Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 1.5 in 2D - Demo v2.1 Download

Resident Evil 1.5 in 2D - Demo v3.4

Well, this is the final demo, with the 2 characters playable and the definitive gameplay. There will be no more demos and all the project progress will be reviewed by the beta testers.

Screenshots:

Download:
    Download Demo v3.5 - English
    Download Demo v3.4 - Portuguese

Older Demos:
    Download Demo v2.1 - English
    Download Demo v2.1 - Portuguese

Hope you like it.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-04-2012, 04:22 PM.

I had fun with this. Looking forward to more.
    sigpic

Comment

Cool stuff, downloading now
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

This must be 1.5 Week!

EDIT - I'm having trouble running the game. When I open up the application "Game", it says "Invalid access to memory location." I installed the font from the font folder, but I don't know what else to do to get the program running.
        Last edited by RetroRain; 09-05-2011, 07:29 PM.
        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Read the "Readme" file, section = TROUBLESHOOTING

Comment

what program do you use to run this file?

Comment

No program needed. It comes with everything you need.
              sigpic

Comment

well when compressed in .rar file I meant file extractor. But I got it to run, but only showed the intro video and went black. Looks cool so far!

Maybe taking a long long time to load? I got a pretty fast lap top lol.

Edit: NVM ran as administrator, good to go! :O)
                Last edited by Stars_g36; 09-06-2011, 12:18 AM.

Comment

It's pretty fun, but I feel the Zombies are too fast and you can't run past them with out getting grabbed. Fun though. the dogs in the kennel made me jump even though I knew it was gonna happen lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stars_g36 View Post
                    It's pretty fun, but I feel the Zombies are too fast and you can't run past them with out getting grabbed.
                    Should have seen the first version haha (much has improved since then). You can run past them without getting grabbed. It seems a little random though. I've become an expert at getting through the reception area (which is a deathtrap until you get used to controls and/or realize it's best to just run away in there).

It might still need some tweaking in general. I suppose it might be different for me since I was given the walkthrough prior, so I didn't have to explore, but right now if anything it's too easy once you get the shotgun. There's only really maybe 1 zombie you can and should kill with the handgun before you get it once you know where to go. I end up with 120+ handgun rounds and killing every zombie with the shotgun with plenty of ammo left. But that could all change once tougher enemies (the t-baboon bosses/minis, alligators, ect) start dwindling the currently generous supply of shotgun ammo (provided you get all the pickups).

Not sure how to balance the handgun better. The problem is the game is grid-based. So, whereas in the real game you could try to squeeze by and there was more room to maneuver and shoot, it's more restrictive in this 2d grid-environment. I'm not sure how to fix this. He's already added some minor stun/pushback to some zombies when shot with the handgun, which helps in some cases. Not to mention in the real game, you can press L1 and switch targets, shooting multiple enemies keeping them somewhat at bay and damaging more than one at a time whereas in this grid based version, there's no way to do that except maybe add the ability to shoot diagonally, but that would only work if a zombie/enemy was one square away and by then you're screwed haha.

Cause personally I think the problem right now solely lies in handgun combat. In close quarters, you're doomed, and if you've got more than one enemy coming at you, you're probably doomed as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just tried it out and it's pretty cool, did a good job of capturing the feel of 1.5. Sadly, I hauled ass out of that crazy reception room you spoke off, only to be cornered by two zombies and devoured in the room across the hall with the shutter
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

You can close the shutters on zombies and kill them/cut them in half.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                          You can close the shutters on zombies and kill them/cut them in half.
                          WHAT?! Thanks for the tip

Comment

good to know! lol, Thanks for the reply, very informational!

Comment

Got to the cut screen of the zombies busting in through the main hall... but it stopped after that. nvm, had to press the action button lol.
                              Last edited by Stars_g36; 09-06-2011, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X