all by itself. They gave away Killzone 3 map packs on the day of release to keep forever too, it isn't just old content they give away but brand new stuff too, be it DLC or full games. Look at the money saved on RE/CV HD alone, four other releases this month all have 20% discounts for PS+ people.

I better cut this post off here before people suspect I have a secret investment in the scheme.

Comment

Man, Europe is always getting screwed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                              Man, Europe is always getting screwed.
                              How, in this case? Europe not had its PS+ stuff for this month announced yet. Will be tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X